Medidata Solutions Director Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Medidata Solutions Chairman & CEO Tarek Sherif
Tarek Sherif

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great flexibility to accommodate work-life Balance (in 20 reviews)

• Also, there is a work from home opportunity to accommodate people who have long commute by not coming to the office every day (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance; the expectation is that you are available (in 14 reviews)

• Middle management is not always that good and often toxic (in 9 reviews)

"Growing fast. Tremendous opportunity and experience"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment
    Flexible
    Good benefits
    Fun place to be
    Opportunities to learn

Cons

If you love change and working hard, great place to be. If lazy and looking for an easy job, might want to look elsewhere. Some communication challenges between levels.

Advice to Management

Get into the trenches and talk to those doing the work to understand issues and opportunities.

"Great mission and growth prospects"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with strong growth prospects. Director/VP/SVPs are all very strong talent and great people working together to expand the company, products, clients, partners and revenue. Dynamic environment and geographic flexibility offered to sales professionals.

Cons

Company is only 15 years old so while some processes have been established and are scalable, others are still in process. Lots of change in sales leadership in last two years. Come prepared to work hard!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Director marketing."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little pros. The HR team keep forcing us to post positive comments to make drive the CEO scores up

Cons

Senior leadership especially in marketing tries to drive demand generation and presents results that are not factual. m

Advice to Management

Marketing and Hr as well as the COO are not behaving ethnically

"Great culture, exciting work"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medidata is a fast paced, fast growing tech company. There are many opportunities for advancement and change. If you ware willing to self-motivate and tackle hard problems with grace, there is success awaiting you at Medidata. I've been a customer and an employee and I love Medidata from both perspectives.

Cons

"Work hard, play hard" - it can be too easy to only work hard and forget to take care of your work/life balance. Medidata fully supports a good balance, but it's easy to individually lose track of that.

Advice to Management

Communicate, motivate, and continue to be passionate!

"Hiring practices are unethical! Run away!"

Former Contractor - Director in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The leaders of the company are awesome and share a vision that is literally changing the world in how clinical trials are ran/managed. They are both inspiring individuals and truly care about the company and it's people.

Cons

Although the two leaders of the company are awesome, they seem to be unaware of the unethical and dysfunctional practices that go on not too far below them. The process of being hired from contract to full time was possibly the worst experience I've ever had in my 15-20 year career. It took about 3 months, the title changed 3 times, and the final time it changed it was a 2 title demotion. This title change was told to me after I had given my employer notice, which just isn't right and quite frankly, unethical! There was so much miscommunication during the hiring process and it made it such a frustrating experience. If this is how they treat "highly desired people" coming into the company, you can only imagine how they treat you once you're there. I ended up walking away from the offer completely. I would only recommend working here if you are using it as a platform to go somewhere else. Otherwise, stay away!

Advice to Management

Hire managers and executives (especially) who fit your culture and core values. Using bait and switch methods during the hiring process is not right and seems to be common in your workplace. Find out where these cultural issues lie and address them immediately. You are losing talent every day because of these unethical/dysfunctional practices.