Medidata Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Medidata Solutions CEO Tarek Sherif
Tarek Sherif
  1. Featured Review

"Glad I Joined the Mediata Team"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees respect each other and teams are comprised of driven, knowledgeable and nice people. No one has a negative thing to say about each other. The company cares about its employees and the hard work we do. PTO is unlimited and encouraged. The work is challenging and rewarding. Hard work is recognized. There is plenty to learn.

Cons

Organization of information is not the most efficient. e.g. Release notes have to be searched individually for dates and data. No consistency in the organization of documentation in working folders or eBinders. Information is often difficult to find and frustrating. Few remote expenses are reimbursed.

Advice to Management

Improve Help Desk turnaround times on issues. Clients are annoyed with the current process where a ticket is submitted, the ticket is acknowledged, summarized, and assigned... but investigated much later. Too many email are sent as the ticket is processed, assigned and reassigned. Tickets are often bounced around from department to department prior to a resolution.

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is phenomenal and unlike anything I've ever seen in my career. Work-life balance is encouraged. Upper Management really gets it and is highly supportive.

Cons

Nothing yet to speak of.

3. "Amazing people and company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work location, solid pay, nice offices, great mission. Many other perks.

Cons

Nothing as of now, keep it up.

Advice to Management

Continue to put employees first as we grow so rapidly.

4. "Great culture and friendly environment"

Current Employee - Physical Security Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work, Great team to work with, great technology team!

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the long hours.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Test Engineer II in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits package, WFH availability, Coffee/Tea/Espresso/Water/Hot Cocoa provided, Game Room, plenty of events and parties, organizes clubs/communities, good work pacing, friendly working environment, opportunity for advancement/career goals, feels like managers actually care for your well-being.

Cons

Commuting into NYC sucks, all the cons i can think of have to do with the city rather than the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Management has good communication and is very transparent

"No sense of urgency"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Some teams are fabulous to work on Some coworkers are fabulous to work with If you like a casual atmosphere and work/life balance, they have it There are some good managers who will make the place bearable. Diversity People do get promoted Benefits are good

Cons

People, in general, don't have a sense of urgency. They feel their module will allow them to put their feet up and relax Feels like they are dying a slow death No one makes decisions. Everyone avoids ownership Silos. Teams role themselves the same utilities for themselves rather than share them Change control (as opposed to safety nets) Organic decisions made in vacuums aren't questioned until it is too late to...

Advice to Management

The old habits of the people who have been there are holding you back. People who have been in your company for 10 years have no idea how to innovate or to keep you current. They are killing you. Pay people what they are worth

7. "STILL the best place I've worked"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Culture, mission, benefits, and technology that matters

Cons

Nothing significant enough to list

"Too many directors and executives brainstorming, too few employees tasked with executing."

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Compensation & Benefits - having the opportunity to work remotely.

Cons

Culture and values, career opportunities, and trust in senior leadership. Way too often are situations reported to human resources and nothing is done about it. There is no clear plan for the future, employees don’t know long-term goals, senior leadership fails to adequately communicate.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your leadership team and departments with high turn over rate and don't chalk in up to "we're growing". The correlation is present and needs to be acknowledged and addressed. Its a fact that companies with high turnover won’t/don't deliver on their promises and may just be a waste of time.

9. ""Saving Lives!" It's a real culture here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place is amazing. You hear about culture from every company during the recruiting process only to find once in the door, it was only a fabrication. It's real here. Everyone feels like they are doing something bigger than themselves. The thought of "Saving lives" unifies the population. Medidata is conquering diseases using our technology. It's amazing.. and it is something you feel when you are here.

Cons

Still a bit traditional but everyone is really working to transform. So much growth going on here and change is necessary (but not for everyone). Moving to let more work remote and not be in NYC physically.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what you have built. Keep bringing in innovators and embrace the noise. Noise = Innovation.

10. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

1. great benefits. e.g., unlimited PTO and flexible work hours work from home policy and support remote employee 2. fast growing a lot of opportunities 3. good mission

Cons

1. depends on team, it may quite some effort for engineers' voice being heard

Advice to Management

Try harder to find talents

Found 315 reviews