KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medidata Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Good experience so far

Jun 28, 2022 - Senior Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, benefits, team / manager support but this might be luck of the draw

Cons

All processes aren't super well defined, a lot of flexibility can be good and bad

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Miles better than any other job I've had

Apr 11, 2022 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have to admit I'm baffled at some crazy reviews about forced reviews lol If it makes you feel better, I was never solicited for a review. So that is, at least, a different account. Anyways, I have worked here for almost a year now, and I've really enjoyed myself. I am given great opportunities for making major strides towards my career goals, and I am busy enough to not get bored. I can take time off when I need, and I have a really supportive team and managers. These are the best benefits I've had in my career; chump change in comparison to the past. The pay is great and I work remotely. I am very content with my role and the company.

Cons

While I rarely have to deal with them, I definitely see toxic management and people at the company. I highly suggest really feeling out your hiring manager to make sure you get a good manager (I felt super comfortable with my managers while interviewing). As for the few awful non-managers I've dealt with, I've found that they're not so toxic that they'll continue after you place boundaries, so I'm happy that they're not purposefully awful people.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Jun 19, 2022 - Solution Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to work for

Cons

Sometimes the beer fridge would run low

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company atmosphere, high turnover

May 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous benefits Nice office Unlimited PTO Solid compensation Focus on work life balance Able to communicate concerns and questions with managers Supportive working environment

Cons

High turnover (super discouraging to see but I realize this is happening all over the country not just at this company)

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Employee feedback

May 31, 2022 - Senior Database Engineer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best place to work in good environment and very supportive team and Good Management .

Cons

I can strongly suggest to join with Medidata for others who are willing to work with this organization.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid This Company At All Costs -- New Folk Out of College

Jun 13, 2022 - Associate Implementation Consultant in Iselin, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the nice parts about this job are the people. I met some great friends who I can still keep in touch with to this day. The free breakfast and lunches at times were also a very nice touch. Medidata did a good job in getting their office involved in fun activities and things to do around the office. They also did have a gaming room which was great! They do a very good job in trying to show a very open and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Some of this pertains to the new hires coming out of college directly. Be warned, MANY of the reviews on this page are fake. I have direct experience coming out of the program at Medidata and this is a warning to you all that I would highly recommend you stay away from Medidata being your first job. There's a few reasons that I will explain below. Lack of growth in the position (outside of the company) - Most of the positions in this role are geared towards you becoming an expert in Medidata Rave. This is a very niche product that has limited scope outside of the pharmaceutical industry. It's a great tool but there is competition and it would not be surprising to me to see another product eventually phase this type of work out completely. If you were to leave the company, what company would take you knowing that you have an expertise only in Medidata Rave? Low Pay/Low Flexibility: - I was forced to work from home many times and still looked down upon when I did not complete work. Management takes advantage of the fact that many of these hires are coming directly out of college and take advantage of this. Out of my hiring class (all of us except 1 individual remains at the company). At the end of the day however, companies only care about 1 thing and that's actual work and profit making. The free food and activities is brought down by a lack of pay and flexibility. Due to the smaller nature of the office, your almost forced to be involved in activities even outside of office hours (of course without pay). If you don't attend these things, you'll definitely be looked at differently. In addition to this, if you get a bad showing, know that it will stick for as long as you are the company. I would say, if you want to join Medidata, do it outside of any rotation program. They will treat you differently and it shows. This is a warning.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jun 8, 2022 - ECOA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, office environment, technical development Office environment Technical development Work

Cons

Can get lost in large company

8. 5.0