Medidata Solutions Reviews

4.3
Medidata Solutions Chairman & CEO Tarek Sherif
Tarek Sherif
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can get hectic occasionally(in 18 reviews)

• "The middle management is severely incompetent, takes credit for everything that goes right and shifts the blame to someone else when things go wrong(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work. Great People. Great Products."

Current Employee - Partner Sales in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product - everything is unified platform oriented. Organizationally structured to support sales and delivery. Wise use of backoffice systems. Investment in people and technology is deep Support is second to none. IT support is best I've ever seen. Everyone helps. Management is strategic. Work hard and play hard is real. Even remote employees get together socially. Expectations are high, rewards are high.

Cons

I could nitpick, but there are no legitimate cons. The pace isn't for everyone. If you aren't a high effort person, you won't like it.

Medidata Solutions2019-08-14

September 12, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our products and company culture! Our fast paced environment directly correlates to our need to get treatments to patients as fast as possible!

2. "3 month mark at Medidata!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such a positive and encouraging atmosphere here at Medidata.

Cons

There are no cons. I am honored to work here!

Medidata Solutions2020-05-28
  3. "Favorite workplace so far"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance heavily encouraged, tons of positive feedback from management, very collaborative atmosphere, unlimited PTO, inclusive culture

Cons

None I can think of

Medidata Solutions2020-05-23

"Adapting formidably to current times"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company impressively demonstrated its ability to move forward in these uncertain times by continuing to interview via virtual/video only, replacing the typical in-person final interviews. I was interviewed, hired and on-boarded in record time. Impressive and highly-professional process. All employees (in the US) are working remotely. Safe distancing indeed.

Cons

The only drawback of the current WFH situation as a newbie is trying to establish working relationships with new colleagues solely via video/phone --- for now at least (until it's safe to return to a HQ/ office environment).

Medidata Solutions2020-04-18

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive onboarding experience and appreciate our adaptability during these unprecedented times!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Dynamic environment and dynamic teams

Cons

Sometimes the workload is more than normal

Medidata Solutions2020-04-21

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive employee experience and appreciate our culture!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture (inclusiveness, engagement, commitment - in a friendly and professional atmosphere), good benefits, flexible work environment, excellent equipment. Generally speaking, everything is done so the employees can work in great conditions, which is much appreciated.

Cons

Complex organization, not easy to understand the structure, it does take a lot of time. Not sure the job matches exactly the description I received when being interviewed - or/and my initial expectations - but maybe things will evolve with time. Want to make sure this is not a step back in my career path.

Medidata Solutions2020-04-21

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive employee experience and appreciate our culture and benefits.

"Integrity First"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for. Medidata really gets the connection between employee engagement and superior business results. Decisions were always made in a way that was sensitive to employee impact, frequently with a priority placed there.

Cons

It's fast-paced and challenging work. That's a benefit if you're looking to grow and advance in your career. But if you want to just "hang out", the dynamics of the ever-evolving business will likely run you over.

Medidata Solutions2020-04-20

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive employee experience and appreciate our culture and growth opportunities!

"Great Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training and Onboarding Colleagues Flexibility Benefits After 90 days I still feel very happy with my decision to come to Medidata. It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. We have a lot of great solutions to offer our customers, I have an awesome manager, I feel supported, and I have met many caring people willing to help me get acclimated to the role. Also, many of my colleagues have been with the company for a long time - which says a lot to me about how the company treats their employees.

Cons

There is always room for improvement at any company, but I cannot think of any cons at the moment worth mentioning that would make me feel like it was not a good decision to come work at Medidata.

Medidata Solutions2020-04-20

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

"Plenty of nice people, but low engineering standards and concerning new leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Most of the people I knew there are pleasant to work with - On many teams, it's possible to have a good work-life balance

Cons

- The company doesn't do DevOps and most teams are lucky to deploy once a month. This painfully slow cadence means each release is extremely high stakes, leading to a lot of stress and tension; it also means critical fixes and performance improvements languish for weeks or months, or until their absence prompts an emergency serious enough to bypass the normal change process - Engineering is not empowered to make decisions; this varies somewhat from team to team, but by-and-large engineering teams are expected to be order-taking -- tech debt is generally not taken seriously, which leads to fragile and unmaintainable systems, prompting embarrassing performance and stability problems. Instead of prompting self-reflection from Product leadership, this usually triggers a blame game which rolls down to engineering - New management pushed out all the good middle and some senior managers who helped build Medidata's positive culture; the new leadership is secretive and remote, and credible rumors of outsourcing abound

Medidata Solutions2020-04-27

April 30, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that the passion behind our mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people resonated with you. As a mission-driven company, it means a lot to hear that the mission was present in your day-to-day work. It sounds like there were some aspects of your experience that could have been better. Career development is important to us, so we offer a variety of live in-person and virtual on-demand resources and training opportunities for employees and people leaders. Employees are encouraged to create goals for growth and development and have multiple formal check-ins over the course of the year with their manager. We also advise all managers to have regular one-on-one meetings with their team members to stay aligned on project work deliverables. Our commitment to our clients and partners is to deliver a platform that accelerates clinical development. We use a variety of technologies and processes to do that. We are always open to ways to improve what we create and how we build it.

"Embattled by cronyism and ethics"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Supportive team - Collaborative Environment - Interesting technology and solutions - Patient and customer focused

Cons

Post acquisition by Dassault Systemes, there was a mass exodus of key talent that has left the company. They didn't leave because of the acquisition though, they all left due to the CIO that was hired, and the cronies he put in place. Just about none of the folks that were brought in from his previous establishment at JNJ are actually qualified to do the senior leadership jobs they are placed into today. That includes the CIO himself. Many long timers and folks that helped build the company were either terminated or pushed aside into minor positions to make more room to bring in people the CIO knows from JNJ, or diversity hires to meet numbers. The people he brings in don't interview with anyone, they just get hired and bypass the talent acquisition process. The integrity of the CIO is also subject. At the beginning of his tenure here he announced that he was still working at JNJ and had not actually resigned or communicated this while continuing to be employed at Medidata. Therefore, he had been given access to the office and data at both companies. Besides that, much of the technology that is developed is interesting and innovative, though doesn't entirely work well or at scale. So, a lot of the time you will spend is fighting between different teams trying to get something to work.

Medidata Solutions2020-04-23

April 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you are not having a positive employee experience. Integrity is a core value at Medidata and we take it very seriously when hiring new talent. Our CIO delayed his onboarding at Medidata in order to finish a launch at his previous employer, JNJ. He joined Medidata once he had officially resigned from his previous position. All talent goes through our talent acquisition process, though because of the nature of the industry some positions have shorter time to hire rates. We're committed to patients, clients and partners as we pursue our mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.

Found 389 reviews