Medidata Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Medidata Solutions Chairman & CEO Tarek Sherif
Tarek Sherif

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great flexibility to accommodate work-life Balance (in 22 reviews)

• Also, there is a work from home opportunity to accommodate people who have long commute by not coming to the office every day (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance; the expectation is that you are available (in 14 reviews)

• Some of the middle management being hired is a joke (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Medidata is a great company!"

Current Employee - Lead Applications Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Applications Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medidata is a great company! There are so many good things about Medidata, I would like to highlight some of them:

1. Open culture
    Medidata has a open culture to let people and teams work together and help each other. Especially, there is no cubic and offices for managers, so it is very easy to chat with them and exchange ideas with them. And, there is an very designed internal site that allows everybody ask questions and express ideas.

2. Enormous opportunities
    Medidata has a lot of interesting projects to let people have a place to use their talent and apply their knowledge. All projects are managed by following Agile methodology. Engineers have autonomy to choose the right technologies and tools. For people who like to continue grow their knowledge and skills, there are internal training courses and external training opportunities.

3. Flexible work hours
    Medidata has flexible work hours to allow people manage their own schedule based on their work style. Also, there is a work from home opportunity to accommodate people who have long commute by not coming to the office every day.

4. Life and work balance
    Medidata provides employees unlimited PTO to let people not stress themselves too much. Also, the company yearly party is awesome!

Again, Medidata is a great company and it is the best place for talent to work at!

Cons

There is no con from what I can see right now

Advice to Management

Continue the good work and maintain the culture when company is growing

2. "Exiting development work going on"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good SW development projects. Processes are still not fully formalized, sometimes it is a good thing. You get to work with very talented people.

Cons

Co ordination between various teams is not ideal. Market leader in their domain. Need to be more quick in bringing products to market.

3. "Applications Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very lenient PTO/leave policies, great work/life balance, great workplace, present and charismatic founders, friendly culture

Cons

Change can be slow, announced gift matching program but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Advice to Management

Think much harder about who you promote to positions of management.

4. "Best Company"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

benefits, work environment, flexibility, equal opportunity.

Cons

sometimes the work hours can very long.

5. "Innovative and resourceful"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does a great job onboarding new employees and ensuring the right training is put in place.

Everyone seems to have a positive attitude and helpful same-team mentality.

Management always engadeged to ensure employees are being challenged and progress rewarded.

Cons

Have not found any yet.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Working at Medidata is great, The Owners care so much about the employees and they are always thinking about them

Cons

Management can sometimes be alittle tedious at times.

"3 Months at Medidata"

Current Employee - Managing Principal - Strategic Consulting in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Managing Principal - Strategic Consulting in Remote, OR

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The New Hire Orientation was fantastic. Brought all new hires from around the world to NY. One of the Founders was present as well as the COO and other high ranking executives. My team and all others I have dealt with have been fantastic. Everyone is so helpful. I am remote and was assigned a remote buddy immediately which really helped acclimate.

Cons

Honestly none so far. The onboarding was great. Plenty of eTraining coupled with hands on. Finding additional resources has been easy. Maybe the only thing is getting used to using the Google suite of products for business.

"10 Years No Severance - IT Dept"

Former Employee - Collaboration Architect in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Collaboration Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They love technology and believe in their mission. They hold regular town hall meetings welcoming questions from all employees. Not afraid to answer difficult questions that face the industry. They have a game room.

Cons

Non-product team folks are second class citizens. Teams, like HR, IT and Facilities, end up in completely different subcultures from the rest of the organization and end up getting managed by the most incompetent yes-men (and women). I don’t think I ever saw someone from HR or Facilities in the game room. Bad at off-boarding people. Cancels access to Concur (Expense Reporting System) before canceling recurring charges on corporate card causing awkward conversations with American Express months after dismissal. No exit interviews.

Advice to Management

Don't lump the constructive criticizers with the haters. Some of us are trying to help you.

"Great and growing place to work"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Small company, fast pace, well rewarded, great and smart employees

Cons

Small company (ha), lots of pressure

"Professional Services"

Current Employee - Professional Associate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Professional Associate in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was recently hired by Medidata after I graduated college and have been very happy with my decision. Medidata is a company that values its employees as people, not just assets and does the best it can to keep them content. My friends work at big name companies and are jealous of the benefits I get. At Medidata the experience you receive is valuable and intense, which I believe is crafting me into a great employee. You feel as though you are a part of something bigger than just a 9-5 job, which draws a lot of intrinsic motivation. My coworkers say that the people that leave Medidata often end up coming back and I can see why. Work-life balance is also pretty great/ relaxed from what I've seen so far. Apparently the biannual parties in NYC are crazy fun too.

Cons

The only things I can honestly think of are IT issues, problems with video calls and logging into various company sites. Enterprise support is present in the office and takes care of these issues quickly as long as you put a ticket in.

Advice to Management

Keep going forward in this positive direction and . Definitely motivating for employees