Medidata Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Medidata Solutions Reviews

Updated June 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great flexibility to accommodate work-life Balance (in 19 reviews)

• There are growing pains of course but at least the company is growing and they still care about there employees and customers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance; the expectation is that you are available (in 14 reviews)

• Middle management is not always that good and often toxic (in 9 reviews)

"Looks Can Be Deceiving"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good policies to start off with, unlimited PTOs.

Cons

The management at Medidata is definitely not up to the mark. It hits hard on you when a technical person is managed by a non-technical person. Talent is definitely under valued at this company and they loose out on the brightest of minds.

Advice to Management

Get more technical managers to manage technical people.

"Three Years in Tech at Medidata"

Current Employee - Engineering in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Technology team and have seen a huge difference in the past year with new Tech leadership. It's always been a great company doing great things for the world, and now it's even more wonderful to work in.

Cons

Customers love us so much; demands are high on our team and can sometimes be too challenging.
    No standardized technology - it varies across products
    Work environment could be loud.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and more of it.

"Terrible!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office, game room which has Pool, PS4, Foosball, etc. Never runs out on Coffee! Overall you have to appreciate the trying to be cool attitude of everything. Work is relatively easy and has decent work-life balance.

Cons

Mid-level(non executive) Management is simply terrible. These people would not be there had it not been for how long they have managed to stay in the company. They shuffle teams around sporadically. There is weekly feedback, but don't let that fool you. You might be under the impression that you are doing great but then comes the yearly feedback, and you might be shocked. I felt like the work i was doing was boring and I have definitely lost some of my brain cells. You have to write dummy proof code so that everyone understands. I agree with one of the other reviewers that this 3+ review must have been paid for by someone. This is definitely not more than a 2. Stay away from this if you can! Unfortunately, I do like the CEO and chairman a lot and they are great.

Advice to Management

Please give your employee proper feedback and try to motivate them. Do not be zombie manager.
    And for the high level mangers, I truly advice that you look into your mid level mangers and do a shuffle, it's about time.

"Not what it was"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Jervis, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Jervis, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wide variety of projects, people on the individual contributer are good to work with. They handle agile development with geographically separated teams quite well.

Cons

Too many simultaneous projects and way too much time spent in unnecessary meetings. My biggest complaint is that after spending a whole day in meetings, I was expected to go home and do the work that didn't get done because of the meetings.

Advice to Management

I loved the company culture when I started working but by the time I left, there was absolutely no respect for work/life balance and the open door policy had gone.

"Fast-paced, challenging work"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

This is a good company to work for. It really is a place where the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. There is no shortage of challenging work, but if you're looking for a "9-5, leave work at the office" this is not for you.

Cons

As the company has grown, so has the bureaucracy and the work-streams are becoming increasingly silo-ed. It is difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance; the expectation is that you are available.

Advice to Management

Increasing communication and transparency would go a long way toward better employee engagement. Management should implement guidelines to ensure a healthy work-life balance.

"Its great place to work and work and work!!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly motivated employees
    Clear vision by C-Suite
    Still run by founders so that love and passion is still part of the culture

Cons

No work life balance, if you are not ready to work 15 hour days, don't bother applying
    Too much middle management and no real path to complete the goals set by upper management
    Many managers should not be people managers

Advice to Management

It's hard to stay motivated when you constantly ask for help and instead of hiring people who can do the work, you hire more management. Please help the people who are there working until 3am everyday and stop hiring managers who just add on to the workload.

7. "Good place for an internship"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the latest technologies being used in the company

Cons

Small company, internship conversion not guaranteed

"Past the newbie stage and still loving it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm past the honeymoon stage and I still love working here. The work/life balance is great. The benefits are wonderful. . . unlimited PTO, anyone? Senior Management actually does what they say they are going to do and they even listen to the employees and make changes based on what they hear! I didn't even think that was possible in the modern age.

Cons

The pay is good, but could be more competitive for the industry. Innovation must stay as a top priority to keep and increase our share of the market.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't lose that lovin' feeling. Help people realize that the Management culture isn't bad here and many, many other companies have horrible Management culture.

"Senior Tech Communicator"

Current Employee - Senior Tech Communicator in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Communicator in Edison, NJ

Pros

Good company. Good overall benefits. New initiatives and product launches. Exciting if you want to learn new products all the time.

Cons

very slow growth. Benefits could be better. career paths not clearly defined. Could take years to get promoted.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Processor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Processor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medidata Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, fun and friendly people to work with

Cons

I really dont have any CONs it truly is a great place to work