Medifast Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medifast CEO Daniel Chard
Daniel Chard
1 Rating

Pros
  • There is a good work-life balance here (in 15 reviews)

• Great atmosphere to work in, especially with the way we are helping people everyday (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was a bit rude and unprofessional (in 20 reviews)

• Combatting the Obesity Epidemic and improving peoples lives through weight loss is just so much smoke (in 13 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Owings, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Owings, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with good benefits

Cons

Employee turnaround. Dislike the location

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most departments in Medifast have a really nice work life balance. The organization also does a lot for employees including events, free gym, free food and learning opportunities. Over the years, the organization has changed significantly and is returning to growth mode. There is excitement about where we are going and the positive impact we can make on people's lives.

Cons

As I mentioned above, there has been a lot of change over the years and you must be able to adapt to those changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to the employees and ensure we are all moving in the same direction.

3. "Assistant Center Director"

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Saturdays you have to work

"Refreshing Corporate Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

It is great to see Leadership taking an active interest in their employees. From day one, everyone has been welcoming, wanting to get to know me, make sure I am successful and actually wanting to know where I see myself in the Company down the road. I received an accolade shortly into my active employment and it was a shock to see a VP sending me a support and thank you message.

Cons

The Consumer Division of the Company has two divisions that unfortunately do not like to share best practices. This to me, inhibits Company growth. It would be nice to see both divisions have open discussion especially in regards to campaigns and promotions.

Advice to Management

Please continue to show an active interest in your Staff. Celebrating a success in the workplace is critical if growth of the individual is to occur.

6. "adminisrative assistant"

Pros

good benefit, nice co workers

Cons

lots of work, for the pay at times you feels like you are just working to have a roof under your head

7. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medifast has a very professional, and friendly environment. Great benefits, 401k, company gym, training, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, company events (baseball games, picnics, BBQ's, Fall Festival). They always try to promote from within first before looking outside for candidates. I have felt valued and very challenged here over the last few years, and I continue to find new leadership and training opportunities. It's a great environment for anyone who wants to learn and grow.

Cons

There's a lot of great benefits to working at Medifast, but the pay is not very competitive.

Advice to Management

The company tends to change direction somewhat frequently, and suddenly. I've learned to adapt and roll with it, but I do see the toll it takes on morale and productivity at times.

8. "Great Company"

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great benefits for full-time employees (free gym, free classes, free personal training, discount on food, 4 weeks time off to start).

Cons

Upper managements should mingle more with employees.

"opportunities for career growth, great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Medifast for 2.5 years. Since that time I have rapidly assumed responsibility from my initial role and increased my compensation. I love the team I work with. There is a good work-life balance here. I'm 11 years out of college and have worked a number of different companies and this is by far the best work/life balance. When I tell people how much PTO I have (currently 4 weeks) they are amazed, since that is unusual for an American company. It makes me want to work harder because of how lucky I feel that I can take time off. I can also say that people treat each other with more respect here than I have observed at other companies - less office politics, more about getting results.

Cons

The organization is still figuring out it's approach to channel conflict - TSFL, Med Direct, Weight Control Centers, etc. I am confident it will find out a solution eventually, but these are not simple waters to navigate.

Advice to Management

Keep working to find a long-term solution to the channel conflict issues so that all divisions can grow again.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at Medifast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The structure of the company creates a great work environment and you can learn a lot about proper nutrition working here. I am pretty new but we have a lot of random fun like with contests and secret santa drawings, and although we are serious about our jobs, we do not always have to keep a serious attitude. A lot of laughter happens in the office.

Cons

Sometimes the schedule is "split" so you have four hours off in the middle of the day, but that doesn't happen very often.

Advice to Management

I don't have any. I genuinely love my boss and coworkers.

11. "Great Company!!!!"

Pros

Great benefits: a free onsite well-equipped gym with personal trainer and regular classes; free medifast products, several holiday parties, profit sharing, yearly salary increase, and a great PTO plan on the day you start the work here. The people in company are very friendly and helping. Company with great benefits and great staff. The best company I have ever worked for. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends and family.

Cons

None. The company is growing quickly. Lots of career opportunities.

Advice to Management

None