- People. There are some fantastic, multidimensional, interesting, smart people at Medio.
- Good downtown location.
- Good benefits and soft benefits: decent insurance, commute/gym/expense reimbursement, well-stocked kitchen.
- Well positioned in the market.
- No vision, leadership, or discipline at the top.
- Unclear priorities and frequent refreshes of mission.
- Some processes are inefficient.
- Senior management can be disorganized.
- No path for growth or career advancement that isn't in the job description.
- Small, communal workspaces can be noisy and distracting
- Popular flexible work from home policy is being curtailed
I worked at Medio full-time (More than a year)
The people are very smart, kind, and have a lot of energy. Lots of creative ideas and collaboration. Managers are generous and hands-off as long as you are doing your job.
Upper management often used marketing phrases instead of having a solid engineering-based description of the products and solutions we were expected to build. We never heard any bad news from the CEO, which made it hard to trust him when giving company updates.
Advice to Management
Get a solid plan and stick to it. Give employees the big picture and the whole picture - good, bad, ugly, and whatever else there is going on
I have been working at Medio full-time (More than 3 years)
Smart people going about their business.
Startup energy is distinctly missing. Old timers at company have built a culture and new people have tough time changing it.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
Good benefits. Gym, transit pass, snacks provided. Catered food provided at many meetings and bonuses given out for holidays and major milestones.
Startup environment with long hours at times. Would like to see some better communication about the state of company on a more regular basis.
Advice to Management
Better communication to employees about the state of the company. Would like to see more meetings discussing where the company is headed.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?