Meditech Reviews in Canton, MA | Glassdoor

Meditech President & CEO Howard Messing
Howard Messing
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • relatively low salary, strange retirement plan (profit sharing rather than 401K), no formal HR department (in 49 reviews)

• Low starting salary, can be small raises depending on the year, proprietary language (in 35 reviews)

"Long Term Strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Pros

Exec's are always looking long term to stabilize the company and prevent lay-offs, Stock value still strong, no debt, own all real estate, great benefits

Cons

We still act like a small company at times.

2. "A great place to start your career!"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Canton, MA

Pros

Flexibility. This is my first job out of college and I am shocked at how flexible my supervisor, manager, and director are. I am fortunate enough to have great bosses who treat me like a person, congratulate me when I do well, provide useful, constructive criticism, and realize that there is a life outside of MT.

The benefits are outstanding. 90% of health insurance is paid for and if you keep your eyes open, there are a lot of discounts you can get through the company to use for your personal life.

The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. I never dread coming into work because the people here are great. The half cubes allow you to chat with coworkers while you're working, the fountain drinks are free, the cafe food is very good, etc. There are so many little perks here that are often overlooked, but they make the experience here that much better.

Cons

I know there is a lot of fuss about the salary at MEDITECH, but when you factor in everything else the company does for you, it really isn't that bad. Health insurance is 90% paid for. You get cheap (and good) food at the cafe. If you travel, they throw you a stipend as a thanks. MEDITECH also gives away a nice holiday package, holds an annual picnic for employees, and of course, the bonus.

The only complaint I really have is having to work that extra 30 minutes at the end of the day. (The hours are 9-5:30) I don't get home until 6:30-6:45. It is a very minor gripe, though.

Advice to Management

Be flexible and ask us (the new generation coming in) for input. Technology has changed so much in the past few years, and while recent college grads obviously lack experience in the professional world, there is a lot we can suggest in order to improve the working experience here.

3. "Great Place for a Career"

Current Employee - Code Monkey in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Code Monkey in Canton, MA

Pros

Meditech only promotes from within, giving all employees multiple advancement opportunities. The corporate culture supports keeping work balanced with family life. Almost all programming is done using their own languages. For those interested it presents the chance to work on the OS and tools not available elsewhere.

Benefits are designed to reward long term employees, not those already looking to hop to another job.

Meditech is very stable and has never had a layoff. The company maintains profitability even during economic downturns, ensure the security of your job.

Cons

Having to work with alot of entry level employees. Quality of newly promoted supervisors varies widely.

Advice to Management

Allow stock purchases by newer employees earlier. A new building in Florida would be a good thing.