Medix Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Executive

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Limouris

Pros
  • Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership (in 12 reviews)

• The company truly lives by its core values and wants its employees to succeed and be happy (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • In addition to the low compensation, they expect you to work insanely long hours (in 25 reviews)

• You were required to be in the office at 7:30 and couldn't leave until 6:00pm - very difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

"Culture, Opportunity, Leadership"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was at Medix for a little over three years and spent time in two offices (HQ in Chicago and a Satellite office), and spent time on both the recruiting and sales side. Medix taught me a lot (being a professional, business/sales cycles, how to manage with/without authority) and it also gave me a chance to have my work ethic pay off directly into my trajectory and my compensation.

Leadership, from the CEO on down, doesn't just talk about creating opportunity for their employees - they mean it. I never thought I'd have personal relationships with the executive team of my first job out of college, but it did. Especially moving from a big office to a small one, the company is connected between offices due to Annual Meetings, Training, and Off-Sites so I felt like I always had someone to turn to.

The job is 100% a grind - and if you know that and don't expect success to be handed to you, then you will do great. The organization is full of young and bright people who are teaching the next wave. Expect to be at work longer than (most of) your friends; expect to get close with your colleagues - but expect that it also all pays off.

Most importantly - core values. Every company has them, Medix lives them. I'm dead serious... test it. When you're talking to anyone, at any level - ask them the core values and ask them to give you an example. If you're in person, watch how much their eyes light up. Medix is full of genuinely good people that care about their core values.

Cons

There is a disparity between the effectiveness of leaders in the company at all levels. If as an entry level recruiter you get a top-notch Account Manager, you are going to see a quick rise directly related to 1) your work ethic and 2) your ability to learn. If you run into a bad Account Manager, this can be tough.

This is a 'big picture' company. There is a lot of room to grow, evolve and move up the food chain - but it takes some time. It can be hard to see the big picture in the small offices, so make sure to connect with leadership on their quarterly visits as well as via email/phone as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Continue down the trend of training and developing your leaders starting at the recruiting/account manager level. Keep up the innovation culture and stay ahead of the staffing curve. Medix has some amazing people at all levels - utilize them to their full potential.

Aug 17, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, creating opportunity and our core values are the heart of Medix, and we’re happy you touched on them. We passed your review on to our leadership team to help ensure ... More

"Great Place to Grow!"

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunity for growth very quickly (you can get promoted into a Sales or Professional Recruiter role within a year as long as you're producing results)
    - Can make alot of money once you are promoted (you can double your salary in 2-3 years)
    - Young and fun culture! I love all the people I work with and they really are like family to me
    - You are given free reign to grow your business the way you want in Sales
    - If you're producing results, management will invest in your professional growth
    - Medix has strong values and it stands for more than just making money....ability to impact lives
    - After your 12 weeks you get a partial gym allowance and if you get promoted into sales, you get a car and phone allowance as well

Cons

-You're not going to make a ton of money your first 1-2 years whether that's in Sales or Recruiting but if you're willing to stick it out, you'll start seeing the money come in after that
    -The only role that you can really go into after Sales is running an office so if you don't want to do that, you're somewhat stuck
    -Not an 8-5 job...if you want to be successful you have to be willing to come in early & stay late**

Advice to Management

- Invest in new salespeople & develop a better training program so they're prepared when they get into that role (I think they are slowly moving towards this)
    - Develop a better compensation model for recruiters starting out

Jun 2, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this insight! We’re glad to hear you appreciate Medix’s growth opportunities. We passed on your review to leadership, so your suggestions are heard and Medix will continue to ... More

"Great opportunity for those looking to build long-term wealth/career growth."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get back what you put into it. There is no such thing as overnight success, but if you are consistent with your attitude and work ethic, the money will definitely follow as well as career advancement.

Cons

Longer hours due to client needs and the want to be successful, but a lot of flexibility if you communicate with your manager.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in professional development. I've seen many improvements throughout my tenure and it's only getting better as the company matures.

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and insight into the benefits of hard work. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective! We will be sharing your response with leadership.

"Good Experience - hard work, great opportunity & culture."

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are awesome. Company culture and values are something everyone lives by - Impacting Lives isnt just a motto but something that people truly care about. If you want sales - then the growth and earning potential is exponential. Great time to get into a growing company and develop leadership opportunity early in career.

Cons

Hard work - cant be afraid to put in long hours to see success. Must be able to deal with "ups" and "downs" as the industry can be challenging. Salary could be better for young sales people.

"great company, didn't work out for me in the long run"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

worked for over two years at Medix when they were just opening in Minnesota. really enjoyed my time there and the office grew a ton, leadership was great in and out of the office, really supportive, will do almost anything to help you succeed. It really is a "got your back" atmosphere, positive environment, great team building activities

Cons

long hours, metrics driven activity can feel way over the top, work life balance can be a problem sometimes, especially when you're making less money than some of your contractors, even though it's considered a sales position. flexibility isn't the best, not an easy industry to make money right away

Advice to Management

raise the base salary, even if it's just a little bit. Make sales base higher as well. It was crazy how I felt like I was making less money in sales than when I was a recruiter.

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive work environment - I enjoy all of my colleagues and leadership. The options for advancement are endless and earning potential is there.

Cons

Hours can be challenging at times. Even with the "Medix fit" program it is frowned upon to leave early and if you do leave before most you end up feeling guilty so you stay and stare at your computer.

Advice to Management

Listen to the folks in the field more from a day to day duties/responsibilities. Continue to be sure we are in line with the industry (in regards to compensation/commission structures).

"Great place to grow! Amazing coworkers"

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Office Culture is young and everyone around you is having fun
    - Leaders genuinely want to help you out
    - Going to work is fun! Everyday is something different
    - Lots of fun outings, and get a team atmosphere
    - Helping people find jobs is the most rewarding experience

Cons

- With a company policy of wanting to impact lives, pay your employees better to actually impact their lives
    - Maybe put people through management training, not just sales training

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It completely depends on the office leader that you have in order to make a great work experience. Should you be so lucky to have a supportive manager then the job can be somewhat fun.

-If you manage to win any part of the quarterly or annual contests then you are recognized significantly.

Cons

-Unfortunately for Medix, it is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Many things are promised while few of those promises are kept. It is really disappointing because senior leadership does promote innovative ideas and thinking but you must be comfortable challenging the norm and understanding that it may not always be well received.

-The pay is dismal mostly because the salary is below industry standard and the tiered commission system makes it challenging to see significant impact to your paycheck. It seriously takes about double the time to make what is promised.

-Senior leadership is basically given free reign and not held to any sort of accountability standards. They constantly promote the "old boys club" environment, unless you are a lifer do not expect to be taken care of.

-Turnover is extremely high due to lack of focus from sales managers and unrealistic metrics expectations.

-If you want to know what working for this company is like watch the Boiler Room.

Advice to Management

-Recognize that the nationwide turnover issues are not always the fault of the talent that you hire but the lack of management strategies that you have.

-Be more honest with your employees and understand that they are part of what help to make the organization successful.

"Working for Medix has been nothing but a positive experience!"

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are several things about Medix that make it a great place to work. It is very much a family oriented environment, anytime you ever need anything whether it be guidence, support, what the next step should be there is always someone to talk to. There is extreme growth potential within the company and a lot different career paths to take. They have recently changed incentive/salary plans that make the hard work all the more worth while. Overall I have loved my time working for Medix.

Cons

The hours can get to be a bit long. The staffing industry is certainly a grind and I'm not sure if there is anyway Medix could change that in order to be a strong competitor.

"Medix gives you the opportunity to be successful"

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the reasons I started working at Medix is the opportunity to make money and career advancement. You have the chance to enter into a management role in a short period of time. Another great thing about working at Medix is the Culture. It is a very fast paced, competitive and fun place work. The leadership team cares about each individual employee’s success. If you are willing to put in the work it will pay off in the long run. Keep in mind the “long run” at Medix is about 2-3 years, tops.

Cons

Many people dislike the amount of work it takes to be successful at Medix. It is a sales oriented company so the more you put into it the more you get out. The staffing industry in general can be difficult to work in; there are a lot of ups and downs.