Medix Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Andrew Limouris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership (in 12 reviews)

• They have strong core values and do want to contribute to the community (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • for long hours I would be expecting better pay (in 27 reviews)

• You were required to be in the office at 7:30 and couldn't leave until 6:00pm - very difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

"Medix"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership and visions for the future. Awesome people

Cons

It is a constant grind

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

"Corporate office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers, awesome company outings, birthdays and anniversary celebrations almost every week, CEO truly stands behind creating an impact on others and giving back to the community.

Cons

Unfortunately, Medix lacks in several areas. Men seem to get promoted and recognized more than female coworkers. Medix lacks diversity, with most of their internal employees being white males. People are not always upfront with problems/concerns they have with other coworkers, even for just the small issues. Recruiters and Account Managers can be a hit or miss on their quality of work - some actually care about making a positive impact, others are just worried about money and could care less about anyone, but themselves. Also, I found out that one of the companies that Medix finds outsourced work for tests on animals - this is 100% not ok in my book. Wish I would've known what companies they worked with before I accepted an offer.

Advice to Management

Push for more diversity and give hard working women the recognition they deserve. Keep an eye on your Account Managers and Recruiters. Make sure they are picking the best companies/outsourced employees to represent Medix as a whole. Stop working with companies that treat outsourced employees unfairly.

Jul 10, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Medix is committed to building opportunities for development and advancement for all employees, and your review will be shared with our leadership team.

"Run fast!"

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team enjoys working with one another and our customers.

Cons

CEO needs to step down and hire someone who knows how to run a company. Customer appreciation is going down and complaints are going up as our products and service are squeezed of life.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your hard working employees such as myself. Be open to feedback and manage your facial expressions and body language, you embarrass everyone on the team when you're in front of our customers. Dress appropriately for the workplace; Flip Flops do not belong in the office. Step up your game - Karma will come back to bite you! - K. ALSIP

Jul 10, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Your feedback has been shared with our leadership team.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medix (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing growth opportunity. Medix provides excellent training and tools to move your career in directions you didn't think you were capable of going.

Cons

The only con I can think of can be spun into a positive. Medix is growing like crazy which provides a lot of opportunity for upward movement. As a result, there is a lot of internal movement and transition.

Apr 25, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience as a part of the Medix team!

"Healthcare Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and company culture. I stayed as long as I did because of the people I worked with.

Cons

A lot of the time, you're treated more like a number than an employee. It's a production based role, and if you're not producing like they need you to, there's not very much remorse.

Advice to Management

There needs to be legitimate training here. Some people naturally have the management bone in their body, but others do not. My manager at the time was terrible and needs a lot of work.

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback, and will be sharing this response with our leadership team.

"They provide you with the building blocks to be a great business professional"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medix gives you all of the tools to be successful between a great new hire training program, being mentored by those around you who have seen success and having leaders that really do care about you. If you are struggling they will sit with you to figure out what you need to do to improve and will commit to helping you along the way.

There are a lot of complaints about long hours but in order to be successful in this industry, you have to work long hours because if you aren't there are about 1,000 other firms that are.

The company clearly cares about its employees and actually listens to their ways to improve the organization as a whole.

One thing that you will definitely be exposed to is the right way to handle yourself as a business professional and that will have an impact on you for the rest of your career.

Cons

Would love to see a little bit more love for division outside of Healthcare. Obviously, the business was built off their healthcare division so it makes sense but there are good people in the other division that would benefit from leadership being more involved.

It'd also be nice to see those high produces moving into newer roles to spread the wealth of the long term clients. It's amazing how big of an impact your "triangle" placement can have on your career. If you get placed with an AM that manages one of the big dog accounts then your career is pretty much set.

If you are placed in one of the growing divisions....good luck.

Advice to Management

Continue caring about your employees! The culture built at Medix is amazing

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experiences! Hard work and continued education are definitely the cornerstones of sustained success in the staffing industry. Your feedback about equally championing all... More

"Team sets themselves apart."

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. People really do care about helping others find work. Make good money if you're good. Owner and managers care about employees and their success. Happy hour. Company parties.

Cons

Can be clicky- depends on what team you land on. Make sure you actually can connect with people in the pit before you start, it sucks if you can't stand to hear the voice of the other person. Metrics. They will be pounded into you once you get the hang of it. More metrics. Be prepared to get criticism and more. Not your 40 hr job. You will put in a min of 50 hrs but will require more.

Advice to Management

I've never been a fan of the whole "my ish don't stink". Be personable- we get the title you have.

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

8. "Core values and opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Medix (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture, very open
    - Low turnover
    - People there truly want to develop you
    - Lots of one-on-one attention and you never have to guess where you stand
    - Strong core values that are discussed regularly and they truly hire and fire by them (even if you're bringing in a ton of money)

Cons

- Hours are long (7:30-6)
    - In staffing we should try to overturn some of the cliches and we could be better about making an effort to by not saying, "Well, that's staffing"

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for detailing your time as a part of the Medix team! We are committed to our core values, but strive to stand out in a demanding industry. Your feedback will be shared with our leadership... More

"Case Coordinator (RN)"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager in Joliet, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, but that is the only advantage to the company

Cons

Nasty and unreliable staff. Low balling pay while they [MEDIX] collects astronomical rates on temp employee's behalf.

Advice to Management

Strongly advocates that an individual leaves a full-time permanent job for a temp position with no benefits. And, then accepts same individual being fired after ONLY one (1) week of training in an overall 6 week training process. I was being kind with the one star rating. My actual rating is ZERO! This company is a farce!!

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We’re sorry that you had a negative employment experience, and we’d like to get in touch to see what can be done to resolve any outstanding issues. If you would like to talk through the issue in more... More

10. "Great first job out of college."

Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Autonomy
    - Great company in terms of culture. Really fun and the people you work with are the best part.
    - If you are good you can make good money.

Cons

- Metrics, metrics, metrics, metrics, metrics and metrics.
    - Leadership is figuring out how to run a company. They are constantly learning at the cost of the employee expense.
    - The job itself has a ton of ups and downs. Very unstable.

Advice to Management

Learn to run a company and manage employees.

Apr 5, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Your suggestions will be provided to our leadership team for consideration.