Medix Reviews | Glassdoor

Medix Reviews

Updated July 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership (in 12 reviews)

• They have strong core values and do want to contribute to the community (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • for long hours I would be expecting better pay (in 27 reviews)

• You were required to be in the office at 7:30 and couldn't leave until 6:00pm - very difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. "An amazing experience of learning."

Pros

The ability to connect with all types of people and help them get the experience they deserve and need. People want and need encouragement and praise.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. It has been an overwhelming time in my life. Learned so many life experiences that definitely changed me to be a better business person

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to always praise the employees when they have hit their target goal. Remember, you were once in this position so respect is huge.

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate you sharing your story! Thank you for this feedback, and we will be sure to continue to find ways to recognize our internal employees and talent in the field.

"They provide you with the building blocks to be a great business professional"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medix gives you all of the tools to be successful between a great new hire training program, being mentored by those around you who have seen success and having leaders that really do care about you. If you are struggling they will sit with you to figure out what you need to do to improve and will commit to helping you along the way.

There are a lot of complaints about long hours but in order to be successful in this industry, you have to work long hours because if you aren't there are about 1,000 other firms that are.

The company clearly cares about its employees and actually listens to their ways to improve the organization as a whole.

One thing that you will definitely be exposed to is the right way to handle yourself as a business professional and that will have an impact on you for the rest of your career.

Cons

Would love to see a little bit more love for division outside of Healthcare. Obviously, the business was built off their healthcare division so it makes sense but there are good people in the other division that would benefit from leadership being more involved.

It'd also be nice to see those high produces moving into newer roles to spread the wealth of the long term clients. It's amazing how big of an impact your "triangle" placement can have on your career. If you get placed with an AM that manages one of the big dog accounts then your career is pretty much set.

If you are placed in one of the growing divisions....good luck.

Advice to Management

Continue caring about your employees! The culture built at Medix is amazing

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experiences! Hard work and continued education are definitely the cornerstones of sustained success in the staffing industry. Your feedback about equally championing all... More

"Team sets themselves apart."

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. People really do care about helping others find work. Make good money if you're good. Owner and managers care about employees and their success. Happy hour. Company parties.

Cons

Can be clicky- depends on what team you land on. Make sure you actually can connect with people in the pit before you start, it sucks if you can't stand to hear the voice of the other person. Metrics. They will be pounded into you once you get the hang of it. More metrics. Be prepared to get criticism and more. Not your 40 hr job. You will put in a min of 50 hrs but will require more.

Advice to Management

I've never been a fan of the whole "my ish don't stink". Be personable- we get the title you have.

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

4. "Core values and opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Medix (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture, very open
    - Low turnover
    - People there truly want to develop you
    - Lots of one-on-one attention and you never have to guess where you stand
    - Strong core values that are discussed regularly and they truly hire and fire by them (even if you're bringing in a ton of money)

Cons

- Hours are long (7:30-6)
    - In staffing we should try to overturn some of the cliches and we could be better about making an effort to by not saying, "Well, that's staffing"

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for detailing your time as a part of the Medix team! We are committed to our core values, but strive to stand out in a demanding industry. Your feedback will be shared with our leadership... More

"Case Coordinator (RN)"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager in Joliet, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, but that is the only advantage to the company

Cons

Nasty and unreliable staff. Low balling pay while they [MEDIX] collects astronomical rates on temp employee's behalf.

Advice to Management

Strongly advocates that an individual leaves a full-time permanent job for a temp position with no benefits. And, then accepts same individual being fired after ONLY one (1) week of training in an overall 6 week training process. I was being kind with the one star rating. My actual rating is ZERO! This company is a farce!!

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We’re sorry that you had a negative employment experience, and we’d like to get in touch to see what can be done to resolve any outstanding issues. If you would like to talk through the issue in more... More

6. "Medix IT Contractor Review"

I have been working at Medix full-time

Pros

Attempts to find permanent employment for contractors, recruiters were helpful at first

Cons

Lack of communication, the recruiters are overworked and don't have time to respond to questions and concerns, pay is lower than market value for many positions

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review. As concise communication and competitive pay are very important to our team, your feedback will be shared with our leadership team.

7. "Great first job out of college."

Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Autonomy
    - Great company in terms of culture. Really fun and the people you work with are the best part.
    - If you are good you can make good money.

Cons

- Metrics, metrics, metrics, metrics, metrics and metrics.
    - Leadership is figuring out how to run a company. They are constantly learning at the cost of the employee expense.
    - The job itself has a ton of ups and downs. Very unstable.

Advice to Management

Learn to run a company and manage employees.

Apr 5, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Your suggestions will be provided to our leadership team for consideration.

"Just a job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, RI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, RI

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always got paid on time

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits and not the greatest recruiter

Apr 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience as a part of the Medix team! We're always working to keep our compensation and benefits competitive with industry standards.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Plano, TX

I worked at Medix (More than a year)

Pros

They helped me land my first job here in Dallas.

Cons

it was a contracted assignment which ended in 18 months

Mar 27, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

10. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Medix (More than a year)

Pros

Money can be good if you are willing to grind, great culture

Cons

Favoritism is real. Goals change nonstop, no consistency.

Advice to Management

Make a path to promotion easier, or atleast more clear.

Mar 21, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience with Medix! Your feedback will be shared with our leadership team.