Medpace Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle

Pros
  • Great perks like free lunch (mostly salad), free fitness classes, on-site gym, flex time, casual dress (in 39 reviews)

• The company has a good work life balance and both upper management and line management are very approachable and understanding of personal issues (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't care about employees (in 13 reviews)

• Some managers micromanage, and wages are not always industry standard (in 9 reviews)

"Circus of Sad Clowns..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free salad. Casual dress code. A few good co-workers to share in your misery.

Cons

Unprofessional environment is being kind. The best and the brightest leave at the first opportunity once they realize they've been deceived. Pathetically underpaid for the amount of work heaped upon you...with little training I must add. The health insurance is sky high, and raises and bonus's are minuscule. Accountability is not in anyone's vocabulary, considering everyone blames the other departments. Nepotism is rampant, and the disrespect I encountered on a daily basis is surreal. Overall it is filled with incompetent, narrow minded, culturally insensitive people that are devoid of any form of understanding of what it means to work together and strive for one goal. That goal being to work their hardest together to improve the lives of the patients.

Advice to Management

It all falls on deaf ears...good luck.

"Medpace CRA"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Great training program and many young professionals.

Cons

Medpace continues to hire new CRAs while their current CRAs sit at their desks for months waiting to be assigned a study. If you are someone who likes to sit at a desk day after day while trying to find things to do to fill your time (management suggests going back through training because they have nothing else to preoccupy you), then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and start utilizing the employees you have already hired and invested training into. When I started here Medpace had a 4 star rating on Glassdoor, now they have 2.5.

"Unprofessional HR Support"

Current Employee - Finance in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Finance in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Manipulation, gossip, liberal environment, low pay, outrageously expensive benefits, HR group is a joke (it's a bunch of fresh young kids right out of college, who arent knowledgeable.

Advice to Management

Who am I supposed to talk to if my manager refers me to HR, and then my HR guy doesn't even know what he's talking about? Odd.

"Project Manager"

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

I cannot think of any. The morale and the working climate are so oppressive-its immediately palpable on the first day! Don't take a job there. They are hiring so many people so fast and people are quitting and getting fired so fast!

Cons

The leadership are only interested in themselves. They will say absolutely anything to a potential customer/sponsor to get business. They routinely take on projects they have no expertise in just to make a profit. They do not have the software resources necessary to execute projects properly. My department used third party, free software from the internet to produce data for some of the projects. All of this is carefully covered so as not to be discovered on an audit.

Advice to Management

Stop destroying careers.

"Be cautious"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An opportunity to be trained for a CRO career.

Cons

15 people quit from the Dallas office in the month of February 2017, beware of applying to this company

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

"Watch your back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, free lunch (for now)

Cons

Watch your back here- the company apparently feels no loyalty to employees. After several years of good performance reviews, I was fired ("for performance issues") with zero warning and zero explanation!

In addition, they are hiring a ton of people, to the point where they're running out of desks, and parking is an absolute nightmare unless you get there before 8:00am.

They also prefer to give bonuses rather than raises, but some years bonuses just aren't paid out. In years that they are, members of a given team are in direct competition with one another for bonuses.

"Things haven't changed...worse"

Former Employee - Preferred Emlye in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Preferred Emlye in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free lunch, "use to be" bonuses, great X-mas parties, nice break room.

Cons

Fire too much, atrocious management, incompetence abound, cover-ups of relevant issues to keep sponsors happy, CEO views employees as invaluable and feels there's always someone else waiting to be hired, preferably at a low cost. Therefore turnover is high, the HR department is a joke and favoritism is the norm. It's no Google, Facebook or Apple, even though they try to make it appear they are as progressive. If you've made it there 10 years, all twelve of you pat yourselves on the back.

Advice to Management

Train employees better, quit the favoritism, stop the micromanagement and focus on retention. Oh, and pay your employees for their good work!

"Where do I start..."

Former Employee - Clinical Study Associate in Blaine, MN
    Former Employee - Clinical Study Associate in Blaine, MN

I worked at Medpace (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Flexible hours. Nice place to get your foot in the door.

Cons

There is very little incentive to stay at this place of work. The existing, light-hearted culture I once knew quickly became shrouded in the harsh reality that no matter how many hours I put in, no matter how much I worked, I would not be recognized, promoted, or compensated fairly. I tried to talk to management directly about my concerns, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt every. single. time. I kept sane by telling myself I could still be proud of the work I put out.

For this work, what was I met with? - Disappointment. 1.4% yearly raise? Cool. A 50$ bonus? Oh you have me sold! I wasn't taken seriously until I was already out the door.

Medpace Medical Device is quickly gaining a bad reputation in the Twin Cities area, and I have a hard time feeling bad for them over it. Too many people have been left out to dry.

I've since moved to a company who respects my wishes to grow, my determination to succeed, and my drive make this world a better place. I now know what it's like to work in an environment that appreciates me through and through. I honestly didn't think this was possible, as I was so disenfranchised upon leaving Medpace.

Unless you are desperate for experience, I'd say it would be wise to avoid Medpace as your place of work.

Advice to Management

You can have as many meetings as you want to listen to your employees, but people notice when things don't get done. Their concerns are valid, and must be addressed. Period.

"CSA"

Former Employee - Clinical Study Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Clinical Study Associate in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Medpace (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, casual attire

Cons

I was at Medpace for a year. By far the worst company I have worked for. There is no opportunity for growth, management is horrible, staff turnover ratio is high, CSA's are underpaid, and they give you vacation time, that you haven't "technically" accrued. Management rejects promotions.

"CRA"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate I in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate I in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, free drinks, good benefits (health, dental, life), new facilities, flexible work hours, other CRAs are friendly, company technology provided

Cons

All employees are disposable, they fire at least 3 CRAs every few weeks with no notice or reason given. They over-hire and then cut the new hire group down by at least 50%. Upper management claim there is an open door policy, however I was only ever able to meet with my manager 50% of the scheduled times we had. I would meet with my manager so that I could ask questions about the projects we were assigned to, and my questions would be answered with conflicting answers. It seemed like they were trying to update a lot of information regarding training, however they mixed old and new policies and it was never clear which policy we were to enforce in trials.

Advice to Management

Hire more CRA managers so that the managers have more time to actually manage their groups. Have more of an open door atmosphere.