Medpace Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle

Pros
  • Free lunch every day is always a plus, management is sensitive to personal issues (in 43 reviews)

• The company has a good work life balance and both upper management and line management are very approachable and understanding of personal issues (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not value newer employees or those lower on the totem pole (in 12 reviews)

• Very demanding; work life balance not appreciated (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Data Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Data Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great perks like free lunch (mostly salad), free fitness classes, on-site gym, flex time, casual dress. Company is working on standardizing training as they grow quickly. Can advance quickly if you put the work in.

Cons

Atmosphere depends greatly on your supervisor. Some managers are not great people supervisors and need more training. Benefits are a bit expensive.

"A genuinely employee-centered company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

Cons

I can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

"Great company to work for in Cincinnati"

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Cons

you work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

Advice to Management

nothing, can not complain!

"Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!"

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

Cons

I know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

"Fun place to work with excellent co-worker support"

I have been working at Medpace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Experts from all sides always available, devoted managers who work to ensure your success as a CRA, lower than industry-standard expected days on site per month, integrated and user-friendly systems including CTMS, efficient and progressive processes that evolve as does the industry

Cons

As managers we can work on further recognizing our outstanding and loyal employees - there are many!

"Great company for strong individuals"

I have been working at Medpace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly, casual workplace. Company is dedicated to maintaining strong employees. Therefore, co-workers are dedicated and knowledgeable. Free lunch and company gym. Hires entry level employment, encourages promotion and employee growth.

Cons

If you are looking for a job where someone is there to hold your hand or give you special training, this is not the ideal environment for you. You should be motivated and display a good work ethic in order to succeed. This is a "pro" advantage to individuals of the right caliber.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower and reward hard-working employees. Maintain effective communication in order to achieve uniformity.

"Not just a job, but a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medpace is very good at recognizing talent. If you work hard, it will be noticed and promotion/advancement opportunities will be knocking at your door. It is great to be part of the Medpace culture where employees are extremely hard-working, professional, communicative, team focused, and well respected by upper management.

Cons

Opportunity to telecommute would be a plus.

Advice to Management

The standardized evaluations/reviews in place provide an excellent opportunity for timely performance feedback - thank you!

9. "Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medpace treats their employees very well. I get to wear comfortable clothes to work. Free lunch everyday and a complimentary on - site fitness center. The work is also challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Health insurance could be better.

10. "love"

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Love the time off, benefits, and compensation. They treat each employee as a valued asset.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

11. "Medpace- Software engineer Co-Op"

Pros

Great company culture and opportunities to learn as a full-stack developer

Cons

Difficult learning curve with internal processes