Medpace Reviews | Glassdoor

Medpace Reviews

Updated January 20, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday and a complimentary on - site fitness center (in 55 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good work/life balance and a positive atmosphere (in 9 reviews)

Cons

"Be Very Aware of This Company"

Former Employee - CRA
    Former Employee - CRA

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure for non-clinical associates to be exposed to the industry....However the cons outweigh this benefit.
    Nice co-workers who enjoy what they do

Cons

This company is very crafty at "low-balling" all clinical associates in this industry. The company is always hiring because they are always firing. The reason they train is because they want to start individuals at a low salary so that they don't have to pay you the standard salary in the CRO industry for clinical associates. Once a person with the company gets close to standard pay in the industry, they fire them and give their studies to the underpaid associates, the companies cunning business trick to overwork and underpay hard working individuals in this industry and not have to pay employees their worth. If you are a CRA with current exposure to the industry work for another CRO instead of Medpace so you can get paid the standard salary in this industry and have a stable job and work life balance. If you do have to work for this company in order to gain exposure into the clinical market make sure to proceed with as much precaution as possible. Work smart every single day and have copies of everything important in regards to your employment or anything that you sign so that when they low-ball you, you can protect yourself. I wouldn't advise working with this company for more than a year or 2 at most, the company seems like they are in financial trouble. they are constantly looking for someone to buy them and there are always so many CRAs without any studies waiting for assignment. Medpace would be a better company if they would fix their training program, treat employees valuable in all respects especially employees that are located outside of headquarters location. I understand that all companies have their issues and are not perfect but in comparison to other CRO'S Medpace does not compare at all. Switching companies was the best decision I've made thus far. Overall be smart and proceed with caution if you do decide to work for this company hopefully don't ignore the warnings and work smart.

"Clinical Research Associates Beware!"

Former Employee - CMA in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - CMA in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Free Lunch, that is about all...and they have food trucks once a week. The building is colorful.

Cons

Management
    Training- Or lack there of
    Everything about this place. It's kind of like starting Highschool all over again. Simply avoid this place. They let people go for no reason, no warning, no nothing. A lot of times before their yearly bonus is due or before training is complete.

Advice to Management

Ask yourself do you want quality employees or ones that you can train as puppets? Make decisions for your team and not let upper management that has never met the employees make the call. You should know your team, don't let others dictate who is good and who is not...Word of advice you have let go of a lot of talented people for the "Puppets"...Who doesn't like employees who ask a lot of questions.

"Greed shall be name of the company"

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will take onboard not experienced people, as such workforce is cheaper and easier to recruit.

Cons

The philosophy of owner is to maximize profits and the only way to do it is to get as much as he can from people. No ethics, no respect, only money that counts.
    There is also a large bunch of friends employeed. If you become one of them good for you but it can shift fast as winds are changing all the time. They love changing people and fire a lot. Turnover is huge due to high workload itself, Do not count on promotions, bonuses are low.

Advice to Management

Nothing. They will never change. Unfortunately with this economy and market situation they can work like that for years, until market changes and they are wiped off.

"Non-compete"

Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally the people who work there, are good people trying to do well.

Cons

The non-compete completely derailed my career.

Advice to Management

Ditch the non-compete

"Not professional"

Pros

Nice building of Medpace in Cincinnati ohio

Cons

Too much work overload, no life -work balance. Too much travel

"Not Worth the Free Lunch"

Current Employee - Clinical Operations Administrative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations Administrative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay you.
    There is a gym.
    They feed you a salad every day from a lunchroom that is not inspected by the health department.

Cons

Management does not support you, does not follow their own SOPs.

Training is: sign-off, you-figure-it-out, don't ask questions.

Cliques abound, and there is adversarial hording of power and information at all levels. People and even departments get caught between management feuds.

And they think a free lunch makes up for all of this. Surprise -- the budget for that salad bar day after day is $2 per person PER WEEK. Can you guess how great that is? It really helps management most because it keeps the worker bees in the office and more productive.

Advice to Management

Training should focus on real training (more than just getting everyone to sign-off), and drop everything else.
    Encourage communication and seek out ideas for improvement instead of shutting everyone down. If we work for you, don't we owe you our best? Doesn't that include our ideas?

"don't even waste your time even with application"

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

So far I have not seen anything good except for a very disorganized management for this company.

Cons

This company is very dishonest. They don't even honestly review people's application. They just come and collect resumes. It would post jobs M people would send in CV but they would just automatically trash it. There's no professionalism very misleading in racially biased company. Don't even waste your time.

Advice to Management

It's time for this company to restructure their agenda and be honest and transparent to applicants and their employees.

"DO NOT WORK HERE- ALL EMPTY PROMISES"

Former Employee - Lab in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Lab in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

-Free Gym
    - Free lunch (mediocre salad bar)
    - Free drink machines all over the facility
    -nice co-workers
    -pretty good salary if you are a bachelors graduate (however you pay loads for insurance)
    - promotion after a year of working there

Cons

- Horrible management- you will have a project coordinator, manager, direct supervisor and then HR
    - HORRIBLE BENEFITS (INSURANCE IS CRAZY EXPENSIVE)
    -Extremely Terrible HR
    - supervisors are nice but they don't standup for their employees when approached by HR
    - Medpace hires mainly young adults (between the ages 21-26) and dupes them by saying things that any young adult would want to hear; like free lunch, free gym and smooth scheduling. However what they don't tell you is that they are not willing to truly work with your schedule. I have seen people get fired over the most pettiest of things that HR just did not want to take care of.
    - The HR team is ruthless, condescending and just fire people rather than work around it.
    -I have seen employees get fired for just trying to reach out to HR. Its not they are competitive or cut throat they just don't want to deal with the problems.

- only take an offer if you will be in HR, IT, statistical analyzing or management

Advice to Management

It is really sad to see all the hard work that August Troendle put into this company go to waste. This company has a great mission in place but HR prevents it from reaching the goals needed for the company to succeed. August has stated that the company is not based on how much money they make but rather on the quality of their work and research that they provide for their clients and partners. I beg to differ with that because all they care about is making sure that the company is making a bunch of money on the expense of employee's fears and understaffed hardwork.

Get it together Mepace and August.

"Decent Beginner's Experience"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch, gym, good use of technology. Lower-level people wonderful to work with.

Cons

Upper management condescending. Not willing to seek process improvement, or to use constructive criticism. HR will not remove toxic employees with long tenure, even if they are demeaning, unprofessional and inadequate at their job. Do not invest in current employees, salary is laughable unless you're a medical director.

Advice to Management

Grow your people through the company. If management is resistant to change, change management. Trust the lower-level employees' feedback, and act on promises. Level the playing field in regards to salary; an employee with two degrees should be able to make more than minimum wage.

"CRA"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate I in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate I in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, free drinks, good benefits (health, dental, life), new facilities, flexible work hours, other CRAs are friendly, company technology provided

Cons

All employees are disposable, they fire at least 3 CRAs every few weeks with no notice or reason given. They over-hire and then cut the new hire group down by at least 50%. Upper management claim there is an open door policy, however I was only ever able to meet with my manager 50% of the scheduled times we had. I would meet with my manager so that I could ask questions about the projects we were assigned to, and my questions would be answered with conflicting answers. It seemed like they were trying to update a lot of information regarding training, however they mixed old and new policies and it was never clear which policy we were to enforce in trials.

Advice to Management

Hire more CRA managers so that the managers have more time to actually manage their groups. Have more of an open door atmosphere.