Medra Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Something Special"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I certainly can't put a price tag on the knowledge and experience I've gained working at Medra. It's invaluable because not many companies will take the time to train, coach and build relationships with their people the way this company does. Everything I learned and the experience I gained is beyond what I thought when I started. There's a certain something about this place that makes you want to be a better person and really strive to do your best. They work with the best clients and the support is there when you need it the most. Ashley, the CEO, is a very down to earth person who wouldn't bat an eye at helping someone from entry level to management. Also, the open door policy/the ability to communicate with the actual owner of the company, is something most companies don't offer. Anyone would be incredibly lucky to find themselves in a culture like this.

Cons

Cons sound so bad. If you're allergic to hard work then you probably need not apply. On the other hand if you can stomach the ability to work hard, make money and build relationships with some really cool people then you might be an asset to their team.

Advice to Management

"Seize the day"

2. "They're a good company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Independence, OH

I worked at Medra Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

-Very involved, pleasant, competent CEO
    -Get paid on time
    -Excellent atmosphere
    -Coworkers and team leaders who want to see you succeed
    -Fun team nights
    -Structured training and evaluation methods

Now someone mentioned something about having a hard time getting their last check. Not true for me. No problems for me at all.

Cons

The biggest problem was not knowing up front that the job involves door-to-door sales. It's not as bad to me as, say, not being 100% honest about your availability from the getgo because you just wanna get your foot in the door. It's obvious why it's done this way. But you really need to prepare yourself for this. Take good, sturdy, comfortable shoes and a comfy casual change of clothes.

The other thing is having to earn a shirt with the company logo. You can't just buy it. I feel like if people seem to be willing to stick around, you should just let them buy it because it'll give them more credibility with their leads/potential customers and more confidence to close more sales.

You really need to have a tough skin with this job. Trust your law of averages and keep pushing through your no's til you get your yeses. Once you get a yes, keep your momentum going and use that sale to let others know, hey your neighbor's getting so-and-so. It'll help you a lot.

The other thing is send people to their respective areas for a longer time period. It really sucks to have to lose hot leads who literally are sold on the whole package but just have to wait to get paid, run it by the decision maker/etc. You lose people like that after working so hard to gain their trust, then they don't want anything to do with you or the company because you said you'd be there and they never hear from you again. Then they'll think you were just a scammer anyway. It's very discouraging to miss out like that and then not get any more sales the rest of the week because it's just not your neighborhood or your confidence has waned.

It is 100% commission so I wouldn't say you get out what you put in, but rather, put in as much quality work as you can until you get the results you want. Then be consistent.

Advice to Management

Just make it easier for your people to feel confident about what they're doing from the start so they'll want to stick to it in the long run.

"Scam"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well hidden pyramid scheme. There are no pros to this job. MOST OF THESE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FAKE ATTEMPTS TO COVER UP NEGATIVE REVIEWS.

Cons

By "direct sales" they mean door-to-door sales.

Be prepared to give your life to this job (break down your income and you're making minimum wage).

Lieing interview process where you are told wonderful things.

100% commission without compensation benefits

Advice to Management

Stop lieing to people that come seeking hope.

"Time Consuming"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn the sales business and move up in it if that's what you're interested in. Cool employees made my time there more enjoyable.

Cons

Very time consuming, especially if you're not hitting standards, meaning you will work most of your Saturdays and only have Sundays off. Not to mention you are going in at 10:45 in the morning and usually not getting off until after 8:30 at night. Not a good place to work if you have a busy personal life.

Advice to Management

Gas Cards

"Account Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like door to door sells then this company will fit you.

Cons

They don't come out and tell you that it is door to door sales. I was lied too when I asked straight up in the interview.

"Great Place to Work"

I worked at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young culture, friendly work enviroment. Get great sales experience and learn from team leaders.

Cons

This is not a regular inside or outside sales position this is door to door solicitation for AT&T.

Advice to Management

Tell people who interview what the job is like instead of calling it full time sales.

"Great Company to work for in Cleveland"

Former Employee - Sales in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Independence, OH

Pros

Fun young culture, great management, and plenty of growth opportunities! There is no ceiling on making money, so it is great to see your hard work pay off! Had to leave due to family relocation, otherwise, would have worked here for years, great promotion opportunities.

Cons

Long commute from my house but it worked out on days that I was in the field and not in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating and training your employees like you do, it has helped me develop my skills during my two years with Medra Marketing. Keep up the good work!

"Awesome experience!!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Independence, OH

I have been working at Medra Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made so much money while gaining incredible marketing experience! I was able to learn the communication presentation skills needs to become a true leader in the marketing industry.

Cons

I had never done sales before, so i had to learn the quality of my performance was more important than my length of time at the job site.

Advice to Management

Keep giving people like me without a load of experience a chance! Keep empowering your employees to move up in life. Keep up the entrepreneurial spirit!

"Not what I signed up for."

Current Employee - Entry Level in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Entry Level in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kind people, somewhat clean offices, Thursday team nights are fun, there is honestly not much else going for this company. The CEO is a kind person, however.

Cons

Being 100% commission based is terrible given if you don't make a sale at all, an entire week is wasted away. No compensation for gas wasted. I signed up for customer service with a sense of humor required, not a door to door sales woman. The hours are incredibly long, you'll be walking for 7-8 hours a day. Their sense of humor honestly sucks, too. Monday-Saturday 11:15-8:30 sucks and gives little time to be with family.

Advice to Management

Tell people up front on your job advertisement that it's 100% commission based. On your entry sheets, don't ask for desired salary when there is /no/ salary. Tell people they will be walking from house to house for 7-8 hours a day every day from Monday-Saturday.

"Complete Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH

I worked at Medra Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The commission sizes are nice, nice people to work with. There is a sales system that anyone can learn and use.

Cons

You will be going door to door 100% commission pay for 10 hours a day. This leads to many problems. Too much time per day wasted on planing how to track down leads, many leads are dead ends. Then you must wait for someone to bring you more leads to track and map. You're also given a very short list for the amount of time you are out in the field. You won't be given any mileage if you use your own car. Many time if you need a question answered, you're calling a person that is also in the field who is most likely with a client, leaving you hanging. And should you decide to not continue your career with them, they completely forget about you. Good luck getting your final check as well.

Advice to Management

Give more support behind the scenes. wasting half a day before you're even able to get to the field rushes the sales reps. This greatly affects performance in the field.