What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good but have been better in the past and seem to be declining." (in 867 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and very helpful" (in 521 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good pay." (in 322 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good work life balance" (in 311 reviews)
- "Culture is great and the company tries to do the right thing for their employees." (in 223 reviews)
- "Poor management and too much gossip" (in 285 reviews)
- "HR has been asked to 'clean up' the mess that managers have created and deal with their bad decision making." (in 127 reviews)
- "Almost annual layoffs in one department or another." (in 112 reviews)
- "The ability to move within is getting more restrictive unless you are a favorite of senior leadership" (in 110 reviews)
- "Lack of trust from the upper management" (in 80 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Medtronic and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 7,558 of over 10K reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0May 11, 2023Senior Director Global Medical EducationFormer Employee
The size of the company has allowed for investments in new exciting ground-breaking technologies. The people are amazing at Medtronic and truly what makes it a great company to work for. The Mission is something that everyone believes in and focuses on in their day-to-day work.
Geoff Martha, new CEO, is going to run this once amazing company into the ground! His decisions have hurt the organization and the people. Since he's been at the helm, the culture has become toxic. They don't worry about their employees and it's a shame. He has cut so many talented people and is losing thousands of years of tribal knowledge by making hasty cuts across the board regardless of the person's experience or performance. The downside to being at the world's largest medical device company is that we are just a number.41
- 2.0Sep 13, 2023Territory ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Company Stock Discounts Employee Benefits; Car, Phone, insurance, The Product is best in market, if you're able to actually get it (backorders)
Clinical Specialist/ Associates have been let-go, no assistant for a clinical case heavy/dependent product Lack of manufacturing efforts and capabilities have led to reps being unable to target/expand new business. Good luck hitting quota for the next 2yrs+ Contract "specialist" G. L. has continued to drop the ball on GPO's across the entire US, leading to competitors continuing to take market share Company continues to tighten budget on reps. Company is heavily invested into launching its Davicini robot competitor, causing stain on other divisions output abilities. Questionable quality control of product within recent years3
Medtronic Reviews FAQs
Medtronic has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 9,630 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Medtronic to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
73% of Medtronic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Medtronic 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.