Medtronic Employee Reviews about "large company"
73% would recommend to a friend
(1407 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good but have been better in the past and seem to be declining." (in 890 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and very helpful" (in 549 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good pay." (in 339 reviews)
- "There was a good work/life balance and I always had the option to work from home." (in 314 reviews)
- "Culture is great and the company tries to do the right thing for their employees." (in 220 reviews)
- "Poor management and too much gossip" (in 294 reviews)
- "HR has been asked to 'clean up' the mess that managers have created and deal with their bad decision making." (in 131 reviews)
- "The annual layoffs were detrimental to morale." (in 120 reviews)
- "The ability to move within is getting more restrictive unless you are a favorite of senior leadership" (in 111 reviews)
- "Lack of trust from the upper management" (in 82 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Medtronic and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,407 of over 10K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "large company"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jan 22, 2021Associate Quality Applications SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearJuncos, PR
The cultural environment in most part of the company is excellent and there is opportunity to grow.
Salaries for entry level are on the required lower side. For example, salaries for engineers are lower than expected.
- 3.0Aug 1, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLaguna Niguel, CA
Lots of opportunities across the company from engineering to clinical to quality systems and support staff
There is too much going on with focus on revenue and constant change, it is difficult to keep pace.
- 4.0Oct 20, 2021Senior IT Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNorthridge, CA
Worked with great teams of people.
The company allows social and political pressures to get in the way of serving their employees.
- 5.0May 26, 2023Sales CoordinatorFormer Contractor
They offer car allowance, patrol card, work phone and monthly data. The HR team is amazing and different issues faced by the company are resolved efficiently. They pay well and host online tasks to help employees better their understanding of the company.
There are barely any cons
- 5.0Jan 30, 2022Operating Unit Chief Financial OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNorth Haven, CT
Medtronic's mission is exceptional and the company drives decisions that strongly align to its mission. Pay is very competitive Leadership across the company is extremely strong and capable.
The company is implementing many new processes and changes (including organizational) which at times can feel overwhelming.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2014DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsTolochenaz
Many people aligned with the mission of the company. Great products. Great financial strength. Medtronic hires motivated, highly educated and qualified people.
Political, with VP-level leadership out of touch with reality and how business is done in the 21st century. CEO and Europe Head (Rob ten Hoedt) are brilliant and visonary and want the right things to happen in the company. The level below them, unfortunately, generally consists of politicians with too much time in the company to know what good performance and best practice actually look like. Medtronic is too inward looking and is a very change averse place.1
- 4.0Sep 10, 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
Very prestigious and innovative global company with a deep history in the Medical Device sector. Great compensation, benefits, work-life balance opportunities and with a visionary new CEO at the helm.
Extremely matrixed legacy organization which created an atmosphere of 4 distinct companies in one and with competing priorities among them which often makes getting work among them quite difficult. Change to introduce new approaches does not come easy at Medtronic for this reason. The upcoming corporate restructuring announced recently will be among the largest in Medtronic's history and is likely to have layoff casualties as a result. Career advancement is also difficult and will be less likely with the major restructuring ahead Medtronic is a good proving ground to launch a career and which helps with taking talents elsewhere if needed and which many have done.6
- 3.0Mar 2, 2023QUality Inspector IICurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Ana, CA
The company does event for the ppl ans community and the mission great help elevate pain. Benefits good
Pay and growth not great and looking for room to grow.
- 5.0May 21, 2021New Product Development EngineerFormer Intern, less than 1 yearNorth Haven, CT
Medtronic is made up of very creative individuals, has a great team work environment, and offers great benefits. The company also puts a lot of effort into educating their employees and creating a diverse environment
Medtronic is a large company so you have to work hard to stand out and keep up with the fast pace
- 2.0Nov 12, 2018CNC MachinistCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsPuerto Rico, TX
A good company that we make medical device with the best quality and the product always on time
disadvantages of working for Medtronic, the bad administration that lead the employee to work in a hostile environment2