Medulla Reviews

Updated May 25, 2020

3.4
Medulla CEO Stuart Bernsen (no image)
Stuart Bernsen
Pros
Cons
  • "Not very good work-life balance at all(in 14 reviews)

• "From layoffs to cutbacks to cover ups to the renaming (Chiro One to Medulla LLC)(in 13 reviews)

"Great"

5.0
    Former Employee - Engagement Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

Lots of travel and gas and miles placed on vehicle

Continue reading
  2. "Not a bad experience"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative

I have been working at Medulla full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never had a boss standing over me. I was free to work how I felt was most convenient. Not working in the same location very much at all, constantly changing. Income is completely up to you and how much you actually give. One of our top CERS was making over 120,000 annually.

Cons

Working weekends every weekend sucked. Sometimes I had a 30-40 minute drive to work depending on our event. Benefits are trash.

3. COVID-19

"Incompetent CMO"

Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Chiropractors are great and amazing leadership in other areas of the company.

Cons

Current CMO is only in it for herself. She cannot be trusted, lies constantly, throws team members under the bus despite things being her decision, is a control freak, refuses to actually learn or even listen to how roles impact one another. Demands control and respect from everyone and does not take responsibility for her poor decisions (blames others despite it being her decision) and demeans everyone she is around. Even lies to the Board of Directors that decisions were not made by her despite announcing at the beginning of decisions that it was all her. Hopefully the universe will work soon on her and even out the evil she has displayed to all around right back at her.

May 11, 2020Director of Digital and Content Marketing

While we appreciate current or former employees taking the time to give us feedback, we do not condone personal attacks on our team members. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble as we serve our highly-valued patient population. We value each of our employee’s contributions, past and present, and are unhappy to hear about your feelings. We are sorry you didn’t get a chance to grow your career at Chiro One. We wish you the best in your career.

"Mediocre company"

Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time

Pros

Great leadership in many departments

Cons

long hours and crazy schedule

May 10, 2020Director of Digital and Content Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Chiro One. We are glad you had a positive experience with our leadership team. Related to your comments on our schedule and hours, we are consistently working on ways to create better work-life balance for our employees. We appreciate your feedback and we wish you the best in your career.

"Started out great and ended in disgust"

Former Employee - A/R Claims in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time for more than a year

Pros

The clinic staff is great, enjoyed working with them. Free chiro care is a major plus. Casual office.

Cons

Negative interactions with coworkers including bullying, lack of leadership in my department, training and tasks not well explained. No work life balance.

May 10, 2020Director of Digital and Content Marketing

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your time at Chiro One. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here, and it's true that working at Chiro One isn't for everyone. We’d like to address the work life balance. Our claims team works only up to 40 hours a week with team members being done by 1 pm on Fridays so they can enjoy a two and a half day weekend. Overtime is only done voluntarily and is paid overtime pay. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

"Run while you still can!"

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. Seek employment elsewhere, read cons below.

Cons

Where to begin? First, close your eyes and imagine a company that cares about you, compensates you fairly, and sets you up for future success. Now open your eyes and see the exact opposite of that company. Just check out the other 1 star reviews here on Glassdoor, all of them do a great job explaining some of the issues with this so-called "company". Personally, I found some of the actions of the C level executives to be down right unethical and amoral. True story; there was a time when they were selling vitamin supplements in the clinics and they found out the supplements were bogus and NOT FDA regulated. Even after knowing that, I witnessed one executive shrug it off and say we still need to move the product. And they did! No regard for the health and livelihood of their patients, whatever makes them more money I guess. That's just one example of the many negative interactions I had here and it baffles me how this company is still operating, I thought they would've gone bankrupt...AGAIN. Google "Chiro One Shut Down" for more details on how this company cheated over hundreds of employees and patients and made this new shell company known as 'Medulla' to get out of class action lawsuits so they didn't have to pay back the people they stole money from. They claim to care about their "patients, people, and performance" but, make no mistake, the ONLY thing they care about is money. If you're a patient, don't be fooled, you should find another locally owned chiropractor, stay far away from these goons. Google "Chiro One Scam". They've done a good job hiding that result on search engines but it's still there. If you're an employee at any level, NOW is the perfect time to quit. Don't sacrifice any more of your time or your own health to these jerks because they really don't care about you or your future. If they did care about you, surely the company benefits package would reflect that, but unfortunately it's an industry worst. A new DC can go start their own clinic and earn 2-3x as much as they would here and they don't have to deal with the stigma and pressure of joining a cult that continuously pushes you faster and harder to see more patients because some executive needs a new Mercedes. Gross. Don't believe their lies. When I left the company I didn't get so much as a "Thank You" for the crazy hours and disingenuous people I put up with over the years. When I finally got out of this place I was so happy and I realized how insane and toxic the environment was. I truly believe spending any time here is more harmful to your career than being unemployed. There's zero opportunity for advancement and the place is rife with cult mentality. They force employees to go to this "self-help" seminar called Landmark Forum (Google them and check their Wikipedia page to learn the awful truth), spoiler alert: it's a multi-level marketing scam with very dubious origins. Don't drink this kool-aid, it's straight poison! Do your research on these people, educate yourself before they have a chance to brainwash, gaslight, hypnotize, or use neuro-linguistic programming on you. If you don't know that last one Google it. Not. Even. Joking. It was just one of the MANY tactics I saw the C level use to try and control their subordinates. This place is deplorable, disreputable, and rotten. Save your career now and RUN.

May 10, 2020Director of Digital and Content Marketing

We’re very disappointed to hear about your experience. While we do know that Chiro One is not for everyone, especially because it is in an ever changing and evolving industry that requires our team to be nimble and continuously trained on both new and core material, we never want anyone to feel such dissatisfaction after their time with the organization. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and wish you the best in your future career.

7. "Lots of pros and cons"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative

I have been working at Medulla full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Self development, ability to earn based on work performance

Cons

insurance is expensive, long hours without knowing where your working next, numbers dependent on region, lots of turnover

Continue reading

"Decent first job of out College"

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medulla full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. Can get your foot in the door of outside sales

Cons

The events you get to work out are at the mercy of your regional manager. If you're not a top producer, you might be put at events with less opportunity for sales.

October 31, 2019Director of Digital and Content Marketing

We’re dedicated to creating a culture where each employee is appreciated for his/her contribution, and that everyone is given equal opportunity at events to sell. We’re sorry that your experience didn’t reflect the team we're striving to create. We are continually trying to improve and realize that we still have things to work on. We truly appreciate your feedback as it's important to continuing to improve the culture here.

9. "Crazy hours but great learning experience"

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative

I worked at Medulla full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn alot about sales and sales techniques. The position really gets you out of your comfort zone

Cons

Random hours all the time. Work at too many gyms and not enough events.

October 31, 2019Director of Digital and Content Marketing

We're happy to hear that you were able to learn a lot about sales through our amazing training programs here. However, we are always working on improvements to our company culture and truly appreciate your feedback. We’re dedicated to providing equal opportunity for our sales teams at events, and are currently striving for a better work/life balance, and are sorry to hear that that your experience didn’t reflect this. Continual feedback is integral to helping us improve as a company, so we thank you.

"Reasons for high turn over rate, average CER only lasts 3 months"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Medulla full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free chiropractic care for you and your family. Positive Cult type mentality.

Cons

Not listing to employees who are in the trenches, feeling spied upon and undermined by co-workers, having to fight management for every credit, management purposely losing or evading your credits. Unattainable goal/ bonus structure due to the way they set up the system, You have to split credits, be put at no lead events, making you feel like your the problem, encouraging animosity between coworkers, not a level playing field, Feel like the deck is stacked against you and if you don’t perform well in the first 3 months you are blackballed to 2nd rate events. Win/ loose environment. Horrible benefits package they don’t contribute to 401K or any part of health benefits, Limited reimbursement on daily driving costs and parking. Extreme wear and tear on your car, they don’t schedule you events close to home, No work life balance, Lugging heavy equipment around and if you get hurt limited PTO and/or workman’s comp.

August 16, 2019Director of Digital and Content Marketing

At Chiro One, our mission is to help as many people live their lives to their maximum potential via chiropractic care. We’re proud to have a dynamic, hard-working team of marketers that are educating people on the benefits of chiropractic care and enabling them to live healthier lives, We believe face-to-face interaction with patients is most effective, having a strong presence at local events across many communities is core to our mission. We offer a competitive compensation package, along with a comprehensive healthcare package that includes primary care, vision and dental. Our human resource team is continually working to enhance our benefits for our employees’. Our marketing team is passionate about helping people and doing work that makes a positive impact on people’s lives. We’re dedicated to creating a culture where each employee is appreciated for his/her contribution. We’re sorry that your experience didn’t reflect the culture we strive to create.

Found 160 reviews