Medullan, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Ahmed Albaiti

"great experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Medullan is a good experience. Their culture and values are evident across the organization's people. Career coaches are one of the many benefits of working there as well

Cons

Compensation in comparison to other tech companies could be better for their employees. This may be a small deterring factor for some folks but not a huge one.

Advice to Management

Work on better compensation packages for experienced folks to keep folks.

"Never believe what they promise during hiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none other than free snacks.

Cons

1: There is absolutely no work culture and ethics at Medullan.
    2: They don't know what work life balance means, CEO makes you work more than 15hrs a day, 7 days a week.
    3: You can survive at this company if you know how to bully others. Bullying is a mandatory skill for employees who wants to jump up the ladder at this company. Saw so many employees crying because of bulling by colleagues and leadership team. Management team and HR does not seem to care and never took any action towards stoping it even after bunch of employees complain about bullying.
    4: They will assign you to what ever roles they have even though they are not meant for your career growth or your skill set does not match with no support.
    5: Leadership team is not experienced, does not know how to get the projects with out over selling and making employees work long hours.

Advice to Management

Company can not survive long enough and can not reach its goal of 100 million if you keep over selling every project and then make employees work unrealistically long hours to cover the erosion. Medullan is a health consulting company, so please care for your employees health by providing them stress free environment. You can reach 100Million goal only if you care your employees along with the revenue and profits.

"Keep looking for a job"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

I worked at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks?, Boston is a great city

Cons

Self serving CEO, no vision, friends and family in leadership, in it to make $$$ but no sharing with employees

Advice to Management

Grow up!

"Not a lot of positive things to say."

Former Employee - User Experience Architect in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - User Experience Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any

Cons

Claims to care about people, but doesn't show it
    Throws people into roles that they weren't hired for or qualified to do with little to now support
    Bullying happens at every level of management
    Expects people to work long hours with no bonus or incentives to do so
    Lack of strong or supportive leadership
    Lack of focus or objectives in projects

Advice to Management

When you put people first, the project work will come without needing to over sell.

6. "Not a bad place to work but...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marblehead, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marblehead, MA

I worked at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethical, honest management in particular the founder, Ahmed Albaiti. Cares about understanding the client need, serving them and delivering value.

Cons

Out of control, due to a variety of fiefdoms. Little leadership from the top. Needs longer-term strategy and the ability to see it through.

Advice to Management

Don't think you have all the answers and need to make all the decisions. Take the input of others.

7. "Amazing energy, and the best people"

Current Employee - Massachusetts in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Massachusetts in Cambridge, MA

Pros

- Start-up atmosphere means I get experience doing anything / everything; been collaborating actively with our clients (and with all roles / levels in company) from day 1
    - Company is at vanguard of its field (design & digital strategy for health care), and it's awesome to be part of that
    - My colleagues are there to collaborate with me, and to help me out when I don't know something -- never to compete with me
    - Super-fast pace
    - I learn from pretty much everybody around me; people are awesome
    - I genuinely look forward to going to work every day

Cons

- It's a startup and a consultancy, so the pace whips back and forth between way to fast and slightly too slow ... not sure how this could be avoided

Advice to Management

- Keep putting your people first

"Consider other jobs..."

Former Employee - Senior Computer Systems Analyst in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Computer Systems Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start up environment
    Not much else comes to mind...

Cons

Management is looking for big titles for themselves
    Culture is talk the talk not walk the talk

Advice to Management

You are a consulting shop...put people first.

"Tripping over themselves"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Medullan, Inc. full-time

Pros

The company is full of well-intentioned people, who are ambitious, passionate, and have great ideas.

Cons

The company's internal processes are slow and clunky, so much so that they interfered with getting work done. Employees sat through 5 or so hours of meetings/day. Communication with teams in other countries was difficult. Drama between executives felt unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Be more vertical, less horizontal. Bring in experts to optimize business processes, rather than making everyone a cook in the kitchen.

10. "Great Company That I Can Believe In"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great people (smart, funny, professional, charismatic and skillful )
    - Great culture
    - I think the company is very open about different aspects of the business
    - Great purpose and vision ("Innovation for Better Lives" - that is a cause I can support)
    - Fast growing company with plenty of opportunities as long as you are assertive about getting it.
    - Good, strong leadership
    - A strong overall team that shows a great deal of ownership and personal responsibility in the company

Cons

- Growth is rarely easy and a seamless thing and with it comes additionally challenges to overcome.
      As such the company isn't perfect and at times may suffer growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing but be sure to set yourself up for success while growing to ensure the right
    support is available and people have a positive experience holistically.

11. "Medullan is meeting my expectations.. and then some."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Medullan, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medullan is making some serious waves. We are competing with industry heavyweights and we are winning. We doubled our head count last year to 90 people and recently opened two new offices. I heard last year's voluntary attrition was under 8%.

Most importantly, I believe management is trying its best to keep us happy, and healthy. The BrainSpark program was a blast and I know they are trying to hire more top-tier talent to help facilitate the growth. From my POV, though there are still many hurdles to clear, Medullan's overall future prospects are quite bright.

I also really like the focus on purpose and values and the impact we can make on potentially millions of people's lives.

Cons

We are a company in transition and there are varying degree of chaos in everything still. From experience, with time, additional hires (particularly some high-level ones I have heard about that will relieve some pressure/bottlenecks), and focus, many of these issues will work themselves out.

The fact we are self-funded to date is both a big blessing and a minor bane as there are simply not enough resources to get everything done easily and painlessly . The amount of effort and time expended on processes and tasks, many that could be automated, can get frustrating.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see a little more walking the talk though I know they are trying.