Medversant Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Matthew Haddad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Hectic But Learning So Much"

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Medversant Technologies full-time

Pros

Where to begin...This is my first position in the Healthcare sector and at first I was a little nervous to accept the position. I came from the retail space were you either sell a commodity that doesn’t last long enough or in the buyers eyes, cost way too much.
    That said, what I have learned over the last 6 months has given me so much knowledge as to what must happen before a physician is allowed to treat a patient. My company performs services on hundreds of thousands of doctors and actually credentials my family’s general medicine doctor. The steps we put a provider through are surely decreasing consumer risk. Before I started I had no idea companies did this work.

Cons

Days are long and when you arrive you need to be ready to get to work. The company has an external call center that takes calls 24/7 to assist providers like my general practicioner get through the credentialing process. My day starts off by having to review and contact providers from the previos day while stil taking inbound calls...It gets a little hairy at times but the day goes by quickly.

Advice to Management

Open up a third shift to help with the load...maybe have one or two assist on call. That would be helpful.

"Client Services Nightmare"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Medversant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation for what the staff there does in a 10-12 hour workflow is over-all very good. Laxed supervisor environment. Medical benefits are OFFERED after contractual obligations are met. They give cake to you in your birthday month.

Cons

Employee interface is kept in a departmental level as no one associates with any new employee here. Upper level is only concerned with meeting unobtainable high demands placed on productivity, products and staff. Pay checks are often late by days and when pay is on time it often handed out in paper check form which, at times mid-level management advises you deposit and wait a day or so to withdraw funds. In house practices negate industry polocies and standards other companies take pride in. Their breakroom/kitchen area doesn't even have paper towels, napkins, hand sanitizer, soap, coffee, creamer, stirrers, paper plates, etc. Promises of full time employment offered after 3 months of contractual obligations are totally FALSE! Temperamental employees here are often found hollering in hallways or arguing in closed door offices throughout the week and more often around pay days. No one here seems to Care about the quality of service presented to their customers as they're constantly left on hold for long periods, are mishandled and mistreated, lied to, made to feel inadequate and often times given the wrong information which in results sabotages the entire process of recredentialing all together. Spur of the moment company policies reflect managers and owners attempts to simply save face and pass the buck, keeping costs at minimal and more cash in the owners pockets. Office equipment is oudated, unkept, and often sabotaged by fellow employees who have it out for the company. As well, this place is a haven for "odd" employees who have various social interaction issues, grumpy attitudes, nonconforming racist attitudes, argumentive mid-level management, as well as persons of foreign origin there that speak English but won't speak to you because of presumed departmental practpractices... allowing them to only speak to those in their payschales, work flows and/or projects. In house products are inferior and breakdown more often than actually work. Company morale is extremely questionable. Past employees are made to seem incompetent when no longer there. Off-site services delegated to off-soff-shore companies with great setbacks lacking in quality of services.

Advice to Management

Take the time out to be truthful to those that should be considered as assets and not liabilities. Pay persons on time!!!!! BE the change you want to see overall! Hire intelligent people and drug crazed off balls!!

"unable to stabilize"

I worked at Medversant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff on the ground work hard and support each other. Warning -- the early positive reviews are plants. I was in the meetings where staff were pressured to post them.

Cons

Management changes direction sometimes even from hour to hour. Never properly staff or train team. Dishonest with clients to obtain contracts that company is not capable of fulfilling then blames team for not executing the impossible.

Advice to Management

Finds someone who understands credentialing the step away, especially when selling contracts.

"Late Wages, Mismanaged Funds, Poor Upper Management & Leadership"

Pros

I will say that Medversant has a great team with hard working, smart, down to earth, and genuine people. It is an open environment with a culture of people you want to work with--but if there is terrible leadership and management, that can only take you so far.

Because of the high stress levels the company puts you through, you do gain some great work experience if you can handle that and succeed through the tough times. This gives you opportunity to gain skills during "crunch time" when you have to take the lead and be accountable for client success.

Cons

We were being paid late many, many times, and according to the current workers there now--they still are being paid late. We were lied to as well--they let us know that they would be reducing salaries to avoid lay offs, but instead, they reduced salaries and also laid off people. They also laid off managers and leaders that gave the company any potential in going a positive direction.

It's too bad that upper management is so poor as Medversant (Extreme nepotism and shady favors/promises are common practices) has so much potential for its needed product in the healthcare industry.

Health benefits are not that great, they contribute up to about $230-250 a month for a small business scale.

Advice to Management

-Follow advice of experienced professionals who have successfully ran businesses.
    -Get more funding for actual investment in the business and its employees.
    -Hire capable professionals and stick with them.

"Everyone who works here is dispensable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Medversant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people on a non-management level, great location in the heart of DTLA with an abundance of restaurant choices within walking distance and paid monthly parking. Hours are pretty flexible.

Cons

Where do I begin? Executive management absolutely do not know what they are doing 90% of the time and will conjure up lies upon lies to keep clients happy, even when they don't have the manpower or the resources to do so. The only thing they know how to do well is to throw people under the bus and to outsource. The only people who last in this company are those who know how to back scratch. None of their clients are aware that outsourcing happens and that is always the only solution when issues arise (again, because executive management for one, don't care about their employees and second, will do anything anything to keep their clients in the dark).

During the 3 years that I was there, there were 3 company-wide lay offs and surprise surprise, these were all people who actually knew what they were doing and stood up to upper management. Needless to say, company morale was normally a foreign term and only those who are under qualified and yet knew how to shoe shine will get promoted. Oh, and I should probably mention, raises don't happen here because management loves capitalizing on cheap labor.

Advice to Management

Take your lies elsewhere. Your current and new employees (sorry that you chose this company) will eventually realize the truth. Also, don't just promote employees because he/she is your little pet - promote people who actually care for the well-being of the company and have proven their worth and know what they are doing instead of laying them off. Good luck, future staff. You'll need it.

6. "Vertical Integrated Company with Innovative Approach"

Pros

Professional and Creative Company with lots of Drive and Potential. This company has been in the industry for more than 12 year's and if you are looking to establish a career with a Technology Company that has big Health Care insurance companies as clients thisbis the place.

Cons

Parking and location are confusing. No parking provided and local eateries are boring. It can be pricey eating locally.

Advice to Management

More incentives and higher matching contributions for employees.

"Lots of opportunity if you're a brown noser"

I worked at Medversant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Most employees make up their own schedule and come and go when they want. They offer reimbursement for parking or public transportation expenses.

Cons

So unorganized. Make up rules as they go or what fits for them. There's no one there that looks out for the operations employees well being or rights/benefits. Many people are overworked doing the job of 5 people.

Advice to Management

This place needs structure. They need to redo their whole organizational chart/flow. Have an actual policies and procedures.

"Zero concern for junior staff"

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Medversant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location, centralized in downtown, good food options nearby, and other companies located in tenant building. Possibly good networking opportunity to get a job with another company.

Cons

Looks like there are a lot of planted reviews. A number of positive reviews left over the course of several days, not legit. Anyway, upper management in this place has absolutely no concern for underlings. It is all about producing at any cost, and if being untruthful to clients is necessary to make that happen, so be it. They outsource as much as they possibly can to save money The new employees should be aware that their responsibilities will be outsourced as soon as it is feasible to do so... If you have a job at mid Versant, it's because the CEO hasn't figured out how to outsource your work yet.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you.

9. ""Brand new…really enjoy working here already!" I work at Medversant Technologies."

I have been working at Medversant Technologies full-time

Pros

I read all these reviews before my interview and was a little wary. But the managers I interviewed with were so friendly, my fears were immediately put to rest. The office is a nice, quiet place to focus on your work and upper management seems to really cultivate a synergistic environment

Cons

The break room coffee is really watery.

Advice to Management

Please organize more All hands meeting

10. "This company helped me grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Working with Medversant had opened alot of opportunities for me. During my time, there were alot of new clients and I was involved in different projects.

Cons

I guess its all about perspective on how one treats company challenges. I saw gaps as opportunities to learn and improve.