Meero Photographer Reviews | Glassdoor

Meero Photographer Reviews

Updated Nov 26, 2019

2.6
Meero CEO Thomas Rebaud (no image)
Thomas Rebaud
  1. "Worked as a freelance photographer doing rental/real estate shoots."

Current Contractor - Freelance Photographer in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Meero for less than a year

Pros

Set your own schedule, but there are only certain time blocks (due to natual lighting) Earn fair wages and you don't have to do any editing! Get support and feedback to improve. Training outline/structure for rental/real estate shoots. I didn't have any prior experience.

Cons

My area didn't have too many opportunities, but that's not Meero's fault. I only came across 0-3 jobs per month. Rules are very strict for real estate/rental shoots (which was nice for ME, but some photographers might not like all of the rules. I think it made me a better photographer. ) If you fail to follow the guidelines, you have to go back and reshoot. Its up to you to nail down a process which you develop over time. Website upload process isn't great, always had to use a drop box program to deliver photos.

Advice to Management

The only improvement that I could recommend is to fix the website/photo upload process. The website always kicked back my photos and I had to use drop box/smash to upload my work.

Meero2019-06-23
  2. "Terrible Communication, Amateur "Producers" Who Know Little About Photography and Planning Shoots"

Current Contractor - Photographer

I have been working at Meero for less than a year

Pros

Producers are nice, quick to respond but communication is a bit on the inaccurate/unprofessional side. Lots of time wasted in miscommunication.

Cons

Wow, it has been labor intensive dealing with assignments from Meero. The pay, as with most brokers like this is laughably low, but to make it even worse, it is a nightmare in terms of communication, the calendar that you are continually supposed to update your schedule on is labor intensive and getting paid is a struggle Did I mention communication is terrible?

Advice to Management

Hire people with experience who know how to communicate professionally with clients and photographers. Pay is laughably low. This is the worst photo brokerage I've ever worked with. Time is $. If you are going to go the low pay route, you at least need to be efficient.

Meero2019-11-26
  3. "lol"

Former Contractor - Photographer in New York, NY

I worked at Meero for more than a year

Pros

They make it seem like a good deal. They are skimming way to much off the top and do not give you enough time for the amount of work they want.

Cons

You may or may not be paid. They may decide that something is crooked...like 3 of your 250 photos so they keep the money for themselves. Do not treat photographers fairly. They offered me one type of job that I am making double at with a similar type of company. I was willing to be patient but its just too ridiculous. Every month almost you have a new "producer"

Advice to Management

Treat your photographers as professionals and figure out how to pay and treat them fairly. Good luck getting any one to stay with you with things as they are. If you do not give them a decent amount of time and money which probably needs to be uped by a third for what you have wanted so far expect subpar rushed results. Most photographers feel better about editing there own work. With the complaints I have gotten your editors must not be very good.

Meero2019-10-10

"Poor communication, put you through the loop"

Former Contractor - Photographer in Burlington, VT

I worked at Meero for less than a year

Pros

seems like a good opporutnity

Cons

They promise you hundreds of photoshoots during the recruitment process, and then there were none. One came around one month from then. The home inspection part is a joke; the app doesn't work half the time, and you have to spend time uninstalling and reinstalling the thing. They also don't tell you anything about the Airbnb listing before you shoot it. During the shoot, I followed procedures to a T, measured the height of my tripod, shots from all angles, perfect settings that they are so anal about. I came back with only negative feedback and saying I hate to do a reshoot and would not be paid for the 4 hours it took me.

Advice to Management

Get organized. Your customer service is a joke, and so is your inside communication.

Meero2019-03-14
  5. "Freelance is Freedom"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Photographer in London, England

I have been working at Meero for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility is one of the best things you can have.

Cons

It's more of a additional income

Advice to Management

Great professional people, get enough sleep, you're doing well!

Meero2019-11-23
  6. "Good complete work for But but needs a little Ironing out"

Current Contractor - Photographer

I have been working at Meero for more than a year

Pros

Developing companies, A good wide range of jobs Freelance photographers.

Cons

The company worries too much about technology Then the creativity. Forcing you to bite more expensive equipmentWhat is unnecessary for the Photo shoots.

Meero2019-11-20

"Small fees while dealing with incapable employees"

Current Freelancer - Photographer in Athens

I have been working at Meero for less than a year

Pros

If there are plenty of projects you could just earn a basic salary. You do not edit the photos.

Cons

Fees are very small for photographers. You get paid only 30€ for each shooting in food photography. The demand is very small, so there is no steady shootings. You might get one per month. The employees working for meero are clueless about their jobs and know nothing about photography. They can reject your photos even if they are in the guidelines. I got 3 shootings canceled with a notice less than 12 hours. Zero support, you talk to one clueless person and no other way to speak to a supervisor.

Advice to Management

There should be a person supervising the Meero employees who communicate with the photographers and have a feedback directly from the photographers. There should be an IOS or Android app for the calendar and shooting platform. Uploading RAW photos is a pain in the butt.

Meero2019-03-26

"Good Company"

Current Contractor - Photographer in London, England

I have been working at Meero for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and friendly. Strike a good balance between satisfying client and photographers.

Cons

Very few. I have found them to address issues quickly and fairly.

Meero2019-01-02