Meeting Tomorrow Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Mark Aistrope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing, vibrant company"

I have been working at Meeting Tomorrow full-time

Pros

Positive work culture with a defined commitment to employee professional and personal growth.

Cons

Some growing pains in process.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency in communication...it helps.

"Best Company I Have Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Meeting Tomorrow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting Tomorrow is easily the greatest company I have ever worked for. Not only is the culture amazing and the people here are fantastic, but the work is also rewarding. It has the success of a large company and yet still has the "small start-up" vibe.

You really do create your own path at MT. I have had interest in a couple different departments at MT and management was always quick to make sure I had the chance to cross train to see if I would prefer to be doing that. I would recommend anyone and everyone to work here!

They really do look at this company as a giant family and all of this is started from the top down. The CEO here is one of the most motivating, positive and transparent person I have ever had the privileged of working for.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that it is difficult to get hired. The interview process is tough, but the reason for this is that they can make sure they are getting the greatest people to fit into our culture. If you get hired consider yourself very lucky, because it's not easy. Nor should it be!

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction that you are and make sure to keep your same ideals and values that started this company.

3. "I love working at Meeting Tomorrow"

I have been working at Meeting Tomorrow full-time

Pros

My favorite thing is the people. We only hire team members who share our Core Values of Kindness, Commitment, and Humility. It's so refreshing to be part of a company where everyone is looking out for each other, rowing in the same direction, and constantly looking to improve themselves and the business.

The opportunities to take on new responsibilities and directly help drive growth are abundant.

We know that our customers have super high expectations for us, so we know that we need to have super high expectations for ourselves. We have to work very hard in order to come through on the promises we make.

If you like to win, learn, share, and grow, then MT could be exactly what you're looking for.

Cons

The events industry is fun but very challenging!

4. "Wonderful place to work and advance your career!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Meeting Tomorrow (More than a year)

Pros

MT is an amazing and exciting place to work. I genuinely looked forward to going to work every day. The company is hard working, quickly growing, and fast-paced. The culture is next to none. It’s a positive and warm environment where the core values of kindness, commitment, and humility are living & breathing in the people, the office, and the work.

They offer solid benefits, volunteer & community involvement opportunities. Leadership does a good job of having conversations with employees to make sure they feel valued and talents are being best used. If an employee is interested in a different department or career path, leadership works hard to make sure they accommodate and help the employee get to where they want to be. I am so grateful for the skills I developed, opportunities that led to professional & personal growth, and long-lasting relationships with colleagues!

Cons

The PTO structure is pretty average and there is not much opportunity to work from home/remotely. But, the magic of MT happens inside the office, so you'll be glad to be in the office every day!

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging investing in your people! And continue fostering a transparent environment! I'm excited to follow the journey & success of Meeting Tomorrow.

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review!

5. "Great company but still areas to improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Meeting Tomorrow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful and the company values are strong

Cons

There is little flexibility and not a lot of PTO. The company really needs to work on this.

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We're always looking for ways to enhance our benefits - we appreciate your input!

6. "In your wildest dreams, you could not imagine the marvelous surprises that await you!"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

A very successful, growing company with endless opportunities for motivated, positive and passionate people! I worked in many different departments at MT (marketing, warehouse, fulfillment, product development, account management and the after hours team). I was hungry for challenges and growth opportunities and MT was always able to provide them.

MT provides an excellent benefits package, generous PTO, profit sharing bonus, book clubs, personal development classes, massages, free hot & iced coffee every day, award recognitions, bagels with wide variety of cream cheeses for staff meetings, transparent financials and company plans, opportunities for advancement and the very best parties!

The best part about working for MT though were the immensely talented and genuinely happy people you get to work with each day. I would have stayed at MT forever if I didn't move away from Chicago.

Cons

The event services industry can be demanding and stressful at times. You need to think quick to solve problems and the workload can be heavy at times. If you're someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and you really care about successful events and happy clients, you will adapt well to this.

Advice to Management

Keep steering the ship with the core values as your compass! Nurture and listen to employees to make sure that everyone is in a role where they're doing something that they love & that they're really good at.

Sep 28, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled you had such a great experience - you'll be missed around here!

"Seems great, but it's all a facade"

Former Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Meeting Tomorrow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're really nice to you...at first. They make you feel welcome. There are office dogs.

Cons

All niceness and making you feel welcome is a smokescreen. Once you're there, the unrealistic work expectations surface. You're asked to do 16 hours of work in 8 hours, with little to no guidance or assistance. Can't do it? Well, let's have a meeting (they have so many useless meetings, the company name is essentially a threat), and at that meeting, they'll ever so politely tell you how great they think you are, but...BUT. You'll try to explain that you're doing all you can, and that maybe they should hire more people if they want more work to get done, but they'll ignore that sensible advice. Oh, I almost forgot to admit the unsafe work conditions in the warehouse, and the hostile hetero white male culture that dominates that warehouse, especially among management and supervisors.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over.

Aug 10, 2016 – Human Resources

I want to first thank you for your thoughtful feedback and say I'm sorry you didn't have a positive experience at MT. Some of the issues you bring up around safety and a hostile culture have not... More

8. "A pretty solid place to work"

Former Employee - Product Development Assistant
    Former Employee - Product Development Assistant

I worked at Meeting Tomorrow (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, I had a really good experience at Meeting Tomorrow. I didn't have much work experience but they hired me as a warehouse temp and ended up bringing me back for a few months to work in other department that were more suited to my skills. They are willing to experiment and move people are to see what fits best for them, and I think Rachel, the HR manager, does an incredible job of paying attention to people, their skills, and what they have to say about their experiences. There are a number of really competent people and a few people who love their jobs, which means the company functions well and has a generally positive vibe day-to-day. But most important to me was the feeling of being recognized and valued for my skills and personality in a way that felt authentic.

Cons

The company is in an industry that I never intended to have a career in, and I still don't plan to, so that's the context for my opinions. This may be splitting hairs, but because there's such an emphasis on being friendly and enthusiastic, it can be exhausting for a person for whom that doesn't come naturally. If you just want to show up at work and do your job, you can, but you may feel unfriendly.

Other reviews also mention that there's limited opportunity for advancement, which is maybe true, but it was never my intention to advance. It's a good place to work if you don't have much experience, need a temporary job to hold you over, or you want to acquire some professional skills and try out some new things. It's a place that emphasizes the process of the work and feeling fulfilled day-to-day more than making a lot of money right away (although I'd imagine the salespeople do pretty well for themselves).

Advice to Management

I honestly think they do a pretty good job. I'm no businessman, and I can only speak to my experience. I feel like there could be better ways to connect people across departments and help them understand the roles that other people play. The company's not too large, but it's easy to feel like you only work with the other six people who have positions that overlap with yours.

"Amazing group of people,"

I have been working at Meeting Tomorrow full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company values are Kindness, Comittment and Humility---and almost everything about MT reflects this. Great benefits, 401k match, free Diivy membership, tons of little clubs (community service, fitness, community garden, etc), amazing culture, hard work is recognized and rewarded, strong growth but not overwhelming, progressive and innovative.

Cons

Live events are stressful, top-level team means you really have to shine to advance, very picky on hiring, have to work hard

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, grow faster so you can hire more great people!

"Fulfillment"

I worked at Meeting Tomorrow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture w/ awesome people and awesome leadership. Mark, Phil, Taylor, Lauren, Bob, Rachel and Karyn are all wonderful people and work hard to set the company up for success. MT does a great job of hiring super stars and so each team member is exceptional.

Cons

They like to have meetings... lots of meetings.