Meggitt Reviews | Glassdoor

Meggitt Chief Executive Stephen Young
Stephen Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • But to upper management they let the shop employees take the hit (in 13 reviews)

• This means that there is very little work life balance outside of the higher echelons within Meggitt (in 7 reviews)

1. "No clear direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lax in hrs. Computers Monitors are nice

Cons

no management support, no communication to clear direction of the company. Too much higher Lead turn over. No accountability or follow thru to help resolve issues.

"Mechanical Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very stable and profitable company. Coworkers are a pleasure to work with, and I feel that the company overall has a direction moving forward. Pay was good, benefits and vacations were industry-standard.

Cons

From a design standpoint, technology is legacy and innovation is lacking. This is not necessarily the fault of the company, just the direction its taken. Management was oftentimes lacking.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to those directly beneath you. A manager who cares about what is going on will make your employees care more about their programs.

"Poor Culture"

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Good 401k, benefits, decent paid time off,

Cons

Poor work environment, bad work life balance

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Stop creating an environment where everyone is looking over their shoulder to avoid being stabbed in the back. Upper management don't listen to their employees and human resources always takes the side of management.

4. "très bien"

Former Employee - Employé Polyvalent in Villars-sur-Glâne (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Employé Polyvalent in Villars-sur-Glâne (Switzerland)

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

les horaires de travail était libres

Cons

il y avait pas d'inconvénients, j'aimé travailler la bas

"Worst company in the history of companies"

Pros

Nothing positive at all with this hell hole. Worst mistake of my life working there and resume killer as well

Cons

Everything is wrong with this company. Especially upper management. They need a house cleaning for this selfish inconsiderate and "professionals"...

Advice to Management

No comment.

"Monumentally poor at so many levels, especially at the corporate board level"

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Ok salary but stingy benefits.

Cons

Meggitt is a holding company with a board that has its collective head buried deep in the bean counter sand. Companies, even large MNCs, establish a sales budget for a financial year and then take corrective actions during the financial year to meet or exceed the targets. The Meggitt board make all the business units (BU) review and revise the budget 3 times during the financial year, with each revision preceded by pre-revisions. These budget revisions have Finance and Sales resources locked down for weeks on end to crunch numbers and produce incessant/mostly meaningless analysis, which essentially paralyses the BUs' ability to address sales gaps.
    Worse still, whatever conclusions that are derived from the analysis, the associated/stated corrective actions are mostly “decorations”, to be announced to the shareholders and the stock market. There is no will to action them. With a deeply ingrained bean counter mentality, the Meggitt board does not have the required product, customer and business knowledge to provide effective leadership to the BUs to synergise and grow the collective business.
    There is also the culture of hypocrisy in Meggitt towards the staff. While professing that the staff is the most important resource, Meggitt leadership routinely ignore the day-to-day challenges, functional bickering, poor coordination/efficiency, etc. that go on in BUs. Pleas to seek leadership support/guidance is commonly met with the “advise” to “sort it out yourself”. Some of the HR policies are downright draconian – less than an hour lunch time, fixed start and end time for lunch regardless of functions, biometric scanner at exits/entrances to track staff movements, etc.. Some Meggitt facilities can pass for concentration camps. Essentially staff are treated like consumables, to be squeezed and abused to maximize the leadership’s personal gain.

Advice to Management

Not to Meggitt management, but to management of companies that can potentially acquire Meggitt - buy Meggitt, retain the desired product lines/intellectual properties, and weed out the entire Meggitt board.

"Here I go again LITERALLY ON MY OWN"

I have been working at Meggitt full-time

Pros

There are weekends off

Cons

***currently employed by meggitt***
    I've just been moved to a completely failing program because no one knows what the heck they are doing, most of the things provided to work with is either expired or not in regulations... Management wants to hire their frat brothers who aren't educated enough to watch grass grow. I also worked with a gentleman who(I can't remember his name but I know he was military) was fired for being"over productive" they treat their employees like trash.... And supervisors literally have no idea how to do the job their own employees are doing. They hire drug addicts who passout in ovens and if police are called on said drug addict the one who called is suspended not the actual problem.

Advice to Management

Drug test regularly

"Shipping"

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits were fair. And every other Friday off.

Cons

Management from the top to bottom does not have a clue. They use a bandaid method. They don't listen to the employee, for they have a degree and dumber than a box of rocks. Plus they can't do the job. They don't even come out to see how things go through the plant. But to upper management they let the shop employees take the hit. Shame on the Meggitt office for letting these people run there business into the grown.

Advice to Management

Learn the jobs of you employees before you open you mouth and try to lead. The price of paper you have is only paper. Learn your job in the real world. Baltimore management need to go from the top all the way to supervision.

"Horrible Upper Management"

I have been working at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Benefits are ok. Sick days are nice.

Cons

Upper management has no organization skills. They only know how to make tge plant look pretty enough to pass off as a productive plant. Look a little deeper and find poor morale, dishonesty, a fraternity of friends, family and neighbors running the plant into the ground because they are unqualified for their positions and do not listen to skilled employees. The full story of what is happening at the Erlanger plant is hidden from customers and corporate visitors, but is obvious when you check into the hard numbers not the projected future earnings of contracts that were underbid in the first place. Break rooms are in open factory air. Locker rooms are embarrassingly disgusting.

Advice to Management

All of the upper management should be replaced. Most administrators should be removed as well. I would be suprised if this place isn't closed within a year.

"manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

there is nothing I can say that is good about that hell hole. I am sorry I wasted so much time there.

Cons

the company does not seem to care if their employees stay or go. when I left, there was two people in the room besides myself. all thru the interview not once was I asked why I was leaving (after 20 years of working for the company). What does tell you?

Advice to Management

management should pay more attenation to what their employees have to say as to what is making them leave. all I can say is "good luck" to the employees!!