Meggitt Reviews | Glassdoor

Meggitt Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Upper Management is out of touch with the floor workers (in 11 reviews)

• This means that there is very little work life balance outside of the higher echelons within Meggitt (in 6 reviews)

1. "Contracts Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company did provide good insurance benefits and the company closed down the week between Christmas and New Years Day.

Cons

The company's idea of "LEAN" is working with the bare minimum of individuals possible. There is no such thing as a 45 hour work week, the average is more like 50-60 hours. Of course, employees are salaried so there is no OT. Leadership left a lot to be desired and because of that, there was no focus on team efforts between departments let alone within specific departments.

There is a new CEO and I believe he sees things differently than in the past. With his guidance, I believe the company can turn around internally, but I anticipate that the results will not be seen for 3-5 years and that it won't happen without a lot of changes to upper management.

Advice to Management

To the CEO - I truly believe you see what needs to be done and are now starting to put those steps into place: 1) Replace old management thinking by empowering staff, 2) RESPECT staff, their ideas and opinions. I think you WILL make a difference in this company Mr. Young, but it is going to take time - I wish you great success as I believe the company has wonderful potential, but not with most of the current leadership (yourself being the exception).

2. "Horrible is an understatement"

Pros

None I can think off. Maybe 401k that's about it

Cons

Plenty. Management just flat out sucks. Went downhill faster than anything I have seen and well deserved due to greed

Advice to Management

Can write so much but won't waste my time.

3. "Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The idea of the product is cool

People are nice for the most part

Cons

Expect 70+ hour work weeks.

Poor time management.

Too much bean counting.

They put no effort into understanding the technology behind their product or in the simulation field. They still think Playstation 2 type graphics are "cutting edge".

No attempts to improve their software they just sell it.

Management is not very technical.

People literally stand over your shoulder to watch you work.

Not a highly educated company.

Extremely political like fox news rush limbaugh types.

Not a lot of career growth from a technical standpoint.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over this time actually invest in your solution.

"administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very nice to work with

Cons

management does not know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

would not recommend working for this organization

6. "UK Leadership curtails US ambitions"

Current Employee - Manager in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

salary was just 5% under market rates

Cons

Parking was lousy, had to walk through a pre WWI machine shop just to get to the office. No place to eat around there , UK Leadership was only around to eliminate jobs, provided no strategy, MIS was undependable. Just average on benefits and run down offices.

Advice to Management

Let the US Manage themselves, quit interfering with things you know nothing about.

7. "Global Sales Director"

Current Employee - Global Sales Director in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Global Sales Director in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Meggitt (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not sure as there are not many as focus of business in not in line with employee needs. Swiss run

Cons

No focus on energy business

8. "Meggitt doesn't appreciate their employees."

Former Employee - Administration in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Administration in Irvine, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The "little" people are great, people who have been there for over 20 years! Benefits are good. New Building is very nice.

Cons

The workload is excruciating. People get laid off or let go and the people who are left have to absorb the work to get it done. The manpower needs to be increased!

Advice to Management

Hire more people to get the job done. That is why mistakes are being made left and right. Not enough people for the workload. You can't seem to keep management! It's because of the crazy and heavy workload and hours.

9. "Unhappy work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Meggitt (More than a year)

Pros

Made several long lasting friendships with co-workers. Learned how to lead people in and out of my department and helped them grow within their jobs.

Cons

A top heavy company that is behind the times in both external and internal business. A global company that each site operates as their own individual sites. Sad to see a company that could potentially grow and be competitive but will not reach that goal based on upper management trying to win popularity contests with each other.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about your next promotion and worry about the people working for you. If you start losing followers you are no longer considered a leader.

"Seems to have lost Its way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some great people are still left but unfortunately these are reducing in numbers after rounds of lay-offs. The technology is good and the building in Irvine is newly fitted out and spacious.

Cons

Business seemed on right track but management team was switched again - happens every 24 months it seems! The President - Chakraborty is a bullying egomaniac - read reviews at Securaplane from his time there. Future looks gloomy and people are looking for the exits.

Advice to Management

Step aside before you ruin a proud company.

"Fire fighter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

There are no pros to working in this facility.

Cons

There are so many cons to work here: upper and lower management disconnect; management and office personnel disconnect. There is no encouragement to flourish, except to get more money for the company. I should put on my resume I am a fire fighter since that is all I do every day. HR is copacetic to the mediocre attitude. High turn over in management; In 2.5 years, there were two sales managers, three operations manager and one customer service manager. People are disgruntled and frustrated, no raises-only cents on the dollar.

Salary is low and benefits will cost you.

I took this job because I was told by there different people the day of the interview that there were many opportunities for advancement. That was a flat out lie. There are zero opportunities to grow.

Don't waste your time and run the other way the fastest possible. This facility will eat you up and leave you lifeless.

Advice to Management

Stop giving yourselves longer titles, higher salaries when the actual employees are struggling to make ends meet.