Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with" (in 27 reviews)

• "There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management" (in 17 reviews)

• "Fast paced and deadlines based works/projects" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Supply Chain"

Current Employee - Senior Purchasing in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Purchasing in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Melaleuca for 20+ years and I love working here. I love the work environment and the associates I get to work with daily. I feel that my position is very important to Melaleuca and get told that often. I also get to work with other departments within the company and feel I have a voice when it comes to concerns or ideas when making decisions for the company. I feel that the management team is very knowledgeable and helps employees grow in their career. There is a very clear career path and Melaleuca loves to promote from within. I plan to work at Melaleuca until retirement and because of the wonderful benefits and opportunities, plan to retire and have a wonderful retirement because of the benefits given to me while employed at Melaleuca. I have had numerous jobs prior to working at Melaleuca and I would honestly say that this is the best place to work period! I have seen Melaleuca grow from a small company in the early 90’s to a large employer now and I have to say it has been exciting and challenging both to see this growth and be a part of it along the way. Melaleuca has great employee benefits with Long Term Employment Bonuses, 401K, Vacation, Health Insurance options, On Site Restaurant / Café, Fitness Center, Daycare, Employee parties and others. If you want a work environment that is fast paced, you feel engaged in the business and business decisions and involvement and a company with a lot of Integrity, Melaleuca is an awesome place to be.

Cons

Melaleuca is a place to work and to work hard. It is not a place that you can expect to come to work to relax and just breeze by. It is a very fast paced environment and we work hard and get rewarded for hard work. There are stressful times because of the hard work but the rewards way outweighs the stress levels. There are also times when the work load requires that we stay late or work past our scheduled times. But in those events, management is always willing to work with us to let us off a little early when we need to leave as long as the work is done. Once again, not a lot of cons for working here other than knowing it is a very fast paced environment where the workload is probably a little heavier than other places but the benefits and rewards I feel are greater in the end.

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-After working in publicly traded companies for twenty years, I assumed that companies behaved one way for the public and another behind closed doors. That is the furthest thing from what actually happens at Melaleuca. What this company communicates to our customers and our employees is exactly the same as what is discussed behind closed doors. I value the high level of integrity and principle-centered culture.
    - My experience is that Melaleuca is very particular about the talent they hire. The result is a group of extremely talented and passionate individuals with whom I get to work and learn from each day.
    -In a rapidly changing business climate, a company that operates debt-free, has not done any layoffs, and is well positioned for strong future growth is almost unheard of. I love the feeling of a secure work environment.
    - Our family moved to Idaho Falls from a big city two years ago. We were concerned about the smaller community and yet it has been a great change for our family to reconnect, simplify, and fall in love with the amazing outdoors. There isn't a better place to raise a family who loves to spend time together than in Idaho!

Cons

Melaleuca's strong culture values face to face interaction for most day- to- day business. An individual who demands a remote working environment will be disappointed to find that isn't the way we work. A candidate that values a high level of engagement, strong working relationships, and a face-to-face work environment will be pleased with the way that we collaborate. It is important to note that flexibility is alive and well at Melaleuca affording me the opportunity to attend important family events while still managing an awesome career.

"Events Manager"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with awesome benefits, strong management team, hard working and caring employees, and a mission statement that is truly exemplified throughout the company inside and out.

Cons

Not your typical 8-5 job. Tasks/projects may require additional hours of work and can be stressful at times but the great work environment definitely makes up for it.

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Sales in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly environment
    Great positive culture
    Opportunities for growth
    Management team has the best interest for their employees
    Great benefits (401k, health insurance, longevity bonus, etc)

Cons

It is a fast paced environment that will challenge you. Deadlines are common and keep you stay up on your toes. If you don't like challenges and improving yourself this is probably not a place for you.

5. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company culture is terrific. Each day I truly feel that I am here to enhance lives by helping people reach their goals. The pay and benefits are good for the area but the best benefit is the culture to put your family first. You work hard but the reward is that you are home in a timely manner each day to ensure you are spending quality time with those you love.

Cons

You work hard and sometimes long hours to complete your job duties especially during January and May. The company does what they can to make sure that you are appreciated with gift cards and company events.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have some additional time off for those who are asked to work Saturdays and Sundays for time spent at events in January and May.

6. "Melaleuca, a Secure Place for a Successful Career"

Current Employee - Director in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Director in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Melaleuca for 5 years and I'd have to say it's passed my expectations. When reviewing roles and positions, the best advice I could give to someone looking at Melaleuca is that any role or job could be a stepping stone to your next career advancement. Internal promotions are common for those who work hard and show the desire to work towards being a level 5 leader. Melaleuca management is full of hard working professionals with successful careers and families. I have felt like they've been mindful of family events and things that go on outside of work. Overall, my wife loves the company. My children love the company and especially the family outings like the summer picnic. Melaleuca is well respected in the community and it feels good knowing that I'm at a place that will be around for a long time.

Cons

Melaleuca treats us well and also expects us to work. Sometimes the days are long, but not all the time. Sometimes I have to make sure the job is done and done well, but that's pretty normal of most jobs I believe.

"Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

I would have never believed that 21 years later I would still be working for such a fabulous company. I have no desire to go anywhere else. It pushes me to excel, to do better and be better. I must admit that there are times when it is challenging and hard but it has made me a better employee and co-worker. When positions become available I try to share the information with family and friends.

Cons

Nothing, other than sometimes long hours

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Melaleuca for a little over 3 years, and it’s been a great company to build a career with. Melaleuca was my first professional level job after graduating with my Bachelor’s degree, and I’ve been given so many opportunities to grow and contribute in ways beyond what I initially expected, and I don’t feel that is unique to my experience. The variety of projects I’ve worked on, the scope and impact of those projects, and the exposure to upper management is something I don’t think I would have gotten in 3 years at any other company. It has challenged and developed me exactly as I’d hoped.

Cons

Melaleuca has grown so quickly, making the work environment very fast-paced and challenging. I also feel that rapid growth has slightly left behind some of the processes and practices. I’ve found I like to work with a sense of urgency and I like that there are opportunities to stand out as someone who brings forward new ideas for improved efficiency and change. If you’re not comfortable with the stress that sometimes accompanies, it may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Put your trust in team members who manage and experience their areas daily and be open to ideas for improvements that come your way. Continue providing the amazing benefits we receive as employees!

"Wish I would have found Melaleuca sooner..."

Current Employee - Information Technology in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard to list them all! I have worked with and for major tech companies throughout my 20 year IT career. None of them compare to Melaleuca. Melaleuca is a multi-billion international enterprise that has some amazing technology needs, and I get to work with all of them. I am not stoved piped into a function where I am doing the same thing every day. As new challenges are presented, I get to explore and build the solutions that are the right fit for Melaleuca. Benefits are awesome, Melaleuca has an amazing onsight restaurant that has a real Chef, onsight gym, a service that will run errands for you. Huge focus on doing the right thing and taking care of people, not just our own customers. World Class products that are safe for my family and the environment. I have been promoted and received good raises over the years. Management is fair and appreciative when they see results from hard work. I hope that this is the last company I ever work for.

Cons

No place is perfect. If I had to come up with a con I would say that if you are the type of person that wants to settle into a job and do the least amount possible you would feel out of place. Melaleuca has accomplished great things by not sitting around. IT is a fast paced environment that has to keep pace with the speed of business technology in 19 different countries. Normal growing pains exist but are usually addressed in an appropriate timeframe. With growth comes new technology challenges, and Melaleuca is growing fast so you can’t be afraid of hard work.

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of your team members and Melaleuca will continue to have great success.

10. "Fast-paced in-house creative agency"

Current Employee - Designer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Designer in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s unusual to find such a robust in-house creative team. Designers, photographers, writers, translators, and brand marketers work together on a daily basis. In addition to the traditional corporate design work, we support dozens of global brands. We develop brand identities and packaging, design editorial pieces and advertisements, and we create amazing booths and event graphics for our annual convention.

Cons

This is a fast-paced, high-performance team. If you are the type of designer that likes to take it easy and can’t handle the pressure of deadlines and important projects, this may not be a good fit for you. We work hard.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a more creative environment for the design team. Color, art, sound, and light all provide more inspiration for us right-brained people.