Melaleuca Reviews

Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Melaleuca and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Company

May 15, 2022 - Business Solutions Supervisor in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic coworkers, $90 worth of products each month for each employee, amazing benefits, vast opportunities to gain new skill sets, and a great and approachable executive management team

Cons

Longevity is a common theme with employees at melaleuca. Although it’s great for the company it hinders promotional opportunities to high level positions

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid Company and a Great Place to Work

May 3, 2022 - Transportation Engineer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment at Melaleuca is positive and conducive to growth if you are willing to work hard. The company is solid and constantly growing. The pay and benefits are competitive. The people are excellent; they are smart, highly motivated, friendly, and genuinely care if you succeed. I feel like the company really has my back and wants me to succeed. There are many long-time employees who are very loyal to the company.

Cons

Sometimes the schedule can be challenging and unpredictable. Communication between upper management and supervisors seems broken at times and the flow of information often doesn't seem to happen.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company, Great People

Jan 11, 2022 - Copywriter II in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for 25 years in different types of writing and project management jobs. I worked at four companies that were national industry leaders, and for many smaller companies as a freelancer. Working at Melaleuca really combines the best features of the big and small companies. It's a big enough company that there’s a major league feeling to the work that you do. Yet the feeling in the office at Global Headquarters, is like working at a small company, where people get to know one another personally, care about who you are outside of your work role, and treat you with the respect you'd expect from even the most remote relatives at the Thanksgiving table. I've never been as happy as I am with my co-workers. They're intelligent, genuine and humble. The management has cultivated a good group of leaders who are more about getting the job done than about getting credit. Even early in my tenure, I felt I could ask questions or offer opinions of even the most senior manager in my group. And I find it interesting that many of the people in the company came in by working at the call center and found opportunities and mentors to help them grow in their careers. That says a lot to me about the behind-the-scenes values at the company. It’s a good place to build your career, or good environment to transfer into with experience. It’s also a company with a good work/life balance. I’m extremely happy to have found it at this stage of my life, where I’ve got other responsibilities as a parent.

Cons

I work at the Idaho headquarters. Winters here are cold. I wish they'd open a satellite office in Hawaii.

4. 5.0

I've found a home

Apr 26, 2022 - Sales in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Melaleuca is guided by a mission statement that is a part of everyone and everything we do at Melaleuca - it isn't just a sign on the wall. This strong culture, in part, attracts top-tier talent which means you get to work with an incredible team of individuals at Melaleuca - who are bright and care! My family loves the products we develop and produce and I love my job. It's great to have finally found a home at Melaleuca.

Cons

As a family owned company with a strong culture, many employees choose to work their entire career at Melaleuca which means you have to be willing to work really hard to stand out and shine due to low turnover.

5. 5.0

Melaleuca Manufacturing Quality

Apr 13, 2022 - Associate Engineer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have always been impressed with how important product quality and customer satisfaction are at Melaleuca. I work on the manufacturing side of the business and have also been a customer since working here. I have often heard from other people that after working at another company, they would never be a customer of the company because they saw the manufacturing conditions of that company. Melaleuca always keeps the highest quality for all manufacturing steps of their products.

Cons

Melaleuca has grown so quickly over the years that it is hard to keep up with the growth in all aspects. For example, in Manufacturing, the growth pushes us to get even more efficient with the facilities and equipment that we have to keep up with the continued growth at Melaleuca.

6. 5.0

Excellent Company with a Family Feel

May 8, 2022 - Senior SharePoint Solutions Specialist in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay Great Benefits PTO Excellent Growth opportunities Great family activities and community involvement!

Cons

Career training. While there is a lot of opportunity for growth with the company much of the training is Melaleuca specific and less industry training. I'd love to see more industry training.

7. 5.0

We get the job done

Apr 22, 2022 - IP Senior Warehouse Coordinator in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get all the products shipped out to our customers in a very timely manner. We move many different items with great urgency as required to get items in place to fill all orders.

Cons

working toward getting more of our facilities in a centralized campus type configuration. We will get there, but currently have to utilize trucking to move our inventory from many different areas.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great family oriented company, great benefits

Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Living in Southeastern Idaho there isn’t a better place to work. You’re allowed to get deep in the trenches in your area of expertise gaining tons of experience and the ability to work with many departments within the company. Many opportunities for advancement within the company. Family is first. Many benefits that make you feel valued.

Cons

The location can be a downfall for those that enjoy bigger city living. This isn’t the place for you if you don’t enjoy the outdoors and smaller towns.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company but it Could be Great

Mar 29, 2022 - R&D Research Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are kind, Work Hours and Expectations are Clear, Pay is better than most things in the area, the employee's interests are considered in several business decisions. Also, the brand is international so there is a lot of communication between people from so many backgrounds, which is interesting and neat.

Cons

Pay is on the low end of national average for the work. The company has very conservative values but supports a healthy lifestyle and a healthy environment. People leave and their work is distributed amongst the team for an indeterminate amount of time ("just until we fill the position" - six months ago), Progressing straight up the ladder of promotion is difficult and takes longer than it should.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Job security and double time

May 4, 2022 - Meterial Handler in Knoxville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good benefit's and double-time

Cons

Lots of hours and bad communication

Viewing 1 - 10 of 568 Reviews

Melaleuca Reviews FAQs

Melaleuca has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 622 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Melaleuca to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Melaleuca employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Melaleuca. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

83% of Melaleuca employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Melaleuca 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Melaleuca to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Melaleuca Job Seekers