Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with" (in 26 reviews)

• "There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management" (in 17 reviews)

• "Melaleuca is an intense fast paced environment, and at times it can be stressful" (in 8 reviews)

"Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked for many companies in my career, I have finally found a company that has the same values as I do! The culture encourages you to be Honest, Open, Candid, and allow you to participate in all aspects of the company if you have thoughts to bring up. From the Upper Management to my direct manager I know that they have not only my concerns at heart, but also our customers and the company growths best interest at heart. It has been refreshing to see these values put into place over the years, they truly not only talk the talk, but walk the walk!

Cons

Expecting excellence in a company requires certain expectations. If you are not use to performing at high levels, this may be uncomfortable for you. The workload is usually very full and at times you'll have some pressure to the timelines and expectations that you are responsible for. There are departments that are required to work many long hours during our busy times of the month due to our business model,. These include 2-3 days where you could work anywhere from 8-14 hours each of those days to ensure our customers are taken care of.

Advice to Management

It has been refreshing to be included in decision making and continually being notified of what the state of the business is. Continue this in the future as you get more buy in from employees as we can see the end goal in mind and many times it's something one of us has come up with.

2. "shipping associate"

Former Employee - Shipping and Receiving Associate in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Shipping and Receiving Associate in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Melaleuca part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay was decent for part time work, 90$ product voucher (doesnt go far seeing as products are so expensive)

Cons

job listing on indeed was not accurate representation of hours nor during interview was it stated that we worked that many weekends also month end was told to me as being the 28th thru the 9th of the next month, with 10 hr shifts, turned into starting at the 25th of the month thru the 12-13-14-15 depending on company needs, I realize company needs are as is, but when your hired in for part time hours then it should be just that and also a schedule was given to all part timers and the whole month of november was expected for part timers to work the whole month of november, again not the original hours stated on interview also no benefits for part timers working that many hours, not same for part timers as for the full time workers.

Advice to Management

quit lying on job sites to get people to fall for the no week end work, only working 28-9th of the following month when its way more than that expected. no where to advance for part timers expected to do all other work no one else wants to do for the time your there.

3. "Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

Product check, Retirement plan, company celebrations, cafe

Cons

Difficult for long time employees to negotiate promotions or raises. Salaried employees work long hours.

Advice to Management

Significant offers are made to attract new employees, and to keep talented employees from leaving the company. However, long term employees often struggle to negotiate raises or pormotions because they have no leverage.

4. "Great work environment. Amazing culture."

Current Employee - International Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - International Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Melaleuca takes care of its employees, provides diverse career and growth opportunities. I have enjoyed working in projects with cross functional teams. Leadership team has provided me with opportunities that best fits my skills and interests.

Cons

Fast paced and deadlines based works/projects. But it comes with working in a multinational company that operates in 16 different countries.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of enhancing lives.

"Melaleuca"

Current Employee - Manager in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission Statement, employees are kind and want to help each other, work hard but also like to have a good time. There is a focus to help others become better.

Cons

Have to wear slacks and nice shirt.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I feel that my well being is considered in decisions. In addition to that I love that when I need something I justify it and options are presented. Keep doing that.

"Row Row Row your boat"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is incredibly good at rowing. He holds 2 world records for the 100m row in the 65-69 and 70+ age divisions. He rows at company events. He has seen to it that there are half a dozen rowing machines at the fitness center, and several more scattered in rooms throughout the main office building. From time to time he’ll throw down rowing challenges and take you to lunch if you beat him. He just made a public announcement that he would step down as CEO if he failed to clinch the world record for the 70+ division, because if you can’t set a world record for rowing as a 70 year old - how can you possibly be fit to run a billion dollar company?

If you’re looking for a company that is passionate about rowing, THIS is the place for you! Seriously, the company that makes the rowing machines has nothing on Melaleuca when it comes to passion about rowing!

Cons

If having a CEO with a bizarre obsession for rowing isn’t the main thing you’re looking for in an employer, this is an absolutely miserable place to work.

Low and stagnant pay, way behind in terms of technology (just check out their website - hasn’t changed in 20 years), terrible culture of control and intimidation from upper management, extremely bureaucratic and political, over-priced gimmicky products, and just plain weird. It’s all about appearances. Over promise, under deliver - to customers, employees, whoever. Always be selling.

You may be required to attend FB live events about rowing if there aren’t enough people who volunteer to show support for the CEO’s public display of his dominant rowing prowess.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is completely pointless at Melaleuca. Same complaints come up in every employee survey. Nothing changes.

Keep rowing Melaleuca. Keep rowing.

"Melaleuca is a fun place to work. I love all the opportunities for growth and how goal oriented they are."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Melaleuca works with your school schedule so you can finish your degree and work.

Cons

The end of the month can be really busy and is hard to get time off.

Advice to Management

Stay friendly! Management never makes you feel lower than them. They are always interested in your life. I really love how they manage their teams.. They have the best attitude about helping others reach their goals.

"Customer Service manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gym, Food, a real drink the koolaid culture

Cons

Pay below industry standard, unilateral decisions so be on board even if it sounds crazy

"Great for those seeking stress filled careers."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelley, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelley, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Quiet area, and away from big cities.

Cons

Their implementation of waterfall makes me cringe. You work in a near constant state of panic and are left constantly wondering where the company is going. IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management.

Advice to Management

Recognize your IT staff are valuable assets that are difficult to replace because of your location and pay. Figure out how to better manage your projects to reduce stress in the work environment.

"Best job!"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free $90 product, Over time is given, 10 hours of PTO each month, paid holidays, minimal weekend works, profit sharing, mailing service available, free errand service and much more!

Cons

In some cases out dated computers and programs