Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with (in 26 reviews)

• This is a very nice paying job for rexburg, they have great benefits for full time employees, and the people there are genuinely nice (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the objectives and goals from upper management aren't clearly discussed with employees (in 15 reviews)

• It can also be very stressful and fast-paced (in 7 reviews)

1. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Spanish Customer Service in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Spanish Customer Service in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very nice paying job for rexburg, they have great benefits for full time employees, and the people there are genuinely nice.

Cons

Little vacation and sick days, numbers based culture, required overtime, your satisfaction will be based largely off of who your supervisor is.

"Exceptional Company for a Long-term Career"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Melaleuca has exceeded my expectations in more ways that can be listed. I have built my career with Melaleuca over the past 10+ years and have continued to develop through role and responsibility. Melaleuca has an outstanding culture, which is built on strong principles, rewards those that are hard-working and dedicated, and I know they truly care. I have personally experienced countless opportunities, both personally and financially, through my journey with Melaleuca.

Cons

Melaleuca has high expectations, which has stretched me to learn healthy practices in prioritization and efficient execution. Some may consider the level of work above normal. I personally have found those that are successful at growing their careers at Melaleuca thrive in this environment, the work and progress is highly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Please continue to develop strategies to help others see the value in what their career can look like at Melaleuca.

3. "Incredible company that will help develop you and your career!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Melaleuca has been a big part of my life for over 8 years now. I have held many responsibilities in my time here and each role has developed me in a different way. Each job has taught me and prepared me for the next. My career has thrived because of great management, many opportunities to shadow talented individuals and then opportunities to try myself.

I truly have felt that this company strives to give its customers as well as its employees the best experience. Executive management is involved and open to listen to ideas as they work along side each department. I have never experienced this in any other company.

It is a great, wholesome work environment with many opportunities.

Cons

I have found that in all of my roles that much is expected of me and in order to learn and perform well I have had to put in the time. Many of the projects I have been involved with require time and effort above what some would call a normal work schedule, sometimes not being the most convenient but definitely rewarding. Although the work is often pressing, Melaleuca has an "all hands on deck" culture that makes the work fun and the results are phenomenal.

Advice to Management

Please continue to give your employees opportunities to step up and move forward in their careers.

4. "Company has a "cool" vibe but..."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They try to have a "cool" vibe with games, TV's in the breakrooms, etc.

Cons

Very disorganized, chaotic at times. A lot of "hurry up and wait."

"Incredible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Melaleuca because the company is built on wonderful values and is employee-focused. I have had so many growth opportunities in my career working here. I am actually a return employee to Melaleuca. I worked for them fresh out of college for a few years, and then I went and got some more education and experience and returned because I loved working for them so much. I actually get excited to come to work each morning! I think that’s when you know you’re in the right place! I love the leadership and the close proximity they are to me. The department heads sit among their people so they are readily available. It’s pretty incredible, really. I feel mentored and trusted in my role. I have worked for many bosses, and my boss here cares about my success more than any other boss I have ever had, and I think that rings true for the majority of management. I truly feel like I grow every day and continue to be given projects and work that push me to be better. I have never loved working for another company more than I do today.

Cons

I work a lot. I love working! But, there is a lot required at my job. The work does ebb and flow, but it’s a demanding place to work. I am busy every single day, which keeps me on my toes. There are high expectations put upon employees. If you like to be in a super fast-paced environment, then the demands aren’t a con. If you want to sit around and be relaxed all day, Melaleuca is not the place for you. It’s definitely a place that requires a lot of their employees and some days are extremely stressful. I love to work hard, but there are times that my work takes away from balancing my personal life.

Advice to Management

Employee recognition means so much. The little things make a huge difference, so please keep it up. I even think management could do a better job with recognition overall.

"Great Opportunity to Build a Longterm Career"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My career at Melaleuca began many years ago in an entry level position assisting customers with their orders. When I first started I thought, this will be a great job to get me through school, but what I didn’t realize at the time was what an amazing company Melaleuca was. Boy were my eyes opened quickly to what a great culture the company offered, and what great people I got to work with and learn from. I have had so many opportunities to learn new things and have grown so much personally and professionally by the things I have been able to accomplish. I have loved the recognition that I have received from the thank you notes, gift cards, tickets to Jazz games and trips from the CEO to Alaska and Hawaii. It is great to work for such an amazing company and know that if I give it my all I will be recognized for it.

Cons

Melaleuca is a very busy place and it can get stressful because employees are given a lot of responsibility. There are times when I have to remind myself about work-life balance because I have so much to do.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the great culture. Never lose the family friendly atmosphere. My family looks forward to the employee events like the picnic and Christmas party. Keep providing opportunities for employees to learn and grow.

"Great opportunities for great performers"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Those who like to perform, think of new possibilities, rise to the challenge and push ahead do well at Melaleuca. Melaleuca appreciates and rewards people who want to improve and invent new ways to make things better. If you have a desire to learn, develop and contribute with the opportunity to promote, this is a great place to work.

Cons

The culture promotes a fast paced atmosphere. Pressure and deadlines can make it a stressful place at times but this can also push people to grow to levels they would not have achieved otherwise.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward those who care and work hard to do their best. Great satisfaction comes from a good pat on the back.

"Melaleuca is great place to work!"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

Melaleuca has given me the opportunity to be part of a growing company with hardworking and dedicated employees and leadership. I have had the opportunity to work directly with upper management and to learn from them. When you step up and take ownership to lead improvement, management recognizes the individuals responsible for making the improvements. The culture at Melaleuca is structured around hard work and this culture has permeated the entire organization.

Cons

Melaleuca is an intense fast paced environment, and at times it can be stressful. If you are not ready to move at the pace required, it is difficult to keep up.

"A great place to work... Melaleuca"

Current Employee - Director in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was recruited from the Phoenix area, and have loved both Idaho Falls and Melaleuca. My position is challenging with interaction with all teams within the Company. I have autonomy to propose new ideas and work with executive level feedback to get them approved.

Teams are a strong focus of Melaleuca, and our work team is exceptional. We are respectful of each other as well as helping each other grow, develop and prosper. We challenge each other and celebrate accomplishments when we achieve our goals.

We are also an event-focused company, with multiple events for team members and our families including a July 4th celebration for the entire community that is second to none. Melaleuca also has a yearly Christmas party, team member picnic, 5k run and many other events. Also, the outdoor hiking, fishing and snow activities are exceptional - all close by.

In short, if you like a highly involved team culture, with room for growth - Melaleuca is a great company. From my perspective as a ~ 2 year team member, this is a great place to work.

Cons

As mentioned, we have an "extra mile" culture - that expects growth and achievement. Occasionally, this gets challenging - and can be occasionally stretch your work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep us growing and providing us new career opportunities.

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

Melaleuca is a great place to work and takes care of its employees. The people that I work with on a daily basis are excellent. The company is definitely family friendly. Based on my own experience, I was given a variety of responsibilities shortly after starting with the company. This has helped me develop and grow personally, and has been a great learning experience for me in my professional career. One of the best parts of my job is identifying areas of opportunity for the company and driving the analysis, decision making, and implementation of my ideas to help Melaleuca operate more efficiently.

Cons

Melaleuca expects a lot out of its employees. There are definitely times when the typical 40 hour work week is not achievable. For job seekers that are looking for a clock-in, clock-out, 40 hour per week job, realistically, Melaleuca is not the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture that Melaleuca has of recognition and celebrating success. I have really enjoyed going to Jazz games, team building activities, Company picnic, Christmas party, gift cards, and simple thank you’s.