Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with (in 26 reviews)

• This is a very nice paying job for rexburg, they have great benefits for full time employees, and the people there are genuinely nice (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the objectives and goals from upper management aren't clearly discussed with employees (in 15 reviews)

• It can also be very stressful and fast-paced (in 7 reviews)

1. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Spanish Customer Service in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Spanish Customer Service in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very nice paying job for rexburg, they have great benefits for full time employees, and the people there are genuinely nice.

Cons

Little vacation and sick days, numbers based culture, required overtime, your satisfaction will be based largely off of who your supervisor is.

2. "IT"

Pros

If you must have a paycheck, they do hire.

Cons

Extremely top-down, hierarchical management structure.

3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Consumer Evaluator in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Senior Consumer Evaluator in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are awesome, People in H.O. are great, Owner, Ideals

Cons

Pay isn't great if you're not considered "management". While I worked 19 years for the company I hit a dead end in pay and the advancement in my position was unclear to me for years.

Advice to Management

Treat the people who have dedicated their lives to Melaleuca by paying them what you're hiring new people at instead of making them work 5 years just to catch up.

4. "No respect for current employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

You will always know what to expect.

Cons

This company, while claiming to promote family values, they will hire from the outside instead of promote from within. If you want a stagnant position with no room for growth, this is the company for you.

"Exceptional Company for a Long-term Career"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Melaleuca has exceeded my expectations in more ways that can be listed. I have built my career with Melaleuca over the past 10+ years and have continued to develop through role and responsibility. Melaleuca has an outstanding culture, which is built on strong principles, rewards those that are hard-working and dedicated, and I know they truly care. I have personally experienced countless opportunities, both personally and financially, through my journey with Melaleuca.

Cons

Melaleuca has high expectations, which has stretched me to learn healthy practices in prioritization and efficient execution. Some may consider the level of work above normal. I personally have found those that are successful at growing their careers at Melaleuca thrive in this environment, the work and progress is highly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Please continue to develop strategies to help others see the value in what their career can look like at Melaleuca.

6. "Incredible company that will help develop you and your career!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Melaleuca has been a big part of my life for over 8 years now. I have held many responsibilities in my time here and each role has developed me in a different way. Each job has taught me and prepared me for the next. My career has thrived because of great management, many opportunities to shadow talented individuals and then opportunities to try myself.

I truly have felt that this company strives to give its customers as well as its employees the best experience. Executive management is involved and open to listen to ideas as they work along side each department. I have never experienced this in any other company.

It is a great, wholesome work environment with many opportunities.

Cons

I have found that in all of my roles that much is expected of me and in order to learn and perform well I have had to put in the time. Many of the projects I have been involved with require time and effort above what some would call a normal work schedule, sometimes not being the most convenient but definitely rewarding. Although the work is often pressing, Melaleuca has an "all hands on deck" culture that makes the work fun and the results are phenomenal.

Advice to Management

Please continue to give your employees opportunities to step up and move forward in their careers.

"Company has a "cool" vibe but..."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They try to have a "cool" vibe with games, TV's in the breakrooms, etc.

Cons

Very disorganized, chaotic at times. A lot of "hurry up and wait."

"Melaleuca is great place to work!"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

Melaleuca has given me the opportunity to be part of a growing company with hardworking and dedicated employees and leadership. I have had the opportunity to work directly with upper management and to learn from them. When you step up and take ownership to lead improvement, management recognizes the individuals responsible for making the improvements. The culture at Melaleuca is structured around hard work and this culture has permeated the entire organization.

Cons

Melaleuca is an intense fast paced environment, and at times it can be stressful. If you are not ready to move at the pace required, it is difficult to keep up.

"Incredible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Melaleuca because the company is built on wonderful values and is employee-focused. I have had so many growth opportunities in my career working here. I am actually a return employee to Melaleuca. I worked for them fresh out of college for a few years, and then I went and got some more education and experience and returned because I loved working for them so much. I actually get excited to come to work each morning! I think that’s when you know you’re in the right place! I love the leadership and the close proximity they are to me. The department heads sit among their people so they are readily available. It’s pretty incredible, really. I feel mentored and trusted in my role. I have worked for many bosses, and my boss here cares about my success more than any other boss I have ever had, and I think that rings true for the majority of management. I truly feel like I grow every day and continue to be given projects and work that push me to be better. I have never loved working for another company more than I do today.

Cons

I work a lot. I love working! But, there is a lot required at my job. The work does ebb and flow, but it’s a demanding place to work. I am busy every single day, which keeps me on my toes. There are high expectations put upon employees. If you like to be in a super fast-paced environment, then the demands aren’t a con. If you want to sit around and be relaxed all day, Melaleuca is not the place for you. It’s definitely a place that requires a lot of their employees and some days are extremely stressful. I love to work hard, but there are times that my work takes away from balancing my personal life.

Advice to Management

Employee recognition means so much. The little things make a huge difference, so please keep it up. I even think management could do a better job with recognition overall.

"Great Opportunity to Build a Longterm Career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My career at Melaleuca began many years ago in an entry level position assisting customers with their orders. When I first started I thought, this will be a great job to get me through school, but what I didn’t realize at the time was what an amazing company Melaleuca was. Boy were my eyes opened quickly to what a great culture the company offered, and what great people I got to work with and learn from. I have had so many opportunities to learn new things and have grown so much personally and professionally by the things I have been able to accomplish. I have loved the recognition that I have received from the thank you notes, gift cards, tickets to Jazz games and trips from the CEO to Alaska and Hawaii. It is great to work for such an amazing company and know that if I give it my all I will be recognized for it.

Cons

Melaleuca is a very busy place and it can get stressful because employees are given a lot of responsibility. There are times when I have to remind myself about work-life balance because I have so much to do.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the great culture. Never lose the family friendly atmosphere. My family looks forward to the employee events like the picnic and Christmas party. Keep providing opportunities for employees to learn and grow.