Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with" (in 26 reviews)

• "There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management" (in 16 reviews)

• "Melaleuca is an intense fast paced environment, and at times it can be stressful" (in 8 reviews)

"Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked for many companies in my career, I have finally found a company that has the same values as I do! The culture encourages you to be Honest, Open, Candid, and allow you to participate in all aspects of the company if you have thoughts to bring up. From the Upper Management to my direct manager I know that they have not only my concerns at heart, but also our customers and the company growths best interest at heart. It has been refreshing to see these values put into place over the years, they truly not only talk the talk, but walk the walk!

Cons

Expecting excellence in a company requires certain expectations. If you are not use to performing at high levels, this may be uncomfortable for you. The workload is usually very full and at times you'll have some pressure to the timelines and expectations that you are responsible for. There are departments that are required to work many long hours during our busy times of the month due to our business model,. These include 2-3 days where you could work anywhere from 8-14 hours each of those days to ensure our customers are taken care of.

Advice to Management

It has been refreshing to be included in decision making and continually being notified of what the state of the business is. Continue this in the future as you get more buy in from employees as we can see the end goal in mind and many times it's something one of us has come up with.

2. "Great work environment. Amazing culture."

Current Employee - International Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - International Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Melaleuca takes care of its employees, provides diverse career and growth opportunities. I have enjoyed working in projects with cross functional teams. Leadership team has provided me with opportunities that best fits my skills and interests.

Cons

Fast paced and deadlines based works/projects. But it comes with working in a multinational company that operates in 16 different countries.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of enhancing lives.

"Melaleuca"

Current Employee - Manager in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission Statement, employees are kind and want to help each other, work hard but also like to have a good time. There is a focus to help others become better.

Cons

Have to wear slacks and nice shirt.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I feel that my well being is considered in decisions. In addition to that I love that when I need something I justify it and options are presented. Keep doing that.

"Melaleuca is a fun place to work. I love all the opportunities for growth and how goal oriented they are."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Melaleuca works with your school schedule so you can finish your degree and work.

Cons

The end of the month can be really busy and is hard to get time off.

Advice to Management

Stay friendly! Management never makes you feel lower than them. They are always interested in your life. I really love how they manage their teams.. They have the best attitude about helping others reach their goals.

"Customer Service manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gym, Food, a real drink the koolaid culture

Cons

Pay below industry standard, unilateral decisions so be on board even if it sounds crazy

"Best job!"

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free $90 product, Over time is given, 10 hours of PTO each month, paid holidays, minimal weekend works, profit sharing, mailing service available, free errand service and much more!

Cons

In some cases out dated computers and programs

"-"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Melaleuca (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Employee Recognition while working

Cons

Management often doesn't listen to ideas

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

"Great for those seeking stress filled careers."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelley, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelley, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Quiet area, and away from big cities.

Cons

Their implementation of waterfall makes me cringe. You work in a near constant state of panic and are left constantly wondering where the company is going. IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management.

Advice to Management

Recognize your IT staff are valuable assets that are difficult to replace because of your location and pay. Figure out how to better manage your projects to reduce stress in the work environment.

"I could never recommend working at Melaleuca - Finance"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Idaho Falls is small making commuting easy. Made some good friends at Melaleuca. Work isn't terribly challenging. Pay can be good when you start but annual increases were very very small.

Because Melaleuca is so small, employees have the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibly and explore new areas of the business. The product check allows you to stock up on product. Benefits are comparable to most companies in the area. Not competitive nationally.

Cons

I felt that there was a toxic environment. It seemed like everyone was scared of making mistakes and management did not trust anyone.

Leadership at Melaleuca was very poor. Micromanagement was rampant. No trust.

It seemed like most new employees were already looking for a way out after a few weeks/months. I heard a junior level employee get shushed in a meeting by a Director, have seen people cry, and heard of witch hunts.

Finance was not a good group to work in and management was especially poor compared to other companies. The frequent turnover is a sign of the management problems.

Advice to Management

The current system is broken, hence the turnover problems. Trust and invest in employees. Listen to employees.

"Melaleuca, “The Wellness Company” as they call themselves"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Melaleuca part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

, was not a good company to work for in my opinion. I worked in the Rexburg call Center as a Spanish Customer Service Representative, and was promoted to basically a made-up position called “Team Lead”. This company continually told me of how they want you to move up and how they promote from within. As far as the call Center does, you had better be good buddies with someone who makes that decision, because if you aren’t, no chance. They pride themselves in being the “best company to work for” in Southeast Idaho. Far be it from the truth in my opinion. There were other benefits but overall I’m very dissatisfied with having spent nearly three years working in this call Center and having worked my butt off to network within the company, I worked hard and was a consistent performer, yet no way to move up. I know it may be tempting to work here if you’re a student in Rexburg but trust me...you’re probably better off. This job sucks out your soul and this company gives false feelings of how highly they think of you all the time.

- Decent pay for Rexburg
    - $90 product check
    - 401k with match
    - Some decent people here and there

Cons

- Horrible Management
    - Favoritism
    - Call centers kill your soul
    - Goody-Goody annoying coworkers
    - Micromanaging culture
    - Treat you like children
    - Even if you do move up...they won’t pay you what you’re worth. Trust me.

Advice to Management

- Weed our the favoritism by switching our current leadership
    - Stop with the micromanaging. We are adults. Come on.
    - Stop pretending you’re the best. You’re not.