Melaleuca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Melaleuca CEO Frank L. VanderSloot
Frank L. VanderSloot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employee benefits are great including the awesome onsite restaurant and the free products each month- which I have fallen in love with" (in 28 reviews)

• "There are air of great benefits working at Melaleuca such free" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "IT resources are treated like minimum wage resources and are rarely listened to by upper management" (in 17 reviews)

• "IT is a fast paced environment that has to keep pace with the speed of business technology in 19 different countries" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Melaleuca is an amazing Company to work for I have been with them for 15 plus years."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has amazing employee benefits to name a few. Amazing insurance coverage. We have Longevity rewards. We have an onsite restaurant with an amazing chef and menu. Also a concierge service for an occasional errand that needs done when you do not have time in your busy day.

Cons

My particular department is very involved with providing accurate and pertinent information. You need to stay on your toes and up-to-date on a lot of information.

2. "Loyalty"

Current Employee - Finance Manager
    Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

The company expects high commitment and loyalty and is prepared to be loyal in return. I enjoy flexibility regarding my specific work hours (this is not necessarily true in every role) and have the opportunity to carve out a niche that fits my aspirations (as far as I can tell, this is mostly true no matter your position when you first join the company).

Cons

The community (not the company) culture can be a tricky adjustment for some outsiders.

Advice to Management

We would benefit from increased commitment to career mentoring.

3. "Challenging work with the benefit of working with outstanding coworkers is what sets Melaleuca apart."

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people, the benefits and the environment are outstanding. Also, having management that is interested and instrumental in advancing my career is invaluable.

Cons

Tight deadlines and working extra hours are expected.

Advice to Management

I would like communication related to company goals and objectives. Additional investment into IT resources.

4. "Melaleuca is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Production Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people. Melaleuca hires great people and the work environment is always positive. Employees come from all kinds of backgrounds and bring a wealth of experience to the company. There are a variety of job opportunities for all kinds of talent and Melaleuca has a culture of working to further employees’ growth. There are lots of learning and advancement opportunities. Management is accessible to all employees and there is an open door policy. Complaints as well as suggestions for change are encouraged and addressed. Melaleuca has great benefits. These include insurance, bonus opportunities, product certificates, recognition and employee events.

Cons

Melaleuca expects a lot from employees. You have to be willing to work hard. Sometimes long hours are required. Last-minute ideas may change the direction of a project and it can be frustrating and stressful.

Advice to Management

Give feedback and direction on projects quickly. Delegate more responsibility to lower management to keep projects on track and avoid last-minute emergencies.

5. "Great Company to Enjoy employment"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Feel valued as an employee, Friendly Employees, Comfortable work environment, Flexible work hours, employee involvement with updates/upgrades to work area.

Cons

Little to no complaints on this subject

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Enjoy coming to my place of employment daily!

6. "Melaleuca a strong successful world renown company"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Shelley, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Shelley, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are the best. The staff and team Melaleuca hires are the best in the country. They have great insurance, profit sharing, and bonuses.

Cons

If you are considering Melaleuca, you need to come in knowing that Melaleuca has high standards and they expect hard work from their employees. You will work harder than you ever have and accomplish more than you ever have. The end of the day, you know you have made a difference in your life and those that are in the field building the buisness.

Advice to Management

I love the Management Team at Melaleuca. They are made up of the best candidates from all of over the country. Some have been promoted from the call center/business development to the management team—that is amazing. They strive to grow the employee to his or her full potential. Advice: continue to recognize the hard work employees give. continue to give time for employees to be with their families. The management team is the best, they only need to continue.

"A Good, Values-based Company"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a challenging and rewarding work environment. The cream really does rise to the top here. If you work hard, excel at what you do, and really care about making a difference, then you will be noticed, and there will be opportunities for advancement and growth here.

There are many perks – the health benefits are above average and the cost to the employee is much lower than average. Every employee gets a certificate for $90 worth of products every month. The products are VERY high quality, so the entire family benefits from using the products. Profit sharing to all full-time salaried employees. It pays to stick around here, as there are longevity bonuses of $5k for 5 years, $10K for 10 years, etc. incrementing every 5 years (the 20 year is $20K Net). Other noticeable things like an on-site employee restaurant, an on-site fitness center (with personal health coaches), tickets to ball games, and an outstanding annual family picnic where tons of nice prizes are awarded; this is family-values based company and many people here, and the company itself, are a very active, positive force in the community. The people here really to try to live by the company’s mission statement to enhance lives.

Cons

Can be high stress at times – there is an expectation to get the job done. This can sometimes trump other plans you may have had. There are certain times of the month and/or year where the hours can get long. To be successful here, you cannot expect this to be a typical 9-5 environment. Especially in I.T., with this being a global company – phone calls in the middle of the night and troubleshooting into the wee hours of the morning are part of the deal.

Change can be a bit slow. Some programs and processes have been around for so long that it is like trying to move a mountain to make realistic improvements. This can be frustrating.

The 401k matching isn’t great (2.5% max) which is the worst of any place I’ve worked in my career; however, if you add the longevity bonuses into the retirement savings, then that can make up the difference over time.

Advice to Management

Give a little buying power and trust in your line-level managers…not every $25 purchase needs to go through 6 levels of PO approval. Consider increasing the 401k match.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love this company! The career paths are outstanding-the average longevity of employees reflects that! Every day at work is a new adventure and a new challenge. In my role I've been able to see management at a whole new level of caring and generosity and thoughtfulness to their teams. The family focused environment means a lot to me.

Cons

Melaleuca is a growing company with high expectations of their employees. The environment isn't always for everyone. It can be intense with short deadlines but if you like a challenge, it is so rewarding to see what an impact you can have on many lives. And it's fun to work with others with the same work ethic.

Advice to Management

The effort based recognition is what people thrive for! Keep it coming!

9. "Great Place To Stick Around"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and bonuses. The people are very friendly, helpful, and the company goes out of its way to make you feel valued.

Cons

There's not really any housing close, so there's a commute. Also, while the company has great people, it is still a large company with many people which may not suit those who like smaller teams or companies.

Advice to Management

Casual dress Friday's would be amazing. Other than that, they are doing a great job!

"A great company to grow with."

Current Employee - Web Developer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Melaleuca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company continues to show growth and hit some tremendous benchmarks, it is exciting to contribute to those results and also rewarding. This also means there are more opportunities to perform and be rewarded for such.

Working with some top-notch individuals has provided me with some great chances to prove my salt and also add new skills to my quiver.

The company makes sure to acknowledge and celebrate its employees often for birthdays, achievements, holiday parties, and a summer picnic - and spares no expense doing so. From the warehouse and manufacturing folks right on up to senior management we all get to share some pretty fun times and have some great prizes offered as well.

Cons

At times Melaleuca requires a little more than 100% of your time and dedication. This may include a late night, an early morning - or even some off time to hop online and contribute to your team's success. In this regard, it's not for you if you are a 9-5 card puncher. There is enough ebb and flow for me that this isn't an issue.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a little bit more trust in the delegation for approvals especially when it comes to time-sensitive projects. I can appreciate senior management needing to approve some items - but certainly not for everything.