Mellanox Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2019

Found 223 reviews

4.2
Eyal Waldman

"Medium sized compnay with small size company culture"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mellanox for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product; access to wide variety of expertise within the company; approachable management; young company; can learn a lot;

Cons

Long hours; not so much competitive compensation package; everything is rushed in this company; deadlines are set to push the teams work harder.

Advice to Management

Upper management communicate pretty well with all the teams about the objectives and goals of the company. The deadlines needs to be more realistic.

Mellanox2015-08-27

"Engineer"

I worked at Mellanox

Pros

Salary is very competitive, Stock (RSU) which is great as long as you stay the three years, Health Benefits is also pretty competitive.

Cons

Repetitive work. You can't change departments to what you really want to do.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to grow and really give them TRAINING!!

Mellanox2015-07-31

"Creative Director of Corporate Marketing (National & International)"

Former Employee - Creative Director Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Mellanox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great potential in launching corporation to a higher level of brand awareness and developing systems and process.

Cons

Not willing to accept Project Management Systems to tame marketing pipeline efficiently. Little effort to embrace corporate marketing growth challenges during Casm Period. Resulting in downward cycle.

Advice to Management

Embrace and welcome systems and process. Reward those who are willing to work hard to bring greater project management efficiency to a non existing Wield West Free-For-All that cripples Creative Marketing Teams and ultimately was/is the downfall of internal marketing at Mellanox Technologies.

Mellanox2015-06-11

"Manager"

I worked at Mellanox full-time

Pros

Very talented people to work with. Plenty of opportunities to work on. Semi-transparent management.

Cons

Management is all from IL

Mellanox2015-04-13

"Worst company I have ever worked for. I have never seen so many broken bits in my life."

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Mellanox full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do pay your salary, the check does not bounce. But they have this sales pay plan where part of it is impossible to get. They call it focus revenue. The focus revenue conveniently comes out at zero every quarter. They have health insurance to cover you for the stress.

Cons

The technology is very buggy and features don't work. I have never seen so many broken bits in my life. Based in Israel and they are clearly in charge and the Americans get the fun of being the company grunts. They accept no feedback on how to do things differently. It's like being in the military, just keep your mouth shut and take orders. They give you no training, you must learn on your own. They have all these...

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO. I mean come on, you can't even be late to a meeting if you have to use the bathroom? That's extreme. I've never heard a CEO make such a ridiculous comment in my life at a sales conference.

Mellanox2014-12-02

"Long hours, average pay, you can do better elsewhere...."

I worked at Mellanox full-time for more than a year

Pros

The technology is good for the HPC market and they have some bright ASIC engineers in Israel.

Cons

Get ready to work at least 60 hours a week including nights and weekends. Management has no regard for work/life balance, you're expected to make the company as important (i.e. 'more important') than your family. If you're not Israeli you won't be treated the same, you'll always be on the outside looking in. (read the positive reviews - they're all Israeli's but the US employees have negative experience) The benefits...

Advice to Management

Exec mgmt. needs to stop giving themselves excessive stock awards and recognize/reward the people in the middle that do the work. More attention needs to be given to respect cultural differences and the team in Israel (70% of the company) should recognize that not everyone views the company equally important as their 'real' family.

Mellanox2014-11-21

"Most dehumanizing tech company"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Mellanox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mellanox is a place where if you learn well on your own and learn well being thrown from fire to fire in the most chaotic way imaginable then you will learn tons. Admittedly most of the learning will come from your clients correcting you. In Mellanox the quality of the clients you work for is much larger than that of the company itself.

Cons

Less than negative work life balance. Management is encouraged to "push" employees to their "limits". This is literally in a management guide I came across in their grossly disorganized public folders and directories. Employee burnout is at an all time maximum during my time there. The turn over makes it so trying to bring anyone into the fold is a nightmare. Middle management is completely untrained and in most...

Advice to Management

You will never keep good talent under your hood as long as you treat people the way you do.

Mellanox2014-10-08

"Field Application Engineer"

I worked at Mellanox full-time

Pros

Stock has had a good run - nice profit from stock options. Opportunity to learn a lot and experience leading edge networking technologies.

Cons

Unreasonable amount of work hours, including late into the night and weekends.

Advice to Management

mid-level management is not being trained - you cannot expect an engineer who is promoted to be a manager, to do a good job managing. Train your managers!

Mellanox2014-04-26

"interesting environment"

I worked at Mellanox

Pros

They have some pretty cool products for Computer Networking. High tech company out of the Israel Silicon Valley. There are a lot of hard-working people there.

Cons

They have a diverse array of Network Adapters and switches for both InfiniBand and Ethernet, but there 'really' is only room for Ethernet in the market. InfiniBand will probably go away with the next generation of 100Gb Ethernet. They work you around the clock.

Mellanox2014-03-08

"Micromanaged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Mellanox full-time for less than a year

Pros

One star for the good pay & benefits

Cons

- Very boring work atmosphere - completely quiet in the rows of cubicles with lots of older workers who kept to themselves - Micromanaged - had to tell my boss when I was leaving the office each day & there was no flexibility in work schedule; hard work was not appreciated or recognized - No training set up to learn about the company's product offering; you had to teach yourself on the spot and people were unwilling...

Mellanox2013-10-20