Melrose Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Lifestyle Director"

Current Employee - Lifestyle Director in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - Lifestyle Director in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Melrose Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It truly is a nice company to work for. My management team has changed and that has impacted my position in a very positive way. Support is there when needed and 98 percent of the time you are treated as family. You get what what you give.

Cons

You occasionally need to wait a bit for answers and the insurance is high , but insurance is high all over

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes !

"President & CEO not seeing the bigger picture..."

Former Employee - Director, Business Development Management in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development Management in Orlando, FL

I worked at Melrose Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is negotiable if you can prove your value.

Cons

There is a culture whereby there are one or two individuals who lack the experience and skill for the title and responsibility they have. However, they have the ear of the CEO, who is absentee most of the time. These two individuals filter to the CEO information that is in the best interest of them maintaining their positions within the company, rather than working as team members towards the goals and profitability of the company. This creates an atmosphere of confusion, animosity and distrust. They seem to lose their most talented contributors within their pool of employees due to idea theft and lack of transparency by these two individuals.

Advice to Management

If you are not getting results, let go of those arbitrarily filtering negative information about the rest of the team and focus on finding out what ideas your entire team has individually yourself with your own ear. You have lost 4 - 5 of your best, most talented people in last two years, because of two self-serving individuals you are trusting to be your eyes and ears.

3. "Accounting Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Accounting Operations Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting Operations Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Melrose Management (More than a year)

Pros

There was a lot of different work that made the job fun to do. Great vacation and Holiday time off.

Cons

Difficult management staff
    Low raise probability
    Unfriendly environment
    Employees very overworked
    Daily changes on expectations of staff

4. "None given"

I worked at Melrose Management full-time

Pros

Staff were nice but ready to stab you in the back

Cons

No organization. Behind the times with computer updates. Some way out of date. Expectations are high but not enough one on one inifurmsyion to achieve

Advice to Management

Don't promise what you can't or won't give. Let new employees move you into the year 2016

5. "No better work family!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Melrose Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cohesive work family, upper management and even the VP and President are very involved in every aspect. I feel supported at every turn, and have been very impressed with the amount of support and genuine care I receive. Teamwork is strong here, and we have team events to strengthen our bonds. There is a lot of diversity in this company, with Lifestyle Services, Event Management and Property Management just a small part of what this company provides. Definitely a company and team you can be proud of and grow with. There are several employees who have been with the company since they first began, so that in itself should tell you something about the company as a whole.

Cons

Competetive market, with Property Management being a tough career. It is definitely not for everyone and you need to have a thick skin and good sense of humor, no to mention lots of patience and a sense of urgency in your work. Very fast paced with lots of guest service elements. Really, the only real Con I can think of is that the health insurance is pricey, and can definitely affect your pay check.

Advice to Management

I only wish that everyone that worked for Melrose Management could share in the kind of experience I have had.

"Bad bad bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Melrose Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally NONE! Stay out don't waste your time.

Cons

Everything! Bad, sloppy management, $700 plus health insurance payments a check for a family and over $400 for a couple, poor poor pay, piled up work due to lack of employees hence their horrible consumer reports. Managers have bad rep with board members and homeowners

Advice to Management

Get a hold of yourselves or you will continental to lose communities.

7. "A Professional Environment"

Current Employee - LCAM in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - LCAM in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Melrose Management full-time

Pros

Great place to work, attractive benefits, paid holidays, lot's of in-office lunches and activities.

Cons

Industry is difficult, but working at Melrose makes up for it

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, don't forget about your employees!

8. "Melrose: Great People, Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Melrose Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my first week at Melrose, I quickly realized a few things.

1) The industry the company primarily operates in, Community and HOA Management, is very though!
    2) People here know this, and, therefore, the downtime in between the stressful moments are fun and make it all worth it.
    3) Due to the nature of the industry, the work is very demanding. Standards are high at Melrose, and not everyone is cut out for working in such a results-driven environment.
    4) Two such people quit during my first week (1 more by my first month)
    5) With that being said, more than 1/2 of the company have been at the company for more than 5 years and The top 5 people in the company have all been here for over 15 years.

Fast forward to a few months and the things that I learned during that first week still resonate, and helped me to prepare myself for what was ahead at Melrose. I often believed that I was someone who thrived under pressure, and Melrose has helped me affirm that belief.

For being in such a stressful industry, the company culture is quite laid back. Melrose offers a very generous vacation time that starts accumulating on your first day and is eligible to be used after you complete the first 90 days. Benefits include a great medical program, dental, life, 401k and a favorable holiday schedule. Not to mention, mostly everyone, except the CEO, is out of the office by 5:05pm and the office closes at 4:30 on Fridays.

Overall I would recommend Melrose in a heartbeat. There are currently 9 companies under the Corporation, and each one of them are growing.

Cons

The industry is tough. There are a lot of ups and downs when it comes to HOAs. It can be very rewarding for someone with the right mental fortitude but, it's not for everyone and that has been the biggest reason why I've seen people leave during these past few months.

For this reason also, the application and hiring process is quite extensive. Another word of advice, if you're planning on applying at Melrose, start drinking lots of water from now because drug tests are given a lot of importance here... Might want to wait a few weeks also before applying :D

Advice to Management

Keep the upward momentum going. There is a concerted effort to grow all of the subsidiaries under the Corporation and it's great that they are not being complacent, even though the Management business is quite secured with over 100 communities. Keep up the great work!

"Terrible, don't work here"

Former Employee - Associate Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Associate Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Melrose Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. No affordable benefits, no perks, no promotions, not even regular raises. Be prepared to go to a dead end job. If you are willing to be a total puppet, the only way this will work out for you.

Cons

The reputation is horrible and finally my own experience was horrible. The professionalism of the management is at a 0%. They will take all that their employees have to give with a smile on their face, but give back nothing except badmouthing and ridiculing of their employees behind their backs. After putting in my notice, since I found a much better paid position, my exit interview was nothing but a circus show. First I was degraded and insulted, and finally indirectly threatened that they "could badmouth me at every professional association meeting, but in my case they will not". It was just a horrific experience....

Advice to Management

Learn the true meaning of "professionalism" and treat your employees and soon-to-be-former employees with respect, dignity and integrity (after you actually learn what those words mean).

"Admin Asst"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL

Pros

There are No reasons to work for this company, you are better off at McDonalds or Burger King.

Cons

Just Run, Run as Fast as you can. Don't think I will be the one who will be good at this position because it doesn't matter to them. You will be Gone before you know what happened.

Advice to Management

Figure out what YOUR ;plan is and then hire great employees and treat them well, pay them well but you gotta get your act together before you will have hired most of Pinellas County and then some.