MelroseWakefield Healthcare Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

MelroseWakefield Healthcare Registered Nurse Reviews

Updated May 10, 2019

Found 8 reviews

3.6
MelroseWakefield Healthcare CEO Michael V. Sack (no image)
Michael V. Sack
  1. "Great career"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vested frontline leadership and executive team. CEO is a nurse. Family atmosphere. Emphasis on quality of care and growth.

Cons

Can think of none. Same challenges as in healthcare everywhere today.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-05-10
  2. "Emergency Room"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Critical Care in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ER nurses and manager are all awesome

Cons

Paper charting, barely any help with patients, no supplies, and only one doctor on.

Advice to Management

Nurses won’t stay if they are not paid accordingly

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-05-08
  3. "A great starting place"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to start as a new RN. A lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Can be a bit cliquish on the floors. Management needs to be more attentive and receptive to nurses wanting to further education.

Advice to Management

Invest more in teaching nurses up to date information. Constantly hold workshops for nurses to learn new material. Rounding with physicians need to be more systematic.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-03-08

"RN Clinical Director is a BULLY"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Malden, MA

I worked at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting clinical cases, direct supervisors were decent people, mostly nice people to work with; fairly good orientation but lack of supportive follow up

Cons

Overloaded documentation that keeps you up all night; work never ends; areas of poor communication that lead to you being blamed for mishaps

Advice to Management

Get rid of Bully that has had many complaints about them by staff of many departments; poor retention of good clinical staff as a result

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2017-10-24

"VNA RN"

Current Employee - RN in Malden, MA

Pros

You have some autonomy with schedule keeping in mind the needs of our valued patients.

Cons

In and out of the car throughout the day but that is part of the VNA job. Challenges that are part of this job include: finding patients location, parking, traffic. Other challenges include having to go to the lab to drop off specimens.

Advice to Management

Increase the rate of pay. Give the benefit of the doubt, decrease the amount of daily visit expectations to five (5) instead of the current (6).

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2017-05-25
  6. "New Grad RN at Lawrence Memorial Hospital"

Registered Nurse in Medford, MA

I worked at MelroseWakefield Healthcare

Pros

Was a fantastic learning experience for New Grad's. I have since worked for two very large medical centers in CA and was horrified at the low level of training and support they gave their new graduate RN's. Graduated from the affiliate RN school and worked there as CNA and oriented to nursing in early 2008. I hope they still have the same kind of orientation as I got. I am thankful DAILY about the fantastic... support I got on West 3.

Cons

Too high a ratio for type of patients. Need to be flexible with acuity (doesn't everywhere though) 5:1 with older demented telemetry pt's with 10+ meds that need crushing and taken 1 by one isn't safe. Not to mention all the people who required sitters and we didn't have staff for them. Since it is a small community hospital, it is a bit tough to advance in a nursing career. More complex cases go into Boston. No... one ever left the ICU so it can be hard to gain new skills or do something new..

Advice to Management

Hire a resource RN that is not part of the count. This person can 1. cover the breaks that we never get and 2. Actually be a resource. I think this would cut down on overtime, increase morale and increase patient satisfaction. Staff by acuity....please.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2015-02-08

"Salary not competitive, but great quality of life"

Registered Nurse in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare

Pros

I work with dedicated and caring staff Free parking Benefits are competitive-especially compensation for going back to school Very patient centered being a community hospital

Cons

Pay rate is not competitive for the area and raises do not occur annually or based on merit, but rather when they can afford to give them Some of the staff/Drs are not well versed in EBP

Advice to Management

I find my immediate leadership often goes to bat for the staff, but in the end they often lose out to the higher ups. This is especially true with staffing, and it always comes back to bite us when they eliminate these positions.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2011-11-09
  8. "Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, RN"

Registered Nurse in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare

Pros

The employees on the floor I look at are very friendly and the per diem pay is good.

Cons

You have to park offsite for the day shift on weekdays and take the shuttle.

Advice to Management

I just started working here last month, so I don't know.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2009-02-18