MelroseWakefield Healthcare "community hospital" Reviews | Glassdoor

MelroseWakefield Healthcare Employee Reviews about "community hospital"

Updated 10 May 2019

Found 58 reviews

3.1
MelroseWakefield Healthcare CEO Michael V. Sack (no image)
Michael V. Sack
Pros
Cons
  • "low pay but lots of responsibilities(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "community hospital"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "bad management."

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time

Pros

friendly staff. small community hospital.

Cons

poorly pay, bad management and understaff at multi-department.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-03-05

"Time for new adventures"

I worked at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hallmark was a great place for opportunities in nursing. There was a culture of continuing education with a great reimbursement program. There were opportunities to transfer up or down in acuity of practice, and in either case, skills learned could be used in any position. There was a sense of community hospital pride in some of the older staff. Hallmark is a Magnet Status Hospital system.

Cons

There was a great deal of concern among staff regarding the future of Hallmark after the Partners deal ended. There wasn't enough done to find staff a new position who could no longer perform their previous job. The exit interview was very impersonal; it was a form to be completed and sent to H.R. There was no person-to-person exit interview.

Advice to Management

More needs to be done to help good staff stay there. There needs to be a more active employee assistance mechanism in HR to help staff find better suited positions within the system.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2016-10-08

"Going downhill badly"

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare

Pros

It used to be a fine place to work. Great orientation program for new nurses, good managers who supported and encouraged their staff, competitive pay, great teamwork and helpful co-workers who made a busy community hospital a satisfying and happy environment.

Cons

Unfortunately that's all gone. Census is so low that it can't possibly support the hospital. Management is in constant turmoil. Current manager spends her time playing politics and desperately going round to nursing homes trying to bring in more patients. Housekeeping and support staff have been cut and outsourced so much they can't keep up with their work. Current nursing manager goes on tirades and mistreats... others, probably due to stress. There is no way to improve your career or advance here.

Advice to Management

Sadly, I'm leaving. LMH needs major overhaul of both the hospital and the nursing management, but I don't think think they have the money or the vision to do that. Even the most recent merger attempt doesn't look promising. So sad.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2016-08-17

"Salary not competitive, but great quality of life"

Registered Nurse in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare

Pros

I work with dedicated and caring staff Free parking Benefits are competitive-especially compensation for going back to school Very patient centered being a community hospital

Cons

Pay rate is not competitive for the area and raises do not occur annually or based on merit, but rather when they can afford to give them Some of the staff/Drs are not well versed in EBP

Advice to Management

I find my immediate leadership often goes to bat for the staff, but in the end they often lose out to the higher ups. This is especially true with staffing, and it always comes back to bite us when they eliminate these positions.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2011-11-09