Melton Truck Lines Reviews

4.2
Melton Truck Lines Chairman and CEO Bob Peterson
Bob Peterson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Awesome company family atmosphere good pay(in 18 reviews)
  • "Driver benefits are great, first time I've felt like my employer really cared about me and my family.(in 8 reviews)
  • "money is good for a OTR company(in 5 reviews)
  • "Excellent training on load securement and tarping.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Excellent company

Dec 23, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, sense of belonging, excellent support from management. They listen to their drivers and you can see them consistently making positive changes.

Cons

Not a lot of home time.

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for the positive feedback. We are always striving to make sure our drivers are heard.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees and their families.

Cons

Slow to adjust to new benefits in the workforce.

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for the positive feedback! At Melton we are one big family and we care about each other just the same. If you have any additional feedback on employee benefits, please call our Human Resources department.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hea

Apr 7, 2022 - Safety
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment, flexibility, moral

Cons

Do g walk wow dhs

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Thank you for the positive review.

4. 3.0

Great starter company

Apr 12, 2022 - OTR Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting some good Otr experience

Cons

Pay home time lot of *** kissers

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see that you received great over-the-road experience at Melton. We understand over-the-road is not for everyone, and it is a lifestyle change to be out two weeks at a time. Please call Driver Services with more feedback.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Feb 20, 2022 - Attorney in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Work Environment - Lots of Amenities

Cons

Pay Not As Competitive in This Market

Media Information Supervisor

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to make sure Melton offers what our employees need to be successful. If you have more detailed feedback, please contact Employee Services,

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Accounting

Feb 18, 2022 - Accounting Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work place & good bonuses.

Cons

Better leadership & more learning

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for the feedback and positive review!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Steady miles, great step into the industry

Feb 11, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great pay for a first gig -management is there 100% for the drivers -nice equipment

Cons

-pay could be better for all the manual work done -other companies pay more for less labor (given some experience) -strictly otr, away from home for minimum 3 weeks at a time

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We do strive to keep our drivers first, without them we would have nothing. Melton's pay is leading in the industry. We understand OTR is not for everyone and can be a huge lifestyle adjustment. Thank you for your honest feedback, if you have more, please call Driver Services!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of extra work for not much extra pay

Feb 8, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fancy terminals Allows up to 90lb pet

Cons

Not great miles Extra CPM doesn’t really offset all the extra time and work it takes to make sure you’re ready to roll as opposed to box/reefer. No Chain Policy but layover pay is only $50 per day if you can’t roll

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We do strive to make sure our terminals are up to date and a nice stop for our drivers. We regret to see you have had a poor experience. Please reach out to Driver Services and lets see if we can get this situation resolved.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

great place

Feb 7, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

great equipment good miles family company

Cons

very small amounts of home time

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We do want the best equipment for our drivers. We understand that an over-the-road career is not for everyone, it is a big lifestyle change.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Pay wasn’t worth it

Jan 26, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trucks were actually really nice

Cons

The pay wasn’t worth being out as long as you are

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We do take pride in our trucks being some of the youngest out there. They have a cycle life of four and a half years old. We regret that the pay was not worth it for you. We do strive to stay in the top for industry pay. We did have two pay increases for drivers this year. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Reviews

Melton Truck Lines Reviews FAQs

Melton Truck Lines has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 147 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Melton Truck Lines to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Melton Truck Lines employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Melton Truck Lines. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

91% of Melton Truck Lines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Melton Truck Lines 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Melton Truck Lines to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Melton Truck Lines Job Seekers