KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Melton Truck Lines Employee Reviews about "drivers"

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 22 of over 147 reviews

4.2
Melton Truck Lines Chairman and CEO Bob Peterson
Bob Peterson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Awesome company family atmosphere good pay(in 18 reviews)
  • "Driver benefits are great, first time I've felt like my employer really cared about me and my family.(in 8 reviews)
  • "money is good for a OTR company(in 5 reviews)
  • "Excellent training on load securement and tarping.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "drivers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Apr 13, 2021 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, great dispatchers, great pay. For company drivers. You ask for home time they do their best to get you their. ( don't be mad at the miles when your going home. It's too keep you close. So you can get home soon. )

Cons

I don't have any at this time. 6 months with them.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate you!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Sep 23, 2021 - Class A CDL Professional Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Melton truly cares about their drivers. I would still be working for them were I a bit younger. The work is hard but rewarding.

Cons

The work is hard on your joints for older folks.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello, thank you for the detailed feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with Melton.

3. 5.0

Mar 18, 2021 - OTR Flatbed Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The absolute amazing treatment of they're drivers and they're families

Cons

Could definitely get a little better on the load planning side of things

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate you!

4. 5.0

OTR Driver

Dec 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is my first truck driving job and I must say it has been a phenomenal experience! I’ve been here about 6 months and the pay is great! I lucked out with my DM Ash who is on top of any issues I have on the road. Her communication is almost instantaneous and she had been extremely patient with me through my growing pains. The equipment is great. I got a truck nearly brand new and I’m a brand new driver. I must say again...I’ve been making great money out here and I’ve been in nearly every state in our beautiful country. I know this is only my experience and other people may have experienced something different but I would sincerely give Melton 6 stars if I could. 401k and benefits start at the same time. No waiting a year for 401k! Great company, great management, great pay!!!

Cons

Not often but sometimes you have to wait for a load. They do have layover and detention pay that they don’t mind paying

4 people found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and the 5-star review.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy employees

Oct 15, 2020 - OTR Truck Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family atmosphere, great communication between drivers and office staff

Cons

Has been growing faster than they can handle

Be the first to find this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the great feedback and five-star rating! We appreciate it.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Best place to work

Dec 28, 2020 - Safety Officer in Laredo, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented company, driver friendly and the best health care.

Cons

none, none, none, none, none.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate it!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing experience ever step of the way

Apr 25, 2020 - OTR Flatbed Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent facilities Excellent workers from drivers to office and cook employees. Great company to start and learn the ropes with. Takes care of their employees.

Cons

Sometimes things aren’t explained in detail and your left hanging until further clarification.

3 people found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and 5-star review!

8. 5.0

Jul 3, 2020 - CDL OTR DRIVER
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company that truly cares about driver

Cons

as with all companies communication can always be improved on

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the great five-star review! We appreciate your feedback.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good and Bad, It is what you make of it

Jan 23, 2020 - OTR Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice Terminals, Higher than average pay including other additional things like tarp and multi-stop that can increase earnings. Good introduction to Flatbed and over the road. Kenworths were nice, Freightliners were showing their age. Most of office staff in Tulsa were nice and polite. First DM was awesome. I would tell new drivers to go here, just be careful and stand up for yourself to Maintenance and dispatch. I did like Melton and appreciated the opportunity they extended to me. Had my head been in a different place I might still be there.

Cons

I was given a truck with several bad engine leaks at Orientation, was told "have Tulsa take care of it in a few weeks if you get by there." Arrived at Tulsa, immediately went through inspection where they identified same issues and told me to arrange to have it fixed myself when I took hometime and sent on my way again. One of these leaks was the main pressure line for the fuel rail on the engine. Truck interior was also filthy and had rancid melted butter coating inside of Fridge. Truck had supposedly just been serviced, cleaned, and detailed, somehow I don't believe that. My DM was informed of these things immediately, as was The maintenance supervisor at Tulsa. I was finally given another trucks 3 weeks later after making a stink about it almost daily to my DM. Funny thing was they didn't fix the issue in Tulsa becasue they said I didn't have the time, though I was there for 2 days and then took a load North and sat in Gary Indiana for another 54 hours waiting to unload. My trip planning was poor, sitting for me was common. In a 3 week span I had a 54 hour wait to unload, a 22 hour wait to get loaded, and then another 21 hour wait for my DM to find me a load after they asked me to hurry across Indiana and Illinois as quickly as possible so I could unload early and pick up a load that "was waiting." On my first trip home I was contacted by my DM and asked to drop everything and go do a repower so another driver wouldn't have to sit and wait until Monday to be unloaded. I was paid for the repower but its pretty inconsiderate to bother drivers at home after being out almost 4 weeks. Last gripe why do you make drivers purchase/make their own edge protectors and V-boards. Yes the cardboard ones you are given at terminals are okay but they're really single use and god forbid they get wet. No driver should leave the yard without adequate load protectors. It is after-all your straps and chains we're trying to protect. My first laod out of Birmingham needed V-boards but with 20 minutes to get across town to get loaded, I had no time to purchase the materials, let alone make them and the Birmingham terminal had nothing in the way of dunnage let alone v board material. Home time is an issue, but any driver with some time and expereince should expect to be out a few weeks. However, there are many OTR Flatbed companies getting drivers home every week so I don't think the "this is an OTR company," line Melton likes to quote is very valid. In the end though that final 21 hour wait to get a load was the end of it for me, I saw a pattern developing that wasn't being addressed and I didn't see it changing. So I took the truck back to a terminal and left.

2 people found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback and letting us know about your maintenance issue. We are sorry that you had to deal with this. Melton provides the best equipment possible for our drivers however, all trucks have maintenance issues now and then. Please know that we are having our Maintenance Department look into this to prevent this from happening in the future.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible

Aug 31, 2019 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training for flatbed driver

Cons

Wont get you home at all

Advertising and Social Media

We regret to see you only leave one star. Melton Truck Lines prides ourselves on the safety of our drivers and we work diligently to make sure each and every driver is trained on flatbed the correct way. We don't know your specific home time situation, but Melton is an Over the Road company that operates in all 48 states plus Canada. Our drivers are out between 2-3 weeks at a time and we explain our home time policy in detail during orientation. Please know that the vast majority of home time requests are accommodated and the driver arrives home on time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews

Popular Careers with Melton Truck Lines Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Melton Truck Lines? Share Your Experiences

Melton Truck Lines logo

Company Updates

5 days ago

Community
Join us in congratulating Tony K. for reaching Ambassador status. Tony stopped by the Tulsa terminal to pick up his new jacket and snapped a picture with his Driver Manager, Lee Stewart. Lee is very proud to have Tony on his fleet. "Tony is one of those drivers who, when dispatched, the next thing you will hear from him is, “What’s next?”, when empty. Tony communicates well if any issues arise and represents Melton well when at the shipper and receiver, as well as when going down the highway. He has a great personality and is a joy to be around." Congratulations, Tony! We are so proud of you!

11 days ago

Community
Our newest Rookie of the Month is Bernardo R.! Benny started with Melton in June of 2021 and has been driving for a little over a year. He chose Melton because his Uncle told him great things about our company. He is glad that he took his advice. His Driver Manager, Wendy Rolnicki, had nothing but positive things to say about Benny. "Benny has been a wonderful addition to my fleet! He is always on time and manages his time well. He has a great attitude and always makes sure I know what is going on with his loads. He really deserves this honor and I look forward to working with him for many years to come." Congratulations, Benny!
Shared image

Melton Truck Lines Photos

+ Add Photo
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Melton Drivers are the Best!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Driver Friendly Equipment
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Be Name, Not A Number
Melton Truck Lines photo of: No Flatbed Experience Necessary to Start! We Will Train You!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: No Matter What Your Experience Level Is, Melton Trains You for Success
Melton Truck Lines photo of: See the Country with Melton!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Ask About Our Rider Policy!