KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Melton Truck Lines Employee Reviews about "melton"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 25 of over 148 reviews

4.1
Melton Truck Lines Chairman and CEO Bob Peterson
Bob Peterson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Awesome company family atmosphere good pay(in 16 reviews)
  • "Driver benefits are great, first time I've felt like my employer really cared about me and my family.(in 9 reviews)
  • "money is good for a OTR company(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great Training, Great Mileage Pay, Fantastic Equipment.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "melton"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Culture

Jan 27, 2021 - Administration in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful culture and team members at Melton. Really fun place to work.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

1 person found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate the five-star rating.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Oct 21, 2021 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent miles, Good pay and fulfilling!

Cons

My only knock on Melton would be that there could be more home time.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hi thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a positive experience with Melton. We understand that an over-the-road career can be hard, and hometime is important.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Sep 23, 2021 - Class A CDL Professional Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Melton truly cares about their drivers. I would still be working for them were I a bit younger. The work is hard but rewarding.

Cons

The work is hard on your joints for older folks.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Melton Truck Lines Response

Hello, thank you for the detailed feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with Melton.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

May 8, 2020 - Recruiting Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked with Melton for nearly 19 years. My favorite part of working for Melton is the people. We all treat one another like family. I always feel like my thoughts and ideas are heard. The facility I work in is beautiful. We have a store that provides trendy Melton Gear for wearing in and out of the office. We have an onsite Gym and a Wellness Coordinator. This is an excellent representation of how invested Melton Truck Lines is in the health of its employees. We have an onsite Cafe that offers a wide variety of delicious cuisine. Our Executive Team makes good decisions all the time allowing us to weather even the toughest economic storms. These are just a few of the reasons I love working at Melton Truck Lines.

Cons

There are frustrations time to time as you find in all jobs, but I don't have any specific cons to note about working at Melton Truck Lines.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We count ourselves lucky for employees like you.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Employee Friendly Company. Competitive Pay. Challenging.

Jan 30, 2020 - Former Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is health-focused. Easy to workout at the gym during lunch break. Friendly/Caring Coworkers. You feel like you're a part of the Melton family. Movement in the company is possible. Great benefits and good pay. Fleible work hours. Standing desks.

Cons

Transportation industry can be demanding in the summer, but dead/dangerous in the winter for drivers. They are away from their families for long periods and often lonely. As an office employee, you are often put in the position of providing emotional support for drivers. This be can a major pro, but it's also challenging. It can become too draining if you're introverted, and especially if put in a position of direct communication with drivers.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the 4-star review. We appreciate this very detailed feedback.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

OTR Driver

Dec 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is my first truck driving job and I must say it has been a phenomenal experience! I’ve been here about 6 months and the pay is great! I lucked out with my DM Ash who is on top of any issues I have on the road. Her communication is almost instantaneous and she had been extremely patient with me through my growing pains. The equipment is great. I got a truck nearly brand new and I’m a brand new driver. I must say again...I’ve been making great money out here and I’ve been in nearly every state in our beautiful country. I know this is only my experience and other people may have experienced something different but I would sincerely give Melton 6 stars if I could. 401k and benefits start at the same time. No waiting a year for 401k! Great company, great management, great pay!!!

Cons

Not often but sometimes you have to wait for a load. They do have layover and detention pay that they don’t mind paying

4 people found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and the 5-star review.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good and Bad, It is what you make of it

Jan 23, 2020 - OTR Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice Terminals, Higher than average pay including other additional things like tarp and multi-stop that can increase earnings. Good introduction to Flatbed and over the road. Kenworths were nice, Freightliners were showing their age. Most of office staff in Tulsa were nice and polite. First DM was awesome. I would tell new drivers to go here, just be careful and stand up for yourself to Maintenance and dispatch. I did like Melton and appreciated the opportunity they extended to me. Had my head been in a different place I might still be there.

Cons

I was given a truck with several bad engine leaks at Orientation, was told "have Tulsa take care of it in a few weeks if you get by there." Arrived at Tulsa, immediately went through inspection where they identified same issues and told me to arrange to have it fixed myself when I took hometime and sent on my way again. One of these leaks was the main pressure line for the fuel rail on the engine. Truck interior was also filthy and had rancid melted butter coating inside of Fridge. Truck had supposedly just been serviced, cleaned, and detailed, somehow I don't believe that. My DM was informed of these things immediately, as was The maintenance supervisor at Tulsa. I was finally given another trucks 3 weeks later after making a stink about it almost daily to my DM. Funny thing was they didn't fix the issue in Tulsa becasue they said I didn't have the time, though I was there for 2 days and then took a load North and sat in Gary Indiana for another 54 hours waiting to unload. My trip planning was poor, sitting for me was common. In a 3 week span I had a 54 hour wait to unload, a 22 hour wait to get loaded, and then another 21 hour wait for my DM to find me a load after they asked me to hurry across Indiana and Illinois as quickly as possible so I could unload early and pick up a load that "was waiting." On my first trip home I was contacted by my DM and asked to drop everything and go do a repower so another driver wouldn't have to sit and wait until Monday to be unloaded. I was paid for the repower but its pretty inconsiderate to bother drivers at home after being out almost 4 weeks. Last gripe why do you make drivers purchase/make their own edge protectors and V-boards. Yes the cardboard ones you are given at terminals are okay but they're really single use and god forbid they get wet. No driver should leave the yard without adequate load protectors. It is after-all your straps and chains we're trying to protect. My first laod out of Birmingham needed V-boards but with 20 minutes to get across town to get loaded, I had no time to purchase the materials, let alone make them and the Birmingham terminal had nothing in the way of dunnage let alone v board material. Home time is an issue, but any driver with some time and expereince should expect to be out a few weeks. However, there are many OTR Flatbed companies getting drivers home every week so I don't think the "this is an OTR company," line Melton likes to quote is very valid. In the end though that final 21 hour wait to get a load was the end of it for me, I saw a pattern developing that wasn't being addressed and I didn't see it changing. So I took the truck back to a terminal and left.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback and letting us know about your maintenance issue. We are sorry that you had to deal with this. Melton provides the best equipment possible for our drivers however, all trucks have maintenance issues now and then. Please know that we are having our Maintenance Department look into this to prevent this from happening in the future.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

This the most amazing company to work for!

Nov 7, 2019 - Lead Generator in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seriously there are just too many to list. Melton has done such a tremendous job creating a progressive and positive work environment.

Cons

I honestly can not think of a single one.

3 people found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate it!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Nov 7, 2019 - Safety in Catoosa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Melton is a great company with many opportunities to grow. They have amazing building to work in. They offer so many great benefits to their employees.

Cons

I have no cons to add.

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate it.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Melton is very much like the military. your not only a brotherhood but family

Sep 5, 2019 - Truck Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

i love the family atmosphere. the equipment is well maintained and the office staff is always good about not making me feel like just a truck number. they know me and my family.

Cons

I wish we did more Canada/Alaska loads. I wish Melton had a terminal in Arizona

1 person found this review helpful

Advertising and Social Media

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves in having a family atmosphere where everyone knows your name! Unfortunately, Melton does not go into Alaska at all at this time. Related to your comment about less drivers on each fleet, within the last few years we have moved all drivers off of Senior manager fleets so they can respond faster to issues that might arise.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews

Popular Careers with Melton Truck Lines Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Melton Truck Lines? Share Your Experiences

Melton Truck Lines logo

Company Updates

6 days ago

Community
Our newest Rookie of the Month is Bernardo R.! Benny started with Melton in June of 2021 and has been driving for a little over a year. He chose Melton because his Uncle told him great things about our company. He is glad that he took his advice. His Driver Manager, Wendy Rolnicki, had nothing but positive things to say about Benny. "Benny has been a wonderful addition to my fleet! He is always on time and manages his time well. He has a great attitude and always makes sure I know what is going on with his loads. He really deserves this honor and I look forward to working with him for many years to come." Congratulations, Benny!
Shared image

14 days ago

Community
Our newest Driver of the Month is Jack S. Jack has been with Melton for 20 years. He is a Senior Ambassador with over 2 million Melton Miles. Jack grew up in Montana but he now lives in the beautiful state of Utah. He gives a big shout out to his wife Teresa! Jack has driven a truck his whole life. His one tip to drivers is to have plenty of patience and a good support system at home. His Driver Manager, Jac Carpenter, loves having him on his fleet. "Jack is a great driver who recently celebrated his 2 million safe miles and was recognized at the Oklahoma Trucking Association (OTA) banquet. He is always on time and a pleasure to have on fleet 22!" Congratulations, Jack!
Shared image

Melton Truck Lines Photos

+ Add Photo
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Melton Drivers are the Best!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Driver Friendly Equipment
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Be Name, Not A Number
Melton Truck Lines photo of: No Flatbed Experience Necessary to Start! We Will Train You!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: No Matter What Your Experience Level Is, Melton Trains You for Success
Melton Truck Lines photo of: See the Country with Melton!
Melton Truck Lines photo of: Ask About Our Rider Policy!