64% would recommend to a friend
(1208 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management especially middle level" (in 85 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance because they expect you to always be there ready to go." (in 84 reviews)
- "2 years instead of 6 months (but this actually means the managers are good)." (in 41 reviews)
- "Low salary and basically it." (in 36 reviews)
- "long hours in the first couple of years which can be a draw back for some." (in 30 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Meltwater and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,208 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Never had more supportive leadership in any role I’ve been at. There is a lot of work, but a lot of support to help you accomplish your goals. Also amazing collaboration between all levels of employees without ego.
Most teams are across the globe and it would be nice to be able to meet in person more often, but that’s the nature of being global.
- 1.0Oct 23, 2023Sales ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 year
-Bond with your new hire class through the experience -You’ll get real comfortable on the phones and running the whole sales process
I’m writing what I wish someone told me before accepting this job. -Unrealistic quotas -Felt slimy and unethical at times -When I say burn and churn I mean to the extreme, by 6 months, less than 40% of my new hire class was still at the company -Micromanagement down to the minute -Young power hungry managers with very little training = the most toxic work environment I have ever experienced (think high school level drama and politics) -Textbook definition of pressure sales tactics -Required weekend homework -7am-5pm then more time spent at home to get tasks done otherwise you get humiliated in front of everyone the next day -Don’t be fooled there are so many other sales jobs out there with better compensation and management3
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023Customer Success Manager (CSM)Current EmployeeNew York, NY
Great people, good vibes, great mobility
Low diversity, micromanagement, aggressive sales, not flexible with remote optuons
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Area DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Great company. great leadership and lots of growth opportunities
Results oriented company. Not for everyone
- 4.0Oct 10, 2023Sales ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
The people are so motivating and it makes you want to work hard. They also make work so much fun and incentives are great.
Lots of cold calling, but they make the calling as fun as possible
Meltwater Reviews FAQs
Meltwater has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,337 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Meltwater to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
64% of Meltwater employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Meltwater 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.