MemberClicks Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
MemberClicks CEO and President Mark Sedgley
Mark Sedgley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A growing company with a true heart for service."

Current Employee - Director of Service in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Director of Service in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When you work for MemberClicks, you live the values every day. You strive to be shockingly refreshing and have a heart for service, and you can feel that coming from everybody. I was part of a MemberClicks acquisition last year, and the transition was about as smooth as it could have been. Of course, there was chaos and difficulty and turmoil and everything else that comes with major change, but that all pales when compared to the family into which I was invited. This is a company that truly cares about its employees and its customers and works hard every day to make it the best company it can be.

Cons

As is to be expected in an organization facing changes and growth, it can seem a little chaotic at times. There's still a lot of work to be done to completely integrate products and cultures from two different companies to make them one, but the leadership team is very conscious of that and is very good about being transparent and helping to ease and facilitate all changes.

Advice to Management

Keep advocating for your employees. Keep making them feel like what they are doing is worthwhile, and don't let anyone slip through the cracks, no matter how autonomous they may seem.

"Stressful and Unorganized"

Pros

- My coworkers are some of the best people
    - The new office is nice, a decent office park in Buckhead

Cons

- Very Stressful, No Work/Life Balance
    - Very Low Paying
    - Vulgar CEO
    - Uncaring Management

I have worked here for a while now. I used to love coming to work and being with my coworkers, but ever since the new growth and terrible leadership additions, things have been chaotic and have worsened.

This has become the most disorganized and “musical chairs” company I have ever worked for. Aside from a handful of people, we are all so very overworked and paid so very little. There are very few opportunities for growth, if any, and, honestly, I’m now afraid my years here have been a complete waste of time.

The conversations between my coworkers have definitely changed from, “I can’t wait to grow my career here” to “I’m looking for other jobs.” The culture is gone, most people are just going through the motions now until something better comes along. We truly do feel like management is “all talk”. They keep saying they care about us and are working on improvements, but things just keep getting worse. Honestly, it’s hard to stay motivated.

One of the favorite things management, especially the CEO, likes to say is “Do more with less.” I have come to realize that this very much translates to: “We aren’t going to give you the resources you need and we expect you to work your butt off for us for nothing in return.” The CEO also doesn’t seem to care if people are unhappy. In our company meeting he has often said “If you don’t want to work here, you don’t have to work here.” Does he even stop to think for a moment WHY people don’t want to work here? He is also pretty vulgar. If we actually had a professional HR department, he would not pass any tests.

I’m not saying this is the worst place to work, but there are far better companies with better management than this one and they will most likely pay more. I plan on making the most of my remaining time here, but am also looking forward to a better future at a different company.

"College Culture Mentality is Cool its Childish !!!"

Former Employee - Help Desk Tech in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Tech in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MemberClicks (More than a year)

Pros

To some people Free Beer is a plus
    Some workers kill it and are dependable
    CEO is a pro at motivating

Cons

Management sometimes has no idea what they are doing
    Some employee attitudes are unbearable
    No respect for the Help Team
    High School / College Clique mentality
    Obvious Favoritism
    Hard workers get over looked
    No HR means No way to safely report uncomfortable situations comfortably

Advice to Management

I have heard that the culture has shifted so Kudos to you, but some of the problematic staff still have been promoted and accepted despite their attitudes and insensitivity. I understand the startup feel you attempted to go for but the end result was a group of unprofessionals whom never quite understood others who had focus and drive. Hopefully moving forward or hopefully you have already seen that some of those changes have been met and the tone has shifted for future employee’s sake.

4. "Great People, Fun Culutre"

Former Employee - Business Operations Catalyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Operations Catalyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MemberClicks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at MemberClicks for just over five years. From the time I interviewed until my last day, I really felt at home. The company grew a lot in my time there and I enjoyed being part of the process. MemberClicks works hard to empower its employees and overall growth meant a lot of growing opportunities for current employees, not just new hires. I learned a lot in my time with MC and I am very grateful for that.

MC also has a great culture, with a focus on being a fun place to work, which I had not experienced with a company before. I enjoyed coming to work and appreciated how much attention was spent on trying to better the employees' experiences and keeping them happy.

Above all, my favorite part of MC was the people. I met some amazing people working there, who remain friends years later.

Cons

There was major growth my last year at MemberClicks and while that is a mostly positive, it also lent itself to some chaos. The CEO and management didn't gloss over this or pretend it wasn't felt, which helped ease some of the tension, but the ay-to-day could get a little more stressful than we were used to.

5. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - SRE Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - SRE Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MemberClicks is one of the few companies I've worked for (maybe the only one?) that legitimately cares deeply about both it's customers and it's employees. I think what I loved the most about MemberClicks is the transparency at all levels. If there was bad news to be broached, there was little to no sugar coating or smoothing it over... leadership doesn't try to "control" the flow of information or manipulate employees to accomplish goals. They were also a very counter-cultural group... ie; less rules and process, more empowerment and trust. Not everything was rainbows and butterflies, but acknowledging the issues publicly and working on them is also part of the company's DNA. To give you an idea of how effective of a culture the company has, it acquired a company of similar size, and successfully merged with it with very very few employees leaving. Exporting your culture to an acquired company while retaining almost all of the original employees is a true test of a MemberClick's culture.

Cons

Very few cons... if you need your work load "spoon fed" to you, then this isn't the place for you. You need to be comfortable with a little bit of chaos, you need to be willing to work hard (but not to an unrealistic degree), and you have to be an "out of the box" thinker in the engineering department. If you are a worker bee, you might not succeed at MemberClicks.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

6. "A Genuine Work Environment"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

This a great work opportunity for those who are seeking a refreshing work environment. You can truly be yourself here. The management team is full of excellent mentors who are more than willing to step in and help at any time. They epitomize leading by example. I am proud to work here and help serve the association and non-profit community.

Cons

Because it is a growing company, you have to be adaptable to growing pains.

7. "Truly Something Special"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture, invested and compassionate leadership, competitive pay / benefits (yoga! gym! OrangeTheory!) and a product that actively helps people.

Cons

Traffic around the office

8. "SALES DEVELOPMENT REP"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

Great work environment! work hard play hard

Cons

It's tough for Management to deal with such drastic change

9. "Outstanding Place to Work/Play"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

MemberClicks has a culture unlike any job I've ever experienced. Not only is our culture well-defined, but it is LIVED. This is the most transparent place I've been associated with, and it makes ALL the difference. I feel like I'm a part of something special, and as long as they'll have me, I'll be a loyal and excited member of the MemberClicks family.

Cons

We are experiencing tremendous growth, which can make things feel uncomfy at times, but the communication coming from our leadership softens that uncertainty a bit. CEO can sometimes play favorites or make people feel like he doesn't like them or care for them personally. I don't think it's intentional; just something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep people at the center, and we're going to do amazing things.

"The best place I've ever worked, bar none."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of companies will tout their culture, but most of the time it's self-serving promotional fluff. Here it's not, it's the real deal. MC cares deeply about it and never deviates from its values. No one points fingers or blames, there's a perfect balance of autonomy and collaboration. The work/life balance is perfect, and I've never met a better bunch of people.

Cons

It's a small company, so there isn't a straightforward ladder to climb for your career (there is huge flexibility to change positions or take on new responsibilities, though). People are tight-knit, so if you can't bond with your team you'll stick out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, don't let this place lose what makes it special.