MemberClicks Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
MemberClicks CEO and President Mark Sedgley
Mark Sedgley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The best place I've ever worked, bar none."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of companies will tout their culture, but most of the time it's self-serving promotional fluff. Here it's not, it's the real deal. MC cares deeply about it and never deviates from its values. No one points fingers or blames, there's a perfect balance of autonomy and collaboration. The work/life balance is perfect, and I've never met a better bunch of people.

Cons

It's a small company, so there isn't a straightforward ladder to climb for your career (there is huge flexibility to change positions or take on new responsibilities, though). People are tight-knit, so if you can't bond with your team you'll stick out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, don't let this place lose what makes it special.

2. "Amazing Culture, Amazing Product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MemberClicks is the only company I've worked for that truly has an open culture. The leadership team is very transparent and upfront about everything. The rest of the employees are very welcoming and hard working. Everyone works hard because they want to, they truly want to see the company and clients be successful. Everyone acts like a family and respects the need for a life outside of work.

Cons

If I have to write a con, donuts and other treats are brought it so often it's hart to resist and avoid "treating yourself" often!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and keep the core values at the top of mind as MemberClicks grows.

3. "MemberClicks Review"

Current Employee - Solutions Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks (Less than a year)

Pros

In bullet point form I'll list off some reasons why you should work at MemberClicks:

- Family
    - Growth
    - Transparency
    - Care
    - Future

This company has shown me what it means to love what you do. I come into work everyday and feel as though I'm coming to home to my second family. I can confide in the people around me and know that they have my best interests at heart. It took me a while to open up and feel comfortable but that has not stopped them from including me in anything from lunches to after-work activities. I have worked as a salesman almost my entire career and have not felt anywhere near as comfortable as I do here. The management genuinely cares about your growth more than the growth of the company. They will sit down and work with you to ensure you have all the resources possible to succeed. It is not easy getting a job here because a lot of care goes into selecting each member of this family. But if you are lucky enough to receive an offer, I can promise that this is where you can expect to succeed and retire from. This is an organization that cares for it's employees as much as they care for their clients. Transparency plays a big part in this company and it's culture. It takes thick skin to work here because you will be told straight up what you are doing right and wrong. It's all in an effort to help you grow. I know that if I choose to stay here for the rest of my career it will be a good choice. And even if I choose to leave, this company will teach me what I need to succeed elsewhere.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that seem reasonable. Work is hard, but rewarding. If you don't want to come into work everyday and bust your *** to succeed, then you would consider that a con, but then again that would mean you are probably not a good fit for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have never felt closer to management than I have with this organization.

MemberClicks Response

Sep 22, 2016 – VP Marketing

Thanks for the kind words. We've tried hard to build a culture that people love, and we're glad to see that it's working!

"My favorite place to work in my entire career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

I worked at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly feels like a flat-hierarchy. The managers (including the CEO) sit in cubicles among the employees most days, and are as real as people get. No micro-managing and no hand-holding. You are always aware of where you stand; no surprises at review time. The culture is OUTSTANDING. Located in awesome office park with lots of amenities.

Cons

If there is a con, maybe it's that there is, in fact, no hand-holding. If you're used to that in your career, you may struggle here.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees as equals and kicking butt in the industry. I will truly miss this place.

5. "A Hardworking, Fun Family!"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite thing about working at MemberClicks is how everyone, regardless of their department, is working together to support our mission. Keeping our mission and values at the forefront of everything we do bonds the employees together in a way that I can only compare to a family. We value each other, support each other, and just simply put... care about each other.

Cons

Because we are like a family, we always take it personally. This makes us better at supporting our mission, but if you are someone who does not like to be "involved", this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stopping bringing in donuts... you're making us fat!

6. "Awesome leadership and a great team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MemberClicks is truly a place like no other. Everyone is completely bought in on the success of the company. Your fellow employees work very hard to ensure that the unique culture of this company remains intact. I really value that everyone is ready to work very hard for our clients. Working that hard allows us to truly enjoy playing hard. I really love the people I work with, which makes this such an amazing place to work.

Cons

The only negative I could think of is the traffic you will often have to deal with working in the Buckhead area.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing. Stay true to the culture that has made this company great. Keeping that consistent will prepare us for a very bright future.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at MemberClicks is truly family-like. We are still small enough to where everyone knows each other name's and there are no barriers to asking anyone any question. MemberClicks tends to attract and/or breed workaholics-- in a good way. Individuals who are passionate about what they do and are committed to doing their best day in and day out. There are a host of amazing benefits and fun, company-planned events throughout the year but it's the daily camaraderie that makes this the amazing workplace environment it is.

Cons

Being a small organization, compensation at MemberClicks may not be as competitive as larger companies but the non-pay benefits more than adequately balance monetary pay. In addition to traditional health benefits, MemberClicks provides a CrossFit membership, flexible work hours, sick days that aren't counted, and a super chill work environment with snacks, beer, and games aplenty. MemberClicks is not an environment for those looking to climb a set 'corporate ladder' and hit career moves at certain intervals. There are definitely opportunities for growth and promotion, and many people (myself included) who have moved into new roles with more responsibility. MemberClicks always looks to fill open positions with internal candidates first, and looks to leverage the passions and strengths of team members in order to both best serve our customers and create a dynamic workplace that an individual can make a career at.

Advice to Management

As long as leadership continues to stay true to the core values of the MemberClicks culture, the sky is the limit!

"Great Company with an Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Project Director, Product Upgrades in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Director, Product Upgrades in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've genuinely enjoyed working at MemberClicks. I’ve been with the company for several years in a few different customer facing roles, and during that time I've developed a huge sense of loyalty to the company and customer base. We have a TON of fun at the office, but we also take our job really seriously. My coworkers are some of my best friends, and I love the culture and non-pay benefits.

I wouldn't list this as a con (which is why that section is empty), but it's worth mentioning: MemberClicks is not the sort of place where you're climbing an employment ladder. The company is small, so lateral movement is more common, but I've experienced that if you're willing to work hard, you will absolutely see the benefit. Upper management firmly believes in flexibility and putting each employee where they fit best, and being vocal is encouraged if you're positively contributing. It's not easy, as the day to day technology is always evolving and providing areas for growth, but the company makes a clear effort to balance and refresh employees so that we can refresh our customers, which makes for a good day to day experience.

Teamwork alongside healthy autonomy and independence are a big emphasis, as we're growing and aspiring to help associations, made up of real people, simplify their lives. Personally, I appreciate the opportunity to be innovative without being micromanaged in a really cool work environment with great people. Each team has a quarterly review process in place, and regular company wide meetings result in regular opportunities for feedback and open communication.

Work/life balance at MemberClicks is what you make it. In my experience, the hours can be flexible, and each department head knows and cares for their team on a personal level. We’ve built an awesome environment and a self policing one - if someone isn't pulling their weight, it becomes obvious quickly, and tends to take care of itself. It feels great to be part of a team where everyone is equally passionate about the goal and is willing to do whatever it takes to refresh customers and employees alike. The “that’s not my job” mentality doesn’t exist here - we’re a team, and we all pitch in where it’s needed from the CEO down through Marketing, Sales, Support/Operations, Product Development, and Engineering.

Overall, if you’re looking for a great company with excellent culture and leadership, an exciting future, and a fulfilling work experience, MemberClicks is one of the best out there.

Cons

None come to mind. It's a unique experience, for sure, but it's been a great one for me.

Advice to Management

I love the passion you have for transparent communication, and the way that managers interact with their teams.

9. "Great environment"

Pros

Coworkers are great which makes the company that much more enjoyable to work for. Employees are celebrated in impactful ways.

Cons

None that I can currently think of

"Things Are Different"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They market the company as cool, hip and a fun place to work. They do have a nice culture to work in, free food, fun and games and such. A work-hard, play-hard mentality.

Cons

Recently, in the past year or so, the turn over has been increasing. Our help team has basically been entirely turned over and i don't see an end in sight. Everyone here is afraid of the proverbial, "chopping block," now. Everyone is polarized now and things are different from when I started.

Management keeps touting a "new product," and has done so for so long that customers no longer believe in it.

Advice to Management

Give new hires ample time to on-board. Hire for attitude and train for skills. There's no sense in keep hiring and hiring new people only to cut them because of something stupid.