MemberClicks Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
MemberClicks CEO and President Mark Sedgley
Mark Sedgley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A growing company with a true heart for service."

Current Employee - Director of Service in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Director of Service in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When you work for MemberClicks, you live the values every day. You strive to be shockingly refreshing and have a heart for service, and you can feel that coming from everybody. I was part of a MemberClicks acquisition last year, and the transition was about as smooth as it could have been. Of course, there was chaos and difficulty and turmoil and everything else that comes with major change, but that all pales when compared to the family into which I was invited. This is a company that truly cares about its employees and its customers and works hard every day to make it the best company it can be.

Cons

As is to be expected in an organization facing changes and growth, it can seem a little chaotic at times. There's still a lot of work to be done to completely integrate products and cultures from two different companies to make them one, but the leadership team is very conscious of that and is very good about being transparent and helping to ease and facilitate all changes.

Advice to Management

Keep advocating for your employees. Keep making them feel like what they are doing is worthwhile, and don't let anyone slip through the cracks, no matter how autonomous they may seem.

2. "Great People, Fun Culutre"

Former Employee - Business Operations Catalyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Operations Catalyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MemberClicks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at MemberClicks for just over five years. From the time I interviewed until my last day, I really felt at home. The company grew a lot in my time there and I enjoyed being part of the process. MemberClicks works hard to empower its employees and overall growth meant a lot of growing opportunities for current employees, not just new hires. I learned a lot in my time with MC and I am very grateful for that.

MC also has a great culture, with a focus on being a fun place to work, which I had not experienced with a company before. I enjoyed coming to work and appreciated how much attention was spent on trying to better the employees' experiences and keeping them happy.

Above all, my favorite part of MC was the people. I met some amazing people working there, who remain friends years later.

Cons

There was major growth my last year at MemberClicks and while that is a mostly positive, it also lent itself to some chaos. The CEO and management didn't gloss over this or pretend it wasn't felt, which helped ease some of the tension, but the ay-to-day could get a little more stressful than we were used to.

3. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - SRE Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - SRE Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MemberClicks is one of the few companies I've worked for (maybe the only one?) that legitimately cares deeply about both it's customers and it's employees. I think what I loved the most about MemberClicks is the transparency at all levels. If there was bad news to be broached, there was little to no sugar coating or smoothing it over... leadership doesn't try to "control" the flow of information or manipulate employees to accomplish goals. They were also a very counter-cultural group... ie; less rules and process, more empowerment and trust. Not everything was rainbows and butterflies, but acknowledging the issues publicly and working on them is also part of the company's DNA. To give you an idea of how effective of a culture the company has, it acquired a company of similar size, and successfully merged with it with very very few employees leaving. Exporting your culture to an acquired company while retaining almost all of the original employees is a true test of a MemberClick's culture.

Cons

Very few cons... if you need your work load "spoon fed" to you, then this isn't the place for you. You need to be comfortable with a little bit of chaos, you need to be willing to work hard (but not to an unrealistic degree), and you have to be an "out of the box" thinker in the engineering department. If you are a worker bee, you might not succeed at MemberClicks.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

4. "A Genuine Work Environment"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

This a great work opportunity for those who are seeking a refreshing work environment. You can truly be yourself here. The management team is full of excellent mentors who are more than willing to step in and help at any time. They epitomize leading by example. I am proud to work here and help serve the association and non-profit community.

Cons

Because it is a growing company, you have to be adaptable to growing pains.

5. "Truly Something Special"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture, invested and compassionate leadership, competitive pay / benefits (yoga! gym! OrangeTheory!) and a product that actively helps people.

Cons

Traffic around the office

6. "SALES DEVELOPMENT REP"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

Great work environment! work hard play hard

Cons

It's tough for Management to deal with such drastic change

7. "Outstanding Place to Work/Play"

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time

Pros

MemberClicks has a culture unlike any job I've ever experienced. Not only is our culture well-defined, but it is LIVED. This is the most transparent place I've been associated with, and it makes ALL the difference. I feel like I'm a part of something special, and as long as they'll have me, I'll be a loyal and excited member of the MemberClicks family.

Cons

We are experiencing tremendous growth, which can make things feel uncomfy at times, but the communication coming from our leadership softens that uncertainty a bit. CEO can sometimes play favorites or make people feel like he doesn't like them or care for them personally. I don't think it's intentional; just something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep people at the center, and we're going to do amazing things.

"The best place I've ever worked, bar none."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of companies will tout their culture, but most of the time it's self-serving promotional fluff. Here it's not, it's the real deal. MC cares deeply about it and never deviates from its values. No one points fingers or blames, there's a perfect balance of autonomy and collaboration. The work/life balance is perfect, and I've never met a better bunch of people.

Cons

It's a small company, so there isn't a straightforward ladder to climb for your career (there is huge flexibility to change positions or take on new responsibilities, though). People are tight-knit, so if you can't bond with your team you'll stick out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, don't let this place lose what makes it special.

9. "Amazing Culture, Amazing Product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MemberClicks is the only company I've worked for that truly has an open culture. The leadership team is very transparent and upfront about everything. The rest of the employees are very welcoming and hard working. Everyone works hard because they want to, they truly want to see the company and clients be successful. Everyone acts like a family and respects the need for a life outside of work.

Cons

If I have to write a con, donuts and other treats are brought it so often it's hart to resist and avoid "treating yourself" often!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and keep the core values at the top of mind as MemberClicks grows.

"MemberClicks Review"

Current Employee - Solutions Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MemberClicks (Less than a year)

Pros

In bullet point form I'll list off some reasons why you should work at MemberClicks:

- Family
    - Growth
    - Transparency
    - Care
    - Future

This company has shown me what it means to love what you do. I come into work everyday and feel as though I'm coming to home to my second family. I can confide in the people around me and know that they have my best interests at heart. It took me a while to open up and feel comfortable but that has not stopped them from including me in anything from lunches to after-work activities. I have worked as a salesman almost my entire career and have not felt anywhere near as comfortable as I do here. The management genuinely cares about your growth more than the growth of the company. They will sit down and work with you to ensure you have all the resources possible to succeed. It is not easy getting a job here because a lot of care goes into selecting each member of this family. But if you are lucky enough to receive an offer, I can promise that this is where you can expect to succeed and retire from. This is an organization that cares for it's employees as much as they care for their clients. Transparency plays a big part in this company and it's culture. It takes thick skin to work here because you will be told straight up what you are doing right and wrong. It's all in an effort to help you grow. I know that if I choose to stay here for the rest of my career it will be a good choice. And even if I choose to leave, this company will teach me what I need to succeed elsewhere.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that seem reasonable. Work is hard, but rewarding. If you don't want to come into work everyday and bust your *** to succeed, then you would consider that a con, but then again that would mean you are probably not a good fit for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have never felt closer to management than I have with this organization.

MemberClicks Response

Sep 22, 2016 – VP Marketing

Thanks for the kind words. We've tried hard to build a culture that people love, and we're glad to see that it's working!