Memeo Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Memeo Inc. Reviews

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"One of the best product teams around"

I worked at Memeo Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open (agile-like) work environment, great leadership. Crazy smart, creative, talented people in the product team. Very open executive leadership.

Cons

Middle management (disclosure: I was one of them) doesn't motivate engineering staff effectively. Too many cooks in the pot, which has created the typical power struggles among my former peers.

2. "Can be good place to work if you keep your head down."

I worked at Memeo Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the engineers were the best I've worked with. Some, the worst. I have to say I learned a lot (technically) working here.

Cons

A particularly weak management team. Management had no clue about actually motivating people. The open office is noisy and it is hard to concentrate due to the constant fire fighting. If you've got opinions, watch out. You may be blamed for some amazing things. Granted, this was before the buyout. I would stay away from any company where management from Memeo is now employed.

3. "Small company with a"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Memeo Inc. full-time

Pros

Well managed small company with break even finances. Poised to break out and become very profitable. A good company if you like to step up and solve problems regardless of whether it is "your responsibility" or not.

Cons

Will adjust the personnel to match revenues which means that even if you are doing a good job, if they don't need your skill anymore, you will be gone.

4. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Memeo Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing I could think of.

Cons

Even before getting the product stable, the company wants to sell it to the customers who will do the required testing and bug reporting.

Advice to Management

Get more smart people and pay them well.

5. "Memes"

Pros

It was very interesting. I thought it was about memes but I guess j was wrong. Besides that though, everything was nice.

Cons

It obviously wasn't about memes. So in that regard it was terrible. I don't think I saw a single meme.

Advice to Management

Dank

"Past management was great"

Pros

It was a great team and company to work at

Cons

New management need some improvement

7. "good company, great company ok ok ok"

Former Employee - CCP
    Former Employee - CCP

I worked at Memeo Inc. full-time

Pros

good pay, nice environment anything

Cons

no benefits, low pay,anything but here

8. "Like any startup, you have it all...the ups and downs. Depends what you're looking for."

Current Employee - An Okay Place to Work, Not Exactly A Technology Visionary Though

Pros

A very senior and experience management team. They've seen it all, done it all. Not swayed by new, sexy trends. Employee-focused, like a family. Nice guys, no politics, no drama. Treats employees like adults. Safe, nice, and steady place to work. A real nice change as far as startups go. Rarely have to worry about the security of the company.

Cons

Lots of random product initiatives. Seem to come out of left field. Gets frustrating. Little strategy. Few employees actually know what the vision is. Where the company is going. Slow on getting into new markets. Quite a bit of me-too development, just copying. Not a totally recognizable brand, not every well-known beyond their industry. Two different offices kills the culture a bit. Not totally cutting-edge in anything.

Advice to Management

More focus. Less random stuff. Need real leadership at the top of the engineering group for more discipline and vision.