Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Staff Nurse"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly environment . Staff is great to work with.

Cons

Pay is not the best.

2. "They were a nice place to work but the pay was not up to current pay scale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They never lay off but they cut hours down so you will always have work. They have a very strict dress code but you never see patients. They have a few good team leaders but most of the managers are not so great. They used to have incentives but they keep cutting them down.

Cons

You will always will have work, they are mostly women and work is massive, they are on a limit to get work done

Advice to Management

Please expect to get low pay for the massive workload that is given. They are not owned by Memorial they have been outsourced to another company Conifer Health and they don't have a local office everything is in Texas and they don't fix any problems quickly

3. "Full-time NOT"

Former Employee - Secretary in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Secretary in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent vision. They really believe and practice that their job is a ministry not just a job.

Cons

While I was hired as full-time, due to Administrations focus on productivity I was unable to get a full paycheck for quite a while. I finally got extra hours in another department but it was confusion and hard to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Trust your supervisors. Most of the ones I met really care deeply about the company and the employees.

4. "Caring mission"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Ooltewah, TN
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Ooltewah, TN

Pros

My time at Memorial Ooltewah was wonderful, my coworkers were like a family and my supervisor was caring and passionate.

Cons

Management at the main hospital was iffy at best, they were often forgetful that we existed and I was thankful to not have worked there.

Advice to Management

To the management at Memorial Hospital Main, listen to your employees, trust those that are working hard and get rid of those that are troublesome. There's a reason lots of people have problems with them.

5. "Not employee friendly"

Current Employee - ER Tech in Hixson, TN
    Current Employee - ER Tech in Hixson, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You have the protection of CHI funding, so its low on lay offs. because of its magnet hospital accreditation its has very good patient care.

Cons

very high turn over. big racial issues and verbal slander. Ive been called colored twice and nothing was done to the nurses. Memorial was a good place when the catholic nuns was over the hospital now its not a good environment

6. "It's not terrible, I feel like they do try, and I fear things are worse at other hospitals in our area"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are trying to become a magnet hospital which if they get, nurses will have a greater voice! We do get minimal pay raises....my personal manager is good- work around school schedule well- people overall seem to like this faith based hospital and it has a caring atmosphere

Cons

Opportunities to advance are for bachelor degree nurses- not all mgmt is good, I'm just lucky. Overworked and underpaid. Tennessee nurses need a union so we can have proper representation. Keep adding more and more for one RN to do on the job. Poor documentation system, for crying out loud spend some of your millions on a up to date documentation system, we need off this DOS system!!!! Not putting money where it's needed, but instead into more buildings (show) and have to park a mile away, in a dangerous area! Fine you $100 for parking anywhere else!!! They need a parking garage that employees can park in, invest money into that!!!

Advice to Management

Please take care of your nurses and get us our new EPIC documentation system! That would decrease our documentation time and therefore increase our patient satisfaction scores by allowing us to spend more time at the bedside! I would pay money out of my paycheck annually to pitch in towards a parking garage for employees, and I think others would be willing to do this as well! We need an on site gym! Here we are healthcare yet we can't exercise at an onsite facility in all the money recently spent on the hospital!? Please and thank you

7. "Management and staff are liars and backstabbers."

Former Employee - CNA in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - CNA in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New north tower to work in.

Cons

Employees pretend to be your friend but will back stab you in a heartbeat. HR doesn't investigate matters they only take one persons side of the story (whoever complains first). The managers are two faced and the turnover is very high. Complaining to the CEO or Vice president does nothing because all they care about is profit. The company spouts compassion and excellence but it fails to show their employees these core values. It's sad that an organization that professes the teachings of Jesus Christ are far far from them, instead they deceive and destroy like their adversary Satan.

Advice to Management

Requirements for management should be compassion and excellence practiced in real life. They should not be cast sexist or religious judgement on those that don't share the same religious beliefs.

8. "Good experience- great hospital"

Former Employee - Project Exe in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Project Exe in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment and good culture

Cons

CHI- the parent company in Denver

Advice to Management

Be more consistent

9. "Great for patients, not so much for employees"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ample opportunities for overtime, strong commitment to the patient and their wellbeing.

Cons

The unit nurses tend to be "clique-y" which is also noted by the physicians to be detrimental to care. While the hospital strives to excel in patient care, they fail to excel in employee retention and care. They do not follow their own mission statement when it comes to their employees. They do not value a job well done or loyalty.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism to friends versus your regular employees. Treat employees as you treat your patients, value them for what they do for you.

10. "Great learning experience."

Former Employee - Surical Case Prep Tech in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Surical Case Prep Tech in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place if your a patient.

Cons

Not allow to express feelings or concerns privately

Advice to Management

Be more srlective in your hiring of management