KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Memorial Hermann Health System

Is this your company?

Memorial Hermann Health System

Add a Review

Memorial Hermann Health System Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated Dec 3, 2020

3.9
Memorial Hermann Health System President and CEO Dr. David L. Callender
Dr. David L. Callender
Pros
  • "Overall Good benefits, good team(in 53 reviews)

• "Nice work environment, good benefit(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems out of touch with the needs of employees(in 23 reviews)

• "Health insurance benefits need to improve(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Memorial Hermann Health System and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Been working for 4months

Oct 3, 2019 - RN, Bsn in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great help from co-workers, supportive managers

Cons

Health insurance is not soo good No scheduled lunch break

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good but needs improvement.

Oct 22, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning experience in ICU

Cons

Health insurance benefits need to improve

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Typical hospital.

Dec 3, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Sugar Land, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, magnet focused, but overall a decent hospital. No hospital can be perfect.

Cons

Below average pay, sub par health insurance, understaffed, hard to advance in career

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall good company

Nov 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Too many changes in leadership, terrible health insurance, no clear direction regarding the future.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Incredible place to work!

Oct 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

TIRR is seriously one of the best facilities I've ever worked in (and I've worked in multiple settings, both full time and as contract). The culture here has constantly pushed me to grow as a clinician and as a person. Being "good" at what we do isn't enough - we strive to constantly be better and better in order to provide the patients with the best possible chance of recovery. The patients and their families inspire me daily and my co-workers are some of the most dedicated, compassionate therapists I've ever seen.

Cons

It is a high-stress facility. That just comes from working with the catastrophic injuries that we see on a daily basis. It's impossible NOT to get close to the patients and families that we see for at least an hour and a half every day, for sometimes several weeks. That being said, I do feel like our management and leadership staff do a good job of preparing us and giving us the resources we need to do our job as well as throw in some fun stuff here and there just to "de-stress." As for benefits, health insurance gets worse each year with less coverage, higher premiums and higher deductibles.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Nurturing Community

Jul 24, 2015 - Family Nurse Practitioner
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working for this company. Everyone here is passionate about what they do! I work in one of the outpatient clinics. My hours are good and the staff is great. The whole culture of the company is just inviting. This Hospital system truly cares for it's staff.

Cons

The two cons I have noticed my short time working here is the response of HR to applying for different positions. I don't have health insurance through Memorial Hermann but I heard it was not that great.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

NICU RN

May 4, 2017 - Registered Nurse, Critical Care in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is constantly expanding so you can most likely find a position anywhere in the Houston area. The TMC location is very high acuity so it is an excellent place to learn. They are very education focused and are willing to reimburse for training and certifications. Lots of opportunity to transfer to other departments

Cons

The health insurance is limited to Memorial Hermann facilities for the most part, and it gets more expensive every year. They are often making budget cuts which usually results in more work for the nurses. At least in the NICU, they make you feel expendable and can easily be replaced. Constant turn over rate Very heavy assignments

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not the worst

Feb 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Higher paying than some but ruthless about standby/call and changing work schedules. Most of the employees are team players. The staff is friendly.

Cons

The health insurance is costly and doesn't cover enough with all providers. My provider was originally in the HMO. Then left the group. I selected another PCP at that group and now I am finding less and less being covered including meds.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

There is room for improvement.

Oct 8, 2013 - Clinical Staff in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are hospitals all over the city; job stability; reasonable salaries and benefits.

Cons

Few opportunities to move up the ladder; health insurance applies exclusively to Memorial Hermann facilities and Memorial Hermann contracted physicians and providers; performance reviews have all but disappeared; no opportunities to negotiate salaries from one year to the next; upper executives and directors get all the perks; not sure how managers are selected. There are some very mediocre managers.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Anonymous

Sep 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, decent 401k but limited fund choices, some very good people. Management is "ok". Some professional autonomy. Room to improve.

Cons

The employee health insurance is absolutely, unequivocally, and totally garbage. You're better off just being uninsured. It's actually insulting how poor the insurance is. Mandatory mail order pharmacy, prior authorizations for a bandaid or an aspirin. Worst health plan I've ever seen in my entire life.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews

Popular Careers with Memorial Hermann Health System Job Seekers

Graduate Nurse
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Patient Access Representative
    Learn About the Job
    Staffing Specialist (Premiere Staffing )