Memorial Hermann Health System "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Memorial Hermann Health System Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 7, 2019

3.7
Memorial Hermann Health System President and CEO Dr. David L. Callender  (no image)
Dr. David L. Callender
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall Good"

Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is decent and the amount of time-off provided is nice.

Cons

First learning my job there was no training and I often felt my performance was terrible because there was no communication from upper management on how well I was doing. I felt discouraged and unmotivated at times. I did eventually receive a positive performance review after 6 months but prior to that I felt in the dark.

Advice to Management

When it comes to those under you, give them some recognition on the hard work they are doing. A small compliment goes a long way and motivates that individual to do better.

Memorial Hermann Health System2019-12-08
  2. "N/a"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere with good front line staff

Cons

Upper management wanting more patients and less staff to take care of them

Advice to Management

Hire more nurses or cap rooms

Memorial Hermann Health System2019-06-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "You can do better..."

Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff I work with

Cons

Aside from my actual job, this was my least liked hospital system to work for. The pay is not as competitive as other hospitals and the revolving door of upper management is annoying.

Advice to Management

Take pride in the hospital and it’s employees. The mill run that’s going on is blatantly obvious.

Memorial Hermann Health System2019-04-30
  5. "Culture"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with

Cons

Benefits expensive, nickel and dime everything, parking, upper management bubble look down upon others

Advice to Management

Change elitist attitude

Memorial Hermann Health System2019-04-08
  6. "Review"

I worked at Memorial Hermann Health System for more than 10 years

Pros

Great co-workers, advancement opportunities, and many facilities to choose and many specialities.

Cons

Lack of clear direction from upper management, company is reorganizing so a lot of changes at this time

Advice to Management

Better communication to lower management and staff

Memorial Hermann Health System2017-10-05
  7. "Medical biller"

I worked at Memorial Hermann Health System

Pros

insurance was available to employees

Cons

upper management needs to be rebuilt

Memorial Hermann Health System2017-09-21

"Occupational Therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with a great team of therapist who truly go the extra mile to help each other. Tons of learning and mentorship available. Direct management very supportive.

Cons

Poor work/life balance and high stress work environment. Low pay. Minimal collaboration with nursing leading to poor carryover and outcomes for patients as well as numerous safety concerns. Upper management out of touch with day to day operations within therapy department and seem more concerned with hospital "appearance".

Advice to Management

More support and collaboration with therapy staff.

Memorial Hermann Health System2017-03-05
  9. "Very large hospital system, so many choices of when & where to work."

Current Employee - Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a very large system with lots of opportunities and they offer a variety of benefits and discount programs.

Cons

Many of the decisions that affect the front line staff are made by upper management without the input of frontline employees.

Advice to Management

Give frontline staff more input

Memorial Hermann Health System2016-11-10
  10. "Stay away"

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time

Pros

Plenty of job opportunities since no one stays in place too long

Cons

This place is run like a for profit company. Upper management will use revenues as an excuse for poor raise and poor benefits. Despite some of the upper management making more than 2 millions, the rest of us are treated like cattle. We have been loosing some very valuable nurse with no effort to try to keep them. No one worries about the impact of their decision on patient care. all that matter is the bottom line of the revenues, funny for a non profit company. This company keep advertising how great they take care of their employee while the turn around in some areas like OR, ER and ICU is unbelievable. Lower management in these areas ( clinical director and manager) are constantly changing (fired or moved around).

Advice to Management

Start treating your employee like you would like to be treated, stop using the non profit status to claim ridiculous salaries (DOn Woltermann 5 millions/year) while our raise does not keep with inflation. Stop claiming your investing in your employee while our benefits have been declining every year.

Memorial Hermann Health System2016-07-21
  11. "Desktop Support At it's Worst!"

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are OK, could be better. Really enjoy working with my co-workers.

Cons

There use to be a time I enjoyed coming to work but now, not so much! In the past 3 years, things have really went downhill is this department and it's mainly due to new upper management that do not have a clue on how the system works. That being said, they start playing the blame game on the employees who has been there for years and fired them while they keep there jobs! Bring in old friends from previous jobs to fill in roles and lay the ones who has been there for years off and offer them higher pay! Forget about career growth in this department! That will never happen, the Director himself barely speaks to anyone unless you're one his buddies from his old job or someone he personally knows, It's seems that he is on a mission to take out the employees who has been there for years, to bring in new ones! So far, it has been working 2 lay-offs (brought in more buddies to fill those roles) fired a Manager who been there for years. Also,a lot of turn overs. People are either transferring to new departments or leaving altogether. I'm sure it will be more to come! I'm in the process myself to look for new work before I become the next target!

Advice to Management

Learn the process first and then change it if necessary. Stop playing the blame game and take responsibly on what you're hiring to do!

Memorial Hermann Health System2016-06-22