Memorial Sloan Kettering Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Last but not least there is no room for growth unless you work in administration or at the Main campus in NY (in 16 reviews)

• Base post doc salary with no experience is 50K, which does not really defray the high cost of living in New York (in 12 reviews)

1. "Research Fellow"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing place for postdoctoral training, excellent research facilities, easy to create collaborations

Cons

For a research fellow, really long hours, the benefits are not as good as what MSKCC can in fact provide

2. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, management is awesome, benefits and perks are great, work is rewarding, coworkers are hard working, knowledgeable and are all there for one purpose saving lives!

Cons

None at all, I am sad to leave this company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Clinical Nurse I"

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse I in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Nurse I in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Magnet status, great benefits and wonderful environment to work in. Nurses are very supportive I've heard but cannot tell yet since I just started

Cons

No cons as of now. I commute and it might take me a while to get use to it. Otherwise, great hospital for the start!

4. "MSKCC"

Current Employee - Accounting Operations Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accounting Operations Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, great management, great benefits

Cons

Good opportunities don't open up fast enough

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rewarding work. Team work culture. Excellent continuing education plan. Appreacative customers. Many opportunities to contribute to area of expertise and to share skills and knowledge with other professionals. Many ongoing efforts to incorporate technology and social media platform to enhance current care and improve the patient and employee experience.

Cons

Occasional silos, hierarchy and delays can detract from productivity in certain disciplines but self starters can navigate.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the doors of communication and engagement open. Amazing and dedicated people people are here at all levels. Weed out detractors and continue to celebrate diversity.

6. "6 years of experience"

Current Employee - Research Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great company culture, and great paid time off

Cons

pay in research roles aren't very competitive

7. "."

Former Employee - RSA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - RSA in New York, NY

I worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and supportive team

Cons

Clinical Trials Office is very unhelpful. Work done by RSAs is mostly not recognized or appreciated. High turn over rate.

8. "Very comfortable and engaging interviewer!"

Current Employee - Session Assistant I in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Session Assistant I in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture that promotes diversity and inclusion. The fact that it's one of the top cancer hospitals in the world!

Cons

There aren't any I can think of! Maybe the salary for entry level is on the lower end...other than that, nothing!

Advice to Management

You're doing a fine job!

9. "Employee policy rules of hiring and termination"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons that I have for working at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is the benefits and the way you can excel in the organization.

Cons

My down side of the organization is the way how you can loose your job over simple mistakes and how the communication process is not correct.

Advice to Management

All employees should be treated fairly not on accusations of older employees and employees that don't like other employees it is not right to take away a male or female livihood just because of false pretense.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Response

Apr 1, 2017 – Talent Community Manager

We appreciate your feedback, and recommend that you discuss your specific concerns with your HR Business Partner.

10. "Clinical Research Supervisor"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan Kettering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kind staff members to work with who for the most part that are equally dedicated to getting the work done.

Cons

Company overall has become increasingly more corporate over the last five years, which has significantly changed the working environment for those who have been at the institution for several years.

Advice to Management

Get down in the trenches with staff members to better inform your decisions, in this way staff members don't have to constantly try to demonstrate that something is difficult or they are encountering issues. And if you are unwillingly to get down in the trenches, then you have to take what staff say at face value.