Menorah Medical Center Staff RN Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Rehab"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse

Pros

Great team work, great support

Cons

Not enough staff, human resources has too much power

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse (Staff) in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of great employees and group of people to work with.

Cons

never seems to be enough tech's as a nurse you do a lot of primary care, this is a hospital for profit.

Advice to Management

look at how your staff struggles and is left documenting an hour later than change of shift? Dont let your tech's go early to save money and then, send a nurse to do a tech job!

3. "Okay"

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

found good people to work with

Cons

too much work. inconsistent work load

5. "MMC - Nice place to work."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse (Staff) in Overland Park, KS

Pros

I actually had a great orientation process. It was very organized and I was given a 3-ring binder that had a printed schedule of what the agenda was for the entire week during hospital orientation. After that, once I was on my unit, the unit educator was even more organized and had detailed lists and schedules as to who I would be orienting with each day and what my goals were - even though I was an experienced nurse, she started simple and added various tasks each day, in regard to which type of patient assignments I should be taking. I think that this was the most organized orientation I have ever been through, plus I had daily interaction with the manager and the educator so that they could monitor how my orientation process was going.

Other pros to Menorah include the salary and benefits. There also seems to be ample equipment on our unit - we always have what we need to do our job.

Cons

Never before have I worked with a group of nurses that are so frantic. These dayshift nurses think that everything is a huge deal and they overreact to every little event. Meanwhile, their patient care suffers and there is a lot of dumping between dayshift into the nightshift - a ton of things get left for nights to handle and it's ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Hold your nurses and other staff accountable for their actions and insist that they provide the best service possible. Our clientele is largely upscale and sometimes I think that we do not meet their expectations. I don't see 110% being given every day.