KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mental Health Cooperative Reviews

Updated Sep 15, 2021

Found 123 of over 125 reviews

3.6
Mental Health Cooperative Chief Executive Officer Pamela J. Womack (no image)
Pamela J. Womack
Pros
  • "Good benefits, good accrual of PTO, flexible schedule, meet great coworkers(in 8 reviews)

• "My fellow case managers were like family and there are a handful that without a doubt, will be life long friends(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The safely of case managers is not a concern, and neither are their livelihood(in 16 reviews)

• "Stress from dealing with consumers(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Loved this organization

Sep 15, 2021 - Social Worker/Case Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. Staff is appreciated and recognized for hard work. Very supportive management. Flexible schedule.

Cons

A lot of driving at times. Pay starts off low but its easy to get raises and get promoted within.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start

Sep 3, 2021 - Child and Youth Care Manager in Chattanooga, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start your career wether you want to move up in the company or use it as a launching pad, it’s great experience and will have lots of support

Cons

Cons are out of MHC but with the nature of the job can be time consuming with documentation and can be stressful with higher case loads. Doing self care and setting boundaries is crucial.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Incredible

Aug 16, 2021 - Care Management Supervisor in Columbia, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO policy is incredible. Culture is progressive and strengths based

Cons

Maybe growing faster than it has the infrastructure to support.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Aug 10, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very understanding and fair to employees. Great benefits and employee incentives. A team environment that feels more like family. Casual dress.

Cons

Because of the nature of this work, even if you work in the office, you don't see everyone everyday because employees are on the go. Clinics are spread out across the state so you may not meet everyone at the company.

5. 1.0

Hell Hole

Aug 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The free food other hospitals would give to us, and that is pretty much it.

Cons

Where do I begin? MHC is ran by morons. There is no room for advancement. You are underpaid and overworked. Supervisors are too scared to address actual concerns amongst employees.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Treat your employees better

Jun 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good PTO and other benefits, except the health insurance sucks. Important work that many who work there feel passionately about. Good clinical experience.

Cons

Pay is way too low for what the company makes every year. Lots of bloated salaries at the top, when the majority of employees do not make a living wage. Health insurance benefits suck. Some departments run like dysfunctional/abusive families. Undervalued, underpaid, overworked. Lots of focus on “productivity” numbers. There is some good work going on here, but they will take advantage and work you until you’ve got nothing left. Don’t ever sign a contract with them. If they are advertising “free clinical supervision,” ask lots of questions and don’t sign the contract. Don’t sign the contract. Especially if they spring it on you after you’ve already been working there. If you sign the contract and have to leave prior to the end of the contract, they may withhold every single paycheck they can before you leave. This can potentially mean not getting paid for your last SEVERAL paychecks. It doesn’t matter why you have to leave or that they have been paying you a low wage for your entire career there. It doesn’t matter how much money you actually made them throughout your career there. They will not give you credit for any time served on the contract. They will act like they are willing to set up a payment plan with you, but before you ever hear back about it you will just stop receiving a paycheck with no notice. They do not pay enough to charge for clinical supervision. Beware and don’t believe the gaslighting.

Human Resource Director

Thank you for leaving this feedback. We are happy to see that you appreciated the PTO and other great benefits that we are able to provide here at Mental Health Cooperative. We’re committed to helping everyone continue to grow and couldn’t be happier that you recognize how passionate we are about our work. We hate to hear you had a poor experience with us but we are always looking to improve. Thank you again for leaving your feedback here on Glassdoor. Wishing you well in all future endeavors.

7. 3.0

Good company

Jun 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Easy to accrue PTO

Cons

Not a good work-life balance if you have a family, unreasonable expectations for case managers with high caseloads, high turnover rates.

Human Resource Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on Glassdoor. We read every review so that we can learn from our current and former employees. We greatly appreciate your recognition of our generous benefits, including 9 paid holidays, and our PTO plans! While we’re sorry you are no longer with us, we are grateful for your feedback and that you took the time to leave this review. Thank you for being a part of our MHC family & best of luck on your future endeavors.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Pto

Apr 25, 2021 - Case Manager in Gallatin, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to accrue a lot of PTO

Cons

High case loads at times

Human Resource Director

Thank you for leaving your review here on Glassdoor and for being a part of Team MHC! We are glad to see that you appreciate the generous Paid Time Off that we are able to offer our employees. We know that our staff works hard to provide the best care to our consumers and this is just one way we like to show how much each & every one of you are appreciated! Thank you again for leaving this feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good starting position

Apr 20, 2021 - Care Manager in Antioch, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO, flexible schedule, mostly work remote

Cons

not great pay, sometimes case loads are big and hard to manage, clinic can be approved

Human Resource Director

Thank you for leaving this positive feedback! We are thrilled that you appreciate our terrific benefits and the flexibility that we are able to offer at MHC. These are a few of the many great things our employees notice when they come to work with us. We want you to know we absolutely recognize the hard work and dedication of our care managers. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our consumers and community are priceless. We know caseload size can be an issue at times and we are doing our very best to balance best practice with the realities of our system. Please know that we are constantly working to keep caseloads in the ideal range. Again, we appreciate your feedback here! Thank you for being a part of our team!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just okay

Apr 17, 2021 - Intensive Services Case Manager in Cleveland, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

You dictate your own schedule and have freedom in planning your day.

Cons

Overwhelming caseload, unrealistic expectations from anyone above a site supervisory role.

Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts about your experience working at MHC. We are so happy to see that you enjoy the flexibility that working at Mental Health Cooperative provides! In regards to your feedback on caseload, our senior management team is constantly working to better manage the number of cases our Care Managers carry. Please know we will continue to work to keep caseloads in the ideal range. Thank you again for your input and thank you for being a part of Team MHC!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 Reviews