Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America CEO Arwed Niestroj
Arwed Niestroj

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance and recognizes employee achievements (in 6 reviews)

• Full-time employee benefits are standard (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • tung gering im Vergleich zu anderen Silicon valley Unternehmen (in 4 reviews)

• All the decisions controlled by German counterpart (in 16 reviews)

"Very creative company, at the forefront of cutting edge technology and design, great employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- The company creates outstanding user experience and exterior design for top luxury cars
    - The technologies, engineering and solutions are cutting edge, especially from the headquarter in Silicon Valley
    - The brands, especially Mercedes-Benz, are well recognized and I am proud working on these great products
    - Many opportunities to drive Mercedes cars
    - The company has great corporate values and shows big appreciation for the very hard work we are doing
    - The company continues to grow very quickly, with many engineering and design jobs being created

Cons

- The room to grow is somewhat limited, but still many opportunities are available if you look at the company size

Advice to Management

- Please continue to grow, and invest in the U.S., create many more jobs as done in the last three years

"MBRDNA is an innovative powerhouse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are great people that work here. They are smart, hardworking, and fun to hang around with.

Cons

It is hard to state cons. Sure we don't offer free lunches to stuff our faces, but what is more important? Lunch or premium healthcare, 401K with 75 cents to the dollar matching, and a pension plan that rarely exist? Hey Google and Facebook: You know what they say, there is no such things as free lunches.

Advice to Management

We look forward to more consistent get togethers and opportunities to interact with the other departments here. I feel like we can learn more from each other. Lets break down the silos!

"Awesome Boss! Great Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work/Life Balance
    - Great Benefits
    - Learning Opportunities
    - Very supportive and involved supervisor who does not micro-manage. Gives me the tools I need to improve myself and my career.
    - I feel like my efforts are appreciated and have a direct benenfit to the performance of my work area
    - When I visit Palo Alto office, the CEO always takes the time to talk with me and have lunch and/or dinner with me and my team.

Cons

- Redford, MI location is not terrible, but not appealing either. Facilities are cramped and outdated
    - Coworkers with low morale

Advice to Management

- The morale issue must be dealt with. I am isolated from this because I work on a great team, but I see other teams with very low morale.

4. "I was an intern for several months"

Former Employee - Intern in Redford, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Redford, MI

Pros

-good working atmosphere (depends on team tho)
    -good learning opportunities (depends on supervisor tho)
    -there are many German employees as it's a German company
    -everybody was helpful

Cons

-rivalry among senior managers

"Great place to work"

Pros

Great facility, nice amenities, people are nice, team members are great to work with, flexible work hours.

Cons

There are other reviews that talk about management lacking or just don't care. I say pay a bit more attention. Have you noticed that we have a new CEO that has been assigned to turn the place around? We have a new HR rep that has extensive experience in the Valley, and more executives being hired that are non-German. Change does not happen over night, but it is happening.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. There will always be disgruntled employees no matter what you improve on. And you know who they are. Just fire them so we can all move this company ahead in peace.

"Great company and better things to come"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly skilled, talented and motivated colleagues. Worked along side some of the best engineers and policy individuals in the business. Great work environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance and recognizes employee achievements.

Cons

MBRDNA values highly specialized skills expertise making it difficult to experience different areas for developmental purposes.

Advice to Management

Highly encouraged by the current leadership team. They embrace the "Best or Nothing" slogan of Mercedes-benz and I recommend them keep listening to employees and working towards making MBRDNA the benchmark for work environments.

7. "Annonymous"

Current Employee - Human Resources & Staffing in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources & Staffing in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Great place to work with lots of smart people. Amazing work culture with lots of innovative cutting edge automotive technology. Excellent benefits and perks. Car perk for employees is great!

Cons

Need to automate a lot of redundant processes.

8. "contract"

Pros

It's a good environment for work. Friendly people.

Cons

No career opportunities when you're a contracted.

9. "IT Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Company allow to make decisions. Still growing and a lots of new opportunities.

Cons

Department and location collaboration is difficult.

10. "Intern"

Pros

Interesting tasks, friendly and smart colleagues, great cars, awesome team

Cons

More feedback to interns during the assignment.