Mercedes-Benz USA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 10, 2021

Found 40 of over 583 reviews

3.8
Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Nicholas Speeks
Nicholas Speeks
Pros
  • "great company with great benefits(in 31 reviews)

• "great people, flexible work, opportunity to be innovative/strategic(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Car business has a hard work life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Long hours, no change management(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mercedes-Benz USA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Training and Opportunities

Dec 3, 2020 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training includes all expenses paid trip to factory, museum for in-depth training on product, culture, and history in Birmingham AL.

Cons

Car business has a hard work life balance. Must always be reachable and work Saturdays / holidays.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place To Work

Jun 10, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

MBUSA puts their employees first. Hands down. I've worked at several companies over the last 10 years and this is the first company I've truly and whole heartedly put their employees first. As a result of the COVID virus and encouraging work from home, it truly shows we have a great team at MBUSA and can work hard and efficiently despite the situation we are all in. The work-life balance is great. Even before that and currently, I truly feel MBUSA has a great structure in place for encouraging development, career growth and open communication with management. I feel empowered to do my job and reach out to management when needed. Overall anyone working here would have a great experience in their career growth. Mr. Nicholas Speeks is a great leader as well. He joined us less than a year ago but I am incredibly supportive of all his decisions and support that has happened this year despite the uncertain times we are in.

Cons

The only cons I have are to personal preferences to benefits that may not effect the entire organization at all. The car employee lease program is great! But overall the health benefits and 401K match are great!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 11, 2020 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Mercedes-Benz has many perks such a good benefits, employee lease option, 401k matching and many social events and gathering. The company has common goals align and has its best interests in the customers. They offer a very good work life balance if you want it.

Cons

Many operations and changes are driven by the parent company Daimler. Due to cost savings many of the once very intriguing benefits have been reduced and are par or sub-par to industry standards. Much of the wages was compensated by the benefits but with lesser benefits now wages are no longer reasonable.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Ok for first time job

Nov 6, 2020 - Sales in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice cars, cool technology, you learn how to sell

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Oct 18, 2020 - Service Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Flexible work schedule

Cons

Not much diversity. Business units don’t communicate well.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

meh

Dec 30, 2020 - ERM in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA, Optional[GA]
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and perks, great people

Cons

Poor work/life balance, poor management

7. 4.0
      Current Intern

Enjoyable workplace

Oct 14, 2020 - Finance Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance transparency between ranks

Cons

Not great food in cafeteria

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Missing the good old days

Sep 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (Medical, eye, vision, etc.) and work life balance

Cons

salary, no more pension, consistent reorganizations, advancement isn't based on bester person for the job

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

May 17, 2019 - Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

MBUSA provides a great work/life balance valuing families of co-workers. You are pushed outside of your comfort zone, but you are not “thrown to the wolves”. Everyone is a team and values the progression of the company and will do what it takes in order to see it succeed. They care about their employees which makes drives me to be a better employee everyday. You are encouraged to learn and better yourself as an employee and person. This is a very healthy place to work and I hope to see many many years there.

Cons

Your work experience could vary greatly on who your DM is.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't let the Luxury Name Fool You!!!!

Sep 26, 2019 - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Provides great PTO Cafe has great breakfast *I was forced to type at least 5 words.. I wanted to stop at PTO*

Cons

Everything about the Accounting and Finance department is a s*** show starting with the General Manger and trickling down to the supervisors Miserable work environment Long hours No training No guidance on how to complete work No one speaks to each other at work No growth opportunity in the department (very few within the company) Management are all know-it-all's who know nothing The term "work-life balance" is foreign to the Accounting and Finance department Terrible salary for the amount of work and stress put on by the company

3 people found this review helpful