Merchant e-Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Bell

1. Featured Review

"I love my job and the teams I work with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Diving into working at Merchant e-Solutions this year has been an incredible, whirlwind experience. We transitioned our corporate office from Redwood City, CA to Atlanta, GA, making 2016 an interesting year for us. In June, I was surrounded by 80% newly hired employees - all amazing, passionate, and knowledgable, with decades of industry experience.The transition has been far from a breeze, but getting to take part in the changes and growth that are happening around here makes it worth it. I hope our teams continue to engage with each other in and outside of work as it will only strengthen our collaborative approach.

Our offices are BEAUTIFUL; we are so lucky to come to work in such an inspiring space each day - you are able to have meetings in a swing or breakaway for a few minutes in the game room. In Atlanta, staying after hours offers you with one of the most breathtaking sunset views of our city's skyline. Definitely a non-work related perk.

Special shout outs to Tom, Monique, and Bruce who encourage employees to grow, make an impact, and have a little fun along the way.

I can't wait to see what we accomplish in 2017.

Cons

Buckhead traffic around the holidays

2. "Technology"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

changes in processes and accountability improving the way business is done

Cons

change in I.T. management was not the smoothest

Advice to Management

promise of more communication should come from all of management not just the CEO

"A True, Hardworking Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

The new facility/corporate office is beautiful and conducive to a great working environment. The people that work there, from the front lines to the C-Suite, are down to earth, hardworking, loyal, and supportive co-workers and friends that teach you more than you can imagine, but also people who you can genuinely trust. There is a very cohesive "team spirit" feel and a legitimate support system that comes from the CEO, COO, CIO, a CC agent, an IT Help Desk associate, whether remote or in the corporate office - all the same. It's a rare, laid back work environment, yet is extremely productive and well-compensated for hard workers that want to build and grow a long-lasting awesome place to work.

Cons

The only downside that is noticeable are the couple of "bad apples" that have been given many chances to hop onboard of a quickly moving, positive, profitable company and are choosing to continue to purposely attempt to cause issues for others, presumably attempting to mask their own ineptness within their department. Their aversion to change, growth (personally and professionally), and working full time hours is astounding considering their salaries are of a severly disproportionate amount for what the're actually contributing to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! You have, and are still, creating the best environment in which I have ever worked!! Continue to purge the unnecessary, negative people and bring in the great talent that you have been over the past couple of months.

"Well on its way to being the best place to work!"

Current Employee - Department Lead in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After the changes that have occurred in the last two years I just had to amend my prior review. Fun, friendly atmosphere with management that is very Accommodating to family life and personal growth opportunities. Benefits keep getting better and better and the company events for employees are so much fun. This is quickly becoming a great place to work and I have high hopes for a bright future. Recently moved to a new location that is outstanding in every way!

On a personal note the upper management really seems to care about the employees. Everyone is treated with respect. I have never worked in a company where people with acronyms in their titles would mingle and chat with every staff member in the building on a daily basis. The people and the changes make this the place I want to retire from.

Cons

Some interdepartmental communications can be rocky but that is improving.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees in the trenches and providing quality of life improvements.

"Risk and Back office"

Current Employee - Risk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Risk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, people, and future planning

Cons

Transparency. There are some ISO's we work with that get bullied and the end customer does not get the opportunity to see what we do.

Advice to Management

Allow some internal departments to communicate with end users and not have a chain of 4 people while we hide behind some keyboard. I personally have watched good companies get pushed out for no reason - just someone's silly opinion.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Spokane Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Spokane Valley, WA

Pros

The MeS culture is really changing and it is fun to go to work!

Cons

the facilities could use some sprucing up--but recent news is that we may be moving to a new facility or having the current facility upgraded.

Advice to Management

Keep making progress in the cultural changes that you are making.

Mar 3, 2016 – CEO

As we announced on January 20, 2016, Merchant e-Solutions will be moving to a new headquarters facility in Atlanta, GA. We also announced that we will be moving to a new facility in Spokane, WA ... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Good partnerships with bank. Great products

Cons

Gateway costs could make us high on price

Mar 3, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We monitor our pricing against the market on a continual basis to ensure we have the strongest value proposition possible for our customers. Tom Bell, CEO

"Great products, great management, needs fresh meat!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great products, getting better every quarter
    - passionate leadership, which inspires others to do good work and advocate for projects
    - management is extremely flexible, and will work with you to make sure your work/life balance is ideal
    - management listens! for every horrible review on here, and every disgruntled employee... the company has discussed how to fix it with the help of feedback from its employees

Cons

- The office layout is not conducive to working with minimal distractions, however management offers incentives for purchasing noise canceling headphones
    - Redwood City office is off of 101, so traffic is the worst
    - legacy platform comes with a large learning curve and needs to be phased out
    - communication with our parent company is lacking, the rebrand to cielo-us has been a long time coming. this, coupled with the dated legacy platform makes the company feel like its stuck in transition mode
    - not enough fresh eyes! we need more product managers to advocate for stale products
    - benefits package and compensation are okay, but there are much better in the Bay Area

Advice to Management

We need more engineers and product owners. period. With that, we could spend time on more projects at once and maybe some fresh eyes will bring some fresh ideas!

Mar 3, 2016 – CEO

"Incredible Transformation Underway - The negative reviews don't reflect the current atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time

Pros

MeS is actually a great place to work, especially within in Engineering & IT. There are a tremendous amount of opportunities to make a difference as an individual and as part of an evolving world-class team. We have a ton of great projects that are focused on building the next generation of infrastructure services and applications, better integration with our partners, and leveraging Cloud platforms to scale and innovate.

Regardless of what you may have read in some of our negative reviews on this site, this company is built upon and embraces a diverse, multi-cultural workforce and is laser-focused on employee satisfaction.

If you're interested in being challenged, working with a great team, being rewarded for your efforts and being directly involved in the next phase of this profitable, innovative and Internet technology focused company, then you should join us.

Cons

The downside is really limited to a couple of things. First, there are still a few negative straphangers that are resistant to the all of the positive changes that have been made or are currently underway, which has an impact on team morale. These "few" offer very little value to their peers or the company and seem to be the source of most of the drama.

What's particularly interesting is there's a direct correlation to the resignation or termination of these individuals and negative reviews on this site. So even on their way out the "few" work to undermine their peers and a great company.

Advice to Management

We're making great strides transforming and modernizing this business so let's keep up the intensity, sense of urgency, and our recruiting efforts. Communication is key and as employees we enjoy staying informed and being kept in the loop, so in addition to the quarterly all-hands meetings, I would recommend a monthly newsletter or similar that briefly reviews the progress and status of each area of the business. And.... work harder to manage out the "few" bad eggs.

11. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Products. Great Partners.

Growth opportunities in Sales, Business Development, Product, Engineering.

Cons

MeS was originally a Silicon Valley Start up. I've heard older start ups referred to as 'Grown-Ups'. The biggest con would then be considered Grown-up pains.

Mar 3, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review. MeS was founded in 2000 and now that we are over 15 years old, the leadership team is developing a vision for the next 15 years. Our MeS 2.0 vision will outline an ... More