Merchant e-Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Tom Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"I love my job and the teams I work with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Diving into working at Merchant e-Solutions this year has been an incredible, whirlwind experience. We transitioned our corporate office from Redwood City, CA to Atlanta, GA, making 2016 an interesting year for us. In June, I was surrounded by 80% newly hired employees - all amazing, passionate, and knowledgable, with decades of industry experience.The transition has been far from a breeze, but getting to take part in the changes and growth that are happening around here makes it worth it. I hope our teams continue to engage with each other in and outside of work as it will only strengthen our collaborative approach.

Our offices are BEAUTIFUL; we are so lucky to come to work in such an inspiring space each day - you are able to have meetings in a swing or breakaway for a few minutes in the game room. In Atlanta, staying after hours offers you with one of the most breathtaking sunset views of our city's skyline. Definitely a non-work related perk.

Special shout outs to Tom, Monique, and Bruce who encourage employees to grow, make an impact, and have a little fun along the way.

I can't wait to see what we accomplish in 2017.

Cons

Buckhead traffic around the holidays

2. "Cesspool of mismanagement"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with a few decent software devs and learned lots

Cons

Some really poor devs claiming they are seniors. Strange priorities of upper management. Most salespeople look two steps away from being prison guards; or worse, actual felons. Rambling, incoherent onboarding process. Culture is dominated by bros that rarely read, dream of anything other than their next conquest, and often confuse then and than. Etc.

Advice to Management

Hire the right upper management. Make sure the aim is to add value to the product and not worry about story points endlessly.

Merchant e-Solutions Response

Aug 18, 2017 – EVP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and review. MeS remains focused on creating a culture where all employees feel empowered to do their best work each and every day. We do this by setting a vision and... More

"Technology"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

changes in processes and accountability improving the way business is done

Cons

change in I.T. management was not the smoothest

Advice to Management

promise of more communication should come from all of management not just the CEO

"Great place that gets better every day"

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment. Solid work life balance. Competitive pay and benefits vs other local payment companies. Convenient Buckhead location. Fantastic people and fun corporate events. Investment in technology that makes it easy to collaborate and work effectively.

Cons

I can only eat so much Bucket Shop Cafe (though it is a good place).

5. "Great place to work"

Pros

Great management and great team loved to work here

Cons

THey dont have short term disability as benefit

Merchant e-Solutions Response

Oct 11, 2016 – EVP Human Resources

Merchant e-Solutions has both a short-term disability program and a long-term disability program. If you are interested, please speak to a member of the Human Resources department to learn more... More

"A True, Hardworking Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

The new facility/corporate office is beautiful and conducive to a great working environment. The people that work there, from the front lines to the C-Suite, are down to earth, hardworking, loyal, and supportive co-workers and friends that teach you more than you can imagine, but also people who you can genuinely trust. There is a very cohesive "team spirit" feel and a legitimate support system that comes from the CEO, COO, CIO, a CC agent, an IT Help Desk associate, whether remote or in the corporate office - all the same. It's a rare, laid back work environment, yet is extremely productive and well-compensated for hard workers that want to build and grow a long-lasting awesome place to work.

Cons

The only downside that is noticeable are the couple of "bad apples" that have been given many chances to hop onboard of a quickly moving, positive, profitable company and are choosing to continue to purposely attempt to cause issues for others, presumably attempting to mask their own ineptness within their department. Their aversion to change, growth (personally and professionally), and working full time hours is astounding considering their salaries are of a severly disproportionate amount for what the're actually contributing to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! You have, and are still, creating the best environment in which I have ever worked!! Continue to purge the unnecessary, negative people and bring in the great talent that you have been over the past couple of months.

"Consultant's Perspective"

Pros

The company recently pivoted from a poorly-positioned relic of the dot com to a leader in merchant services. Sound investment in the technology necessary to compete at every level. Bright outlook for both ownership and employees.

Cons

Some disgruntled employees due to nearly full turnover in the past 18 months. Example includes another review about a so-called "corrupt CTO" and his "buddy". I'm the so-called "buddy", who actually happens to be someone who is very good at what he does, and works for a CIO who knows how to build a solid team. I also have no personal affiliation with the company's CIO outside of a professional role. I am incredibly proud of what we've accomplished in the past 18 months, which includes a full re-build of all IT services from the ground, up.

It's unfortunate that those who collected a paycheck to practice mediocrity find it necessary to slander the people who are helping to make this company great.

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you're doing. Everyone is thrilled to be here and the future is bright.

"Well on its way to being the best place to work!"

Current Employee - Department Lead in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After the changes that have occurred in the last two years I just had to amend my prior review. Fun, friendly atmosphere with management that is very Accommodating to family life and personal growth opportunities. Benefits keep getting better and better and the company events for employees are so much fun. This is quickly becoming a great place to work and I have high hopes for a bright future. Recently moved to a new location that is outstanding in every way!

On a personal note the upper management really seems to care about the employees. Everyone is treated with respect. I have never worked in a company where people with acronyms in their titles would mingle and chat with every staff member in the building on a daily basis. The people and the changes make this the place I want to retire from.

Cons

Some interdepartmental communications can be rocky but that is improving.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees in the trenches and providing quality of life improvements.

9. "Exciting changes happening"

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time

Pros

management really making an effort to create a good work environment. Lots of changes in HR policies with new bonus program, career management and several people being promoted. Much faster pace, but very exciting be part of the team.

Cons

Relatively new management creating new culture. Still early to know if they will succeed.

Advice to Management

listen to employees and ensure that critical people are well taken care of.

"Regional Sales Account Executive"

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions full-time

Pros

The benefits were great. This positions overall stress level was far less than other sales organizations stress levels in the industry.

Cons

If you are looking for a company with a strong bank relationship to source leads, this is not your company. The bank partner lacks motivation and incentive to refer business. Next day funding was not available and other than the virtual terminal, the products available to sell were years behind your larger companies. The comp plan was also not very competitive at the time.