Mercury Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 224 reviews

4.2
Mercury Systems CEO Mark Aslett
Mark Aslett
Pros
  • "Mercury is a fast growing company and develops industry-leading technology(in 14 reviews)

• "Mercury has lots of great people to work with, friendly yet motivated to succeed(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management (executives) would just do things without consulting engineers(in 12 reviews)

• "No cons- it's a fast-paced, high-tech company with opportunities for everyone to grow both personally and professionally(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Energetic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head of Total Rewards in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been fortunate to work for some very good companies in the past in multiple industries. However, I have not ever worked for a company that is as energetic as Mercury Systems. What makes it so energetic is that there is so much optimism about growth here starting from the top and permeating throughout the entire organization. A standing item in each discussion with senior leaders is not about how we are rewarding...

Cons

Working for a company in a high growth mode can be demanding at times, however, support from leadership, a high emphasis on personal development and the importance placed on culture and values truly does make Mercury Systems a Great Place to Work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep this place personal. A good example of this is our CEO's presentation to new hires when he explains his start as a welder at a shipyard in England. He has grown a lot since then and employees can do the same at Mercury Systems.

Mercury Systems2019-01-26
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Management in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly collaborative environment, very talented and experienced staff. Flexible with schedule, but do expect a lot from employees. Management team listens and values input. The company is not perfect, but they know where they are weak and proactively address issues.

Cons

If you want to work in isolation, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The company is growing like a weed!

Mercury Systems2019-07-18

"Meh."

Former Employee - Software De in Andover, MA

I worked at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a good amount of flexibility here, in some groups you can figure out a schedule that works for you and not get any flak about it. Most of your peers are supportive and genuine.

Cons

Despite what you'll be told int he interview process, this is far from a perfect company. It's not perfect by any means, but it's also not as bad as some of the reviewers make it out to be (at least in my group; I can't speak for other parts of the company). While most of the people were great, the group I was in was chaotic. Mercury Systems is focused on aggressive growth but they're just not properly staffed. Some...

Advice to Management

Get with the times.

Mercury Systems2019-07-06
  4. "A place to call home if you.."

Current Employee - Talent Attraction Partner in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Are energetic and passionate • Want to make a difference – Mercury’s products save lives • Want to be on a team of high preforming A-players (and are an A-player yourself) • Enjoy creating processes • Want to continue your education (with help from a tuition reimbursement program and internal learning platforms) • Want to work with cutting edge technology

Cons

No cons- it's a fast-paced, high-tech company with opportunities for everyone to grow both personally and professionally.

Mercury Systems2019-06-20

"Productive and fun!"

Current Employee - Talent Sourcer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance. Encouraging, challenging and uplifting environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Mercury Systems2019-06-04

"Don’t look behind the curtain"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time

Pros

Great employees who care for one another. This doesn’t include the majority of senior leadership if it was up to them the company would have already sunk like the titanic. Meaningful work Leading edge technology

Cons

Leadership all the way up to the executive team talk a good game about how important Cultures and Values are but behind the curtain they are not walking the walk. They are growing fast but there are bodies left in their wake; just look at turnover. Don’t expect to be developed because no one has time they are too busy trying to meet unrealistic revenue targets. Don’t seek help from HR they don’t care and that comes...

Advice to Management

Slow down. Stop growing so fast you are harming your employees. Executives, if you really believe in the cultures and values talk to people in the trenches. Unfortunately, I think most will be too afraid to tell you the truth. The lack of culture and values isn’t poor management, it is setting unrealistic expectations and deadlines forcing managers to push their people too hard. Put “Human” back into Human Resources

Mercury Systems2019-06-08

"Manager"

I worked at Mercury Systems

Pros

Progressive and aggressive company, pressing forward in Air domain servers and RF hardware

Cons

Growing very quickly, buying companies for specific components

Advice to Management

Don’t forget, just because they weren’t Mercury before, they are still people who may have loved and been good at the work they were doing.

Mercury Systems2019-05-14
    • ""Great place to work"

Former Employee - Buyer

I worked at Mercury Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management tries to keep up the "great place to work" image.

Cons

Communication could be better between Management and the Employees

Advice to Management

Communicate better

Mercury Systems2019-05-14

"Fast growth company"

Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Mercury Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met a lot hardworking people

Cons

Company grew too fast. Quality works got compromised

Mercury Systems2019-03-12
      • "Overall positive experience"

Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Productive atmosphere. Freedom to work in your own style

Cons

None really I have had a positive experience

Mercury Systems2019-03-11