KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 515 of over 570 reviews

3.9

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and learn from!(in 57 reviews)
  • "The executive management team seems to really believe in the culture and values statements that are posted all over the building.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good but falling behind other companies.(in 26 reviews)
  • "That is true testament to the excellent leadership style of Mark Aslett.(in 15 reviews)
  • "1) Team Oriented 2) Manageable size of teams so you know everyone 3) Management truly cares about well being of employees, especially during this WFH time with pandemic(in 15 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad upper management, little job security(in 13 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance can be a bit challenging at times.(in 7 reviews)
  • "My only con (not even a con in my book) is that we continue the constant communication, regardless of what is going on, to keep employees and leaders properly informed.(in 7 reviews)
  • "If you go above and beyond the long days, nights, and weekends, Mercury may give you a 'Can do' award which comes with a $100 bonus.(in 6 reviews)
  • "With the recent acquisitions and corresponding layoffs, Mercury has sunk from a positive company where the $'s came in easily, to breaking policy to chase $'s.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mercury Systems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 15, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, benefits, work-life balance

Cons

Fast-paced work environment, not for everyone

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible work options, friendly team members and growth opportunities

Apr 12, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are kind and willing to help/provide guidance where it is needed. Seriously, makes the job and work so much easier! This doesn't apply to a specific function, it is all of them! Everyone at Mercury is truly wonderful. Although management is trying to transition employees back into the office, they still understand their employees predicaments. They are cautious about not moving too fast and accommodating to different situations. I trust management to make the right choices for the benefit of their employees. Whatever you read in the news headlines, don't let that be the sole factor you don't choose Mercury. There are great opportunities and it is a niche high-tech, A&D company. They are a select few out of all the other A&D companies out there that provide specific technology. There will always be work and a job ready.

Cons

There is a lot of work across all functions with minimal help. I don't believe managers want to or will bombard new comers, but this is a place where you cannot lollygag.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run

Apr 8, 2022 -  in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Initially, the best thing about Mercury was they let our day to day operations remain very similar to how they functioned prior to the acquisition. That's about it.

Cons

They treated everyone like they didn't matter. They lied to our entire company about the changes in the pipeline, they hid information from our management group and worst of all, they lied to our entire company about people being able maintain their positions. They went as far as to lay people off, including myself, in the middle of the week without any warning nor informing our bosses and then asked us not to tell them. Once we were out, we became a zero priority in regards to getting our final pay checks, maintaining communication about the next steps of our new unemployment and informing the company managing my retirement fund that I was no longer there. Their priority isn't their employees, it's their share holders.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good meaningful work

May 18, 2022 - RF Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture Get to work with Cutting edge technology

Cons

Have to wear many hats

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of opportunity to grow

May 14, 2022 - Manager Systems Engineering in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ample opportunities to grow - Lots of lateral movement available to test different roles out - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Ruthless business plan - Communication could be better

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Talent Acquisition Experience

Apr 19, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently had the pleasure of working with Jennifer Morin of Mercury Systems. She was kind and professional and quickly aided me in getting the interview I was wanting and the offer I was dreaming of. She was very helpful throughout the interview and hiring process. She is talented at her job.

Cons

No cons come to mind with Mercury Systems

7. 5.0

Great Engineering - Growing Company

May 2, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible product lines Teammates and leaders who give a damn

Cons

Growth is hard (this is also a Pro, and why I joined)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Katelyn Rizzo, you are the greatest!

Mar 11, 2022 - Desktop Support Specialist in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The HR recruiter is so good. She followed up with you every single step by step process and will respond to your text. I have never had anyone do this side text with you personally and provide the information to you as needed. Answer your questions and help you with all the paperwork. She goes above and beyond her duty and provides such a smooth onboarding process. Very motivated, friendly, and active HR recruiter. Best that you can find. The manager sends such a warm and welcome letter with good details of instruction for the first day.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Katelyn Rizzo is a pleasure to work with.

Apr 1, 2022 - Mechanical Assembler in Hudson, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to write this review to say I was having some issues during the computer part of the application process and Katelyn Rizzo was such a joy to deal with. She was very helpful through out the whole process. Helped me every step of the way. Couldn’t have done it without her. Thanks Katelyn !!! You’re the best.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Decent Company in General - LackLuster as of late

Apr 14, 2022 - IT Engineer in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly coworkers. Good work environment. Work from home flexibility

Cons

They have not embraced work from home fully. There are a lack of project managers in our department. Takes a long time for large projects to be completed sometimes get poorly managed and some teams do not take ownership of issues. They sometimes take too long to do their part.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 515 Reviews

Mercury Systems Reviews FAQs

Mercury Systems has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 570 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Mercury Systems to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mercury Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mercury Systems. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

77% of Mercury Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mercury Systems 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mercury Systems to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Mercury Systems Job Seekers