Mercury Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mercury Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark Aslett
Mark Aslett

Pros
  • Great Work, Great People, Great Capabilities (in 8 reviews)

• good work environment, good benefits flexible (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Information didn't always flow from upper management to the lower ranks (in 8 reviews)

• Cons are in line with entire defense industry (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Invigorating Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Pros

Incredibly talented engineering team that is passionate about their work. Programs provide opportunity for technical growth by presenting real-world challenges that need Mercury solutions. Capabilities and strengths of different sites provide good collaboration opportunities. Mercury is a growing company with the right focus!

Cons

Integration of multiple sites is highly beneficial, but also takes significant time.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting the vision and strategically acquiring security businesses that fit that vision.

2. "Great place to work with happy employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, managers care about employee development, company is growing, industry to be proud of working in, headquarters moving to beautiful new facility!

Cons

I don't have any so far!

3. "Great to be working for a growing company!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mercury has lots of great people to work with, friendly yet motivated to succeed. Company is great and cares for employees, Xmas parties, vtines gifts, etc. Growing company with a lot to look forward too. Great leadership!

Cons

Lots of acquisitions can be challenging for the new employees. More hands on training with tools and processes would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

There's nothing better than to work for a growing company, stay focused on working smarter not harder. Continue to refine business processes and training for employees.

5. "Great company to work for!!"

Current Employee - AutoCAD Drafter in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - AutoCAD Drafter in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

So far from what I've seen since acquiring us, they seem to really care about our needs and they follow through them. Understanding it takes time, but they make it happen!!

Cons

The MRP system (ORACLE) needs some improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on making Mercury Systems an excellent company everyday!!
    Thank you!

6. "drafter"

Current Employee - Drafter in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Drafter in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great management team totally cares about their employees.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

"Great Vision, Intelligent Leadership, Outstanding Teamwork"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to Mercury but have been in the industry for many years. My roles have been in Sales and because of that I have visited many companies and listened to their views of the market. Some companies only have a product and have no real chance of growth. Few companies have a concrete plan for how they intend to grow. Fewer companies have a plan and the leadership talent to execute. Even more rare do you see a company with this level of leadership coupled with incredible technical innovation. Mercury has the strategic plan coupled the talent to execute and unmatched technical prowess.
    Everywhere I turn I am learning about new capabilities or innovation that is superior to what I've experienced in the market. This company will continue to grow and I feel fortunate to be part of it.
    There is incredible confidence in CEO and where he is taking this company.

Cons

It can be unbelievably cold in MA!

Advice to Management

Keep up the search for new technology and new talent. Your people are behind you.

Feb 2, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

We are so appreciative of your feedback and we are pleased that our strategic vision is resonating with our employees. We are proud of our history of innovation and the people who help us deliver it ... More

8. "Mercury is Recruiting!"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time

Pros

There are over 75 current openings nationwide. Employees are getting referral bonuses from $500.00 - $3000.00 for someone who is hired. Benefits include a matching 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Plan that are doing very well and bonuses twice a year. Quarterly reviews and great employee engagement team.

Cons

Not enough qualified candidates applying to positions. Only 2 recruiters for entire company could slow down the process.

Advice to Management

Form a talent acquisition department. Get an automated recruiting tool that is more user friendly for everyone.

Feb 9, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

Thanks for the recommendation! Here's the link to our Careers page: https://www.mrcy.com/careers/overview/

9. "Customer & Market Focus"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Mercury with the acquisition from Microsemi and am extremely pleased with Mercury's market & customer focus. Leadership clearly articulates the direction and stays true to words with action to bring the greatest possible value to the market and warfighter.

Cons

No cons identified so far. Hard but rewarding work.

Advice to Management

Continue making investments in Innovation that Matters to create value and drive contribution to the marketplace. We should never forget who our REAL end customer is.

Feb 2, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. We are glad to know our commitment to transparency and communication of our strategic direction has had a positive impact. We are proud of our mission ... More

10. "A positive place to work."

Current Employee - CAD Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - CAD Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company about 8 months through acquisition, but 20+ years total with the same group of people. The company culture is great, work environment is very positive and the people I work with are outstanding. The company actually thinks about the employees and doesn't make me feel like a number within the company. One outstanding place to work.

Cons

I know I should give some constructive criticism, but nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Make your rounds to all of the divisions once a year. Lets put a name to a face.

11. "Great place to work and develop"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Mercury for 10 years and one of the things I appreciate about Mercury is how the organization invests in my personal and professional development. Mercury helped me with tuition assistance to advance my education. Mercury regularly offers professional training provided by the foremost authorities in their fields. Mercury provides on-line training sessions on many subjects. Thanks Mercury management for investing in me!

Cons

Nothing to add at this time

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employee development. Thank you.

Feb 2, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

Happy 10 year anniversary. Thank you for leaving us a review. Personal and professional development is as important to our business as it is to our employees – it is a win-win! We are glad you have ... More