Mercury Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Mercury Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark Aslett
Mark Aslett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company is growing - you feel the positive energy (in 10 reviews)

• Great people, both managers and the company as whole care about employee development (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons after many years of working here (in 6 reviews)

• Cons are in line with entire defense industry (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Culture /values and senior management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is the best company I have worked in my life ( believe me I have been around in the industry for a long long time and have worked for large, medium and small companies throughout the years!
    Best team work all around. Culture and values are not just the decoration on paper but truly communicated and demonstrated all the way from top CEO & COO specifically but also from all top C-suite and executives at all the sites. Communication is very open and honest. As an employee I can't ask for anything more. Our top manager & next level manager ( high level VP promoted in Phx recently) are really living the company values and treats us with lot of respect. All I can say is you are doing good, don't change anything.

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"So far so good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far it's been a very good place to work. The working schedule is very flexible. The benefits are great compared to other companies in the area. They recently moved to a new building in Andover and it's more of an open concept working environment. It's really good at promoting collaboration and general conversation with your coworkers. Standing/ sitting adjustable desks are great! The company really seems to care about their employee base. I am new here, but I already feel like I am happier than any of my other jobs at which I've been.
    I have no opinion of senior management so far.

Cons

The "open concept"esque of the building is double edged. It's nice to collaborate and interact with your colleagues but it also means no privacy, and it can get loud sometimes if you are around a group of people chatting right next to you.
    IT is rolling out a new system for the computers and such and so there are bugs there. But they are fairly quick to fix things.

The company is very very flexible with time and working hours but there is no official policy on comp/ flex time or working 4x10s or taking every other Friday off. It seems like something you work out with your manager on a case by case basis. The only reason i give compensation and benefits a 4 star is because of this and the fact that I think most US company's compensations could be better. But compared to other US companies, the benefits are very good.

Advice to Management

I'm no management expert so I can only give my amateur thoughts. It would be better if you had some formal onboarding process. Also make a formal training procedure for new hires on their tasks/ job. A lot of people have said that it's easy to move around the company and promotions don't seem to be far and few between. It seems like that's a strong suit for you. That could be a good selling point, explain to new hires a visual, written, something path that their career could take. I know there are many possibilities, but pick a few and show them what a "typical" career path at your company would look like. That's why i knocked off one star for career opportunities. I know they exist, but I don't have a tangible example of it

3. "Great company, better people"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Andover, MA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems as a contractor

Pros

I have been working at Mercury for a couple of months now and I couldn't be happier. From the moment I sat down at my desk two things have consistently occurred, I have been given tons of work and I have also been given any and all help I could need. The work I have been given is not the type of busy work that is sometimes given to new employees to "help them get acclimated" but is actual work that has a direct effect on my groups day to day operations. It definitely provides me with a sense of pride in my job and plenty of motivation. In a lot of cases having this much work to do can sometimes feel overwhelming and in any other company I know stress levels would be through the roof but here at Mercury I've found that support is only a quick question away. Everyone on my team from fellow contractors to Sr. Managers, to C-suite level executives have been incredibly welcoming and prove every day that they have a vested interest in seeing their teams and colleagues succeed. In addition to the pro's listed above, Mercury has a strong respect for work/ life balance, and understands that employees have a life outside of the office which is always refreshing. I am so happy I came to work at Mercury and hopefully will continue to grow my career here.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are that we are implementing a new system here which has caused some disorganization in the transition. However, there are new processes being developed and implemented every day to promote efficiency with the new system and I know management is working as diligently as possible to ease the transition and help end users where they can.

Advice to Management

All in all, keep doing what your doing. Keep showing your investment to your team and continue to include/ inform lower level employees of what's going on. My only suggestion (which I believe is in the works already) would be to offer some sort of system training to all of TA and the hiring managers once the system roll out is complete.

4. "Great Place To Work"

Former Intern - RF Engineering Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - RF Engineering Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Mercury Systems as an intern

Pros

Great people, both managers and the company as whole care about employee development. Very welcoming. Even though I was an intern and still learning many required skills for my position, my coworkers constantly offered to help.

Overall a very positive experience as an intern.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on recruiting new talent - For such a great place to work with such positive reviews, this company is widely unheard of amongst the college campuses I know.

5. "test technician"

Current Employee - Test Technician in Hudson, NH
    Current Employee - Test Technician in Hudson, NH

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great place to work for , I have been working for Mercury system going on 5 years, I highly recommend this company to any of my family members and to friends.

Cons

not but good things to say about this company .

Advice to Management

keep up the good work .

6. "Absolutely the BEST company to be apart off."

Current Employee - Global Order Management Specialist in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Global Order Management Specialist in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so glad to be a part of the Mercury Family. I have the BEST manager and team. From day one my team has made me feel welcome. From the Fruit basket to the training. The culture in Mercury is by far the BEST. The company is focus on employee empowerment and growth. I see growth in my future with Mercury. Definitely made the right choice in choosing to be apart of Mercury!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Advice to Management

My manager is amazing. She support us 100% in all we do in GOS! She leads by example! Let us do our job and trust us to complete a task .

7. "Good Stepping Stone"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Mercury Systems as an intern

Pros

Introduction to the microelectronics world, health insurance and paid holidays.

Cons

May be handed the tasks nobody wants to do (Internship after all).

8. "A very friendly place to work"

Former Contractor - Engineering Services in Hudson, NH
    Former Contractor - Engineering Services in Hudson, NH

I worked at Mercury Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture and friendly coworkers. Management takes a great interest in helping employees succeed. Work is usually fast paced from day to day. Offered me a permanent job if I moved back to the area in the future.

Cons

Sometimes things moved a little too fast.

"Feel like I hit the lottery every day"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After 6 months I still love coming to work every day - no Monday blues. Great company that lives their values from the top down.

Cons

In all honesty I do not have a single con. I came from a company that was a one star to Mercury which is truly a 5 star. I am thankful to be part of a great company and a great team.

Advice to Management

Keep living the core values every day and thank you for recognizing that a great company is made of great people.

"Hidden Truth"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time

Pros

Great Company, growing well, Top of their game

Cons

Beware of the Phoenix Division

Advice to Management

There is cancerous management at the Phoenix location and it is killing off all the great talent there. If something is not done SOON that division could fail BIG time. They meet the numbers IN spite of management, NOT because of it. Remove this cancer and you will see Great growth and better progress. Look at exit interviews to find your cancer. After 2 decades there, I know what I'm talking about.

Mercury Systems Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to offer your perspective. We’d like to encourage you to reach out to your HRBP to express your concerns. We’d also like to invite you to contact one or both of us... More