Mercury Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Mercury Systems Reviews

Updated January 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, both managers and the company as whole care about employee development (in 12 reviews)

• They seem to be proud of creating a great place to work (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no acknowledgement of the employees that serve their reports on a platter for their upper management meetings (in 11 reviews)

• Employees must understand how to maintain a work-life balance to keep up with the level of engagement necessary (in 5 reviews)

1. "Progressive Company changing for the future"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time

Pros

The new Facility is very nice and supports updated communication techniques

Cons

The pay and benefits could use some updating as well.

Advice to Management

Continue to change and take some of the Tax break $$'s from the Government and give it back to the employees.

"Clean up the Security and Compliance Management team"

I worked at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mercury has some exceptionally talented individuals. I was privileged to work with many of them at various locations from Headquarters to different facilities across the US. My observation was that most of these people work extremely hard and pride themselves on what they do. If treated with respect they will be open to sharing.

Cons

The current management group heading security and compliance needs change. In my opinion, they have an extreme distrust of employees in general, choosing to believe that most are hiding activities from them or are too ignorant to know their jobs. . On a conference call I once heard one of the team members at a facility deride a shipping employee when she inferred that he was stupid and not privy to information that could enable him to have the opinion he expressed. What ? There is also a distrust of each other on their own staff, in spite of several years of attempting to appear attuned to team building at off-site boondoggles. It would behoove upper management and HR to listen closely to complaints and to look at the reason for lawsuits. An unprofessionalism exists. Director level management and others speak ill of people who have left or are in the process of leaving the company to other staff members. This should not be tolerated in any business. Some would say it's simply sour grapes, but I can say from experience that this management team is in need of overhaul and I hope it occurs for the sake of all those who do work hard at their jobs. I was specifically told by the director at one time that my choice was to "drink the kool-aid" or move on.

Advice to Management

Dont shrug off complaints against this management team as personality conflicts. There is some deep seated bias against women in general in my opinion. And strive to have management that reflects the can-do culture of most of the company; not a rigid school-teacher mentality and managers who claim nobody but them knows the answer. One of these people will not admit when she has made mistakes so beware. Once you cross that line, you are no doubt throwing your staff under the bus.

Jan 2, 2018 – Mercury Leadership Team

First, thank you for sharing your experiences at Mercury. I am sorry to hear that your experiences here were anything less than positive. In the three years that I have been associated with Mercury... More

"Don't believe the hype"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck and pays the bills

Cons

Can you believe a company that makes $100-$500 million a year did not even give their employees anything for Thanksgiving except a salty turkey lunch? What did we get for Christmas? A party for the kids! How about those who doesn't have kids? No bonus, no Holiday party .......nothing. Yet we are expected to work long hours with no OT because we are salary. You can put in 12 hours a day and they still think you are not doing enough.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employee with respect. Learn to appreciate those who works hard and reward people for good work for Christ sake.

4. "Initial review"

Current Employee - Intermediate Test Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Intermediate Test Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing hours, great staff, tons of new things happening all the time, can't complain about a growing company.

Cons

not enough staff in some areas, requires extensive overtime to accomplish tasks when they are due.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more staff in areas that have massive influx, whether it be seasonal contracts or people that shift from one area to another.

"Great organization! Happy employee!"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mercury is the best company I've ever worked for both in terms of culture and innovation. It feels so good to come to work every day and feel fulfilled by the opportunities to employ my expertise but also the business and what we do as a company. Management from the C-suite down really cares (most of them anyway) and wants what's best for the employees. It's like a family here but a family of overachievers. At Mercury, they push us hard to get results and many times you'll end up putting in well over your 40 hours each week, but it's balanced out by generous PTO and flexible work hours. This company is driving hard toward growth and success, it's just a question of whether you're in or out. I've worked at a lot of places and all the others either expect 100% from you and give nothing but disrespect in return or are so beaurocratic and afraid of stepping on others feelings, that nothing gets done. Mercury is the perfect balance of hard charging and human. I personally love this organization and I hope I have a LONG career here.

Cons

- HR, especially at the leadership level: There are a few individual contributors who are great, but for the most part it's a waste of time to talk to anyone on the team and expect anything positive to come from it. They are dismissive and don't listen to a word anyone says - whether it's feedback or a request for assistance with something - they turn it around on you. They think they have all the answers. They refuse to acknowledge their issues or that they even have any and it's really frustrating to see senior management let them get away with it and in fact protect/insulate them from any accountability. They are supposed to drive our culture and values through the organization, but they don't even abide by them.
    - Growth: it's been amazing to be a part of our growth but it's been tough too, to go through the transtitions so quickly. It's hard to keep up the pace sometimes.

Advice to Management

Do something about HR.

Dec 14, 2017 – Mercury Leadership Team

Thank you! Your comments under pros really capture our culture. It is like a family here, and I love your term, “family of overachievers”. At Mercury, our employees invest in each other both... More

"Was Once a Great Company"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very Talented Teams from Engineering to Production

Cons

Employees working through weekends and holidays are belittled for not producing more products! The environment is incredibly hostile and the executive management team is fed a constant diet of half truths from the General Managers. There is a leadership vacuum at the upper levels below the Executive Management team that if not addressed will force some very talented individuals to leave.

Advice to Management

I would recommend the Executive Management team discuss the workplace privately with individuals without fear of reprisal. This is not the Mercury I once knew and loved. Something is going terribly wrong.

7. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mercury is a company at the leading edge of technology. Almost everyone I have worked with has a customer-focused mentality. As Mercury has grown to multiple locations throughout the United States and overseas, the company has adopted technology which makes collaboration easier for associates who are not co-located. Mercury encourages professional development and growth.

Cons

My experience has been very positive, so I don't have any negatives to share.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing individual associates to achieve their full potential without having to look elsewhere for opportunities.

8. "Thank you Mercury"

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I believe the senior leadership of the company have the absolute best interests in mind for every employee. Mercury is much more demanding than most companies, BUT you grow professionally. You will be pushed out of your professional comfort zone but not in a bad way.

Your experience can vary based on your organization. I'm very fortunate to work in a natural-born leader's organization and benefit from the stability and clear direction we receive on a regular basis.

Cons

Not every employee can work in the organization I do.

I mean this with the greatest of respect, but I think sometimes those of the highest seniority levels could have a little bit more compassion for their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue addressing the big picture weaknesses your employees identify. I say this acknowledging that Mercury is a great place to work, so you'll need to listen to the minority of employees who highlight something that is painful to hear and more painful to acknowledge/address within the company. By doing what's difficult, I believe you will create even more loyal employees in the future. Thank you for your consideration of my thoughts.

"Horrible place to work. ."

Current Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. .If , you want to work long hours and not be appreciated or treated horribly. .
    Then Mercury will be for you.
    Company sent us all surveys 2 years in a row.
    Scores where some of the worst in the industry .
    Management has dog a ponny shows about how they care about employees and their families.
    All lies. .
    Business as usual.
    Until Mercury starts with new management.
    Amazing talent will continue to leave.
    Company announces million dollar contacts weekly..
    Yet.. No Christmas bonus or formal party.
    Horrible raises.
    On. And on..

Cons

So many cons. .
    Management with no management skills.
    Supervisors who can't read nor right in English.
    Work weekends and holidays with no recognition nor rewards. .
    Disrespected daily.

Hostile work environment.
    No work.. life balance. .
    Don't plan on seeing your family if you work here. .

Advice to Management

Get new management and go talk to the workers without management around.
    You spent money on a survey on company atmosphere and moral. .
    NOW.. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Jan 8, 2018 – Mercury Leadership Team

At Mercury, our goal is to create the best possible environment for our talent community. We are grateful for all of our employees and strive to make their experience here rewarding and fulfilling... More

"Will not recommend this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mercury Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good product, lots of opportunities

Cons

Current leadership team is working as "SLAVE DRIVER".

Advice to Management

No advice to management since they don't listen, they don't care.