Cover image for Mercury Systems

Mercury Systems

Engaged Employer

Mercury Systems

Add a Review

Mercury Systems Employee Reviews about "upper management"

3.5
56% Recommend to a Friend
Mercury Systems President and CEO  Bill Ballhaus
80% Approve of CEO
3.5
Mercury Systems President and CEO  Bill Ballhaus
Bill Ballhaus

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and learn from!(in 69 reviews)
  • "The executive management team seems to really believe in the culture and values statements that are posted all over the building.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good but falling behind other companies.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Management has dog a ponny shows about how they care about employees and their families.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Good work/Life balance(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Employees are also overworked and management just continues to waste their time instead of helping out their subordinates.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately upper management is completely out of touch.(in 15 reviews)
  • "With the recent acquisitions and corresponding layoffs, Mercury has sunk from a positive company where the $'s came in easily, to breaking policy to chase $'s.(in 9 reviews)
  • "management person what they think of each project manager and functional manager.(in 8 reviews)
  • "My only con (not even a con in my book) is that we continue the constant communication, regardless of what is going on, to keep employees and leaders properly informed.(in 8 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mercury Systems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 26 of over 671 reviews

Updated Sep 25, 2023

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
      Alpharetta, GA
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mercury keeps his employees always uptodate with what is happening in the company. Benefits are very good. I appreciate the work-life balance. Upper management and HR are accessible.

Cons

I have none at this moment.

1. 4.0
        Oct 17, 2012
        Current Employee, more than 1 year
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

There is opportunity to take on various roles and learn a broad range of skills. Everyone is close-knit and friendly. The culture is quite laid back and relaxed (sometimes too much so). We were recently acquired by Mercury Computer Systems and are currently undergoing re-structuring. Hopefully we will take advantage of the benefits and resources of a large corporation while still maintaining the feel of a small company. Also a new first-class facility is in the plans within the next year or so.

Cons

A lot of times the vision and leadership of upper management is vague and counterproductive. Aside from annual reviews there isn't much structured career development or training, so what you get out of the company is truly dependent on what you put in (this can be good and bad). The facility isn't that impressive.

2. Join the Mercury Systems team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.4K

Direct Support Professional

I have an interview tomorrow where I get to ask questions to the interviewers. I usually ask questions like “how long have you worked here” “what’s your fav thing about working here” along with the obvious “what would be your expectations of me and how do you measure it” any other good ideas for questions?

1 Comment

Florida State University

Is it difficult to get a job in the US?

1 Comment

Supervisor

Customer administration bison pay

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 671 Mercury Systems reviews submitted anonymously by Mercury Systems employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Mercury Systems is right for you.