Mercy Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Mercy Health System President & CEO Javon Bea President
Javon Bea President

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • too many people in upper management (in 5 reviews)

• They're concerned with policies and procedures that hinder my job but protects the hospital from potential lawsuits - such is the culture of healthcare (in 3 reviews)

1. "Friendly work environment yet needs more structural organizations"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Mercy Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is catholic based non profit organizations and generally administrative people are caring and friendly too employees.

Cons

Many times, there are confusions due to lack of work allocations among employees. This causes unnecessary conflicts and misunderstandings.

Advice to Management

There must be clear explanation on daily responsibility for each employee in order for the employees to efficiently handle their job instead of carrying it over to the next shift

2. "Marketing"

I worked at Mercy Health System full-time

Pros

Great manager, good benefits, good work/life balance.

Cons

Extensive commuting between the different facilities

3. "Physician , DO"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at Mercy Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Geriatric population, Call from home 1 X per month , outpatient, PACE program,

Cons

Parent company- Trinity Health applies many policies and procedures which are not discussed or piloted with their employees

4. "service oriented, struggling"

I worked at Mercy Health System full-time

Pros

mission based, ethical practices in healthcare delivery

Cons

funding concerns, medicaid roll back possibility, resources

5. "n/a"

Pros

mission-centric, friendly, team-oriented, helpful, approachable staff

Cons

limited financially, top-down approach

"UR Specialist, RN"

Current Employee - UR Specialist, RN in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - UR Specialist, RN in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Mercy Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company's overall vision of providing care to underprivileged is honorable and felt in the location that I am employed. I cannot speak for other sites. I have been an employee for just over 8 months and I love my job. I feel constant support and encouragement from my Colleagues and my Manager. My department works very well together in completing our job. Acquiring any additional certifications or education is for the most part covered by the company. My manager is constantly doing what she can to support our team, keep us engaged and recognized for our roles in the success of the company. My position is unique in that I work from home, I am not monitored or micromanaged. I am treated as a professional and respected for my experience and given autonomy to do my job how I want. As long as I am following company standards and maintaining insurance or CMS guidelines.

Cons

Orientation was very fast. Although I was slowly brought up to full productivity, I was not given much time in person with my manager or colleagues to learn some of the little details of the job that end up being important in the long run. I work remotely therefore communication can sometimes be challenging. There isn't a specific job description or manual to refer to, which may not be important to others, but I feel would have been beneficial to me or to any new employee. Changes in policy or specific duties can happen very fast and sometimes with that there can be confusion.

Advice to Management

It takes all working together cohesively to make a well oiled running machine. One bolt or one belt breaking can cause the whole engine to shut down. Listen to your employees and their concerns no matter how little they may seem to you. We are all together one company but remember that we are also individuals who may learn or adapt to changes differently. Have patience and understanding that we all may need to adjust to the changes that are coming with healthcare now and in the immediate future.

7. "Satisfactory"

I worked at Mercy Health System full-time

Pros

Great benefits, retirement, PTO, sick time, etc. Salaries are acceptable.

Cons

Mission of Mercy seems to be skewed.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Career Feedback"

I worked at Mercy Health System full-time

Pros

Decent vacation and personal time allowance

Cons

Upper Management talks a good story but fails to update staff regarding career-impacting changes

Advice to Management

Ensure that when employees are put on special assignment, that they report to a Manager and not to Upper Management

9. "Review of Mercy Health"

I have been working at Mercy Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and good team to work with

Cons

disorganized and chaotic no reimbursement for professional development/training

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Mercy Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission to serve the poor and underserved. The people you work with every day. The work is good, more challenging in the past, but still okay.

Cons

Being part of a larger organization that really does not appear to have a clue about this System or the market it serves. In an effort to reduced the bottom line especially in a support area (where I work) when colleagues leave positions, often their work is just distributed to other colleagues with no consideration for the amount of work the remaining colleague already has. Talk alot about work-life balance, but really do not practice what they preach.

Advice to Management

Better communication in some areas, much less communicaiton in other areas. Limit the number of meetings scheduled to allow colleagues to actually do their job.