Mercy Reviews | Glassdoor

Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton
Lynn Britton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management could explain where Mercy is going better (in 20 reviews)

• Low pay compared to other companies and little respect from management (in 15 reviews)

1. "Amazing mission driven organization, sorry I had to relocate."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Springfield, MO

Pros

Employees are treated with respect. Tons of benefits. Truly live up to their mission statement. Fun environment, like family. You really feel as you are making a difference in the lives of patients, employees and the community.

Cons

Physicians can occasionally be difficult to deal with as an employee, but patient care is exceptional. Seeing people in the elevator as a co-worker when they have treated you as a patient can be a little embarrassing sometimes.

2. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive management.
    Great learning opportunities.
    Friendly work environment.

Cons

I enjoyed my time there.

3. "Working at Mercy is inspiring."

Current Employee - Communications
    Current Employee - Communications

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Mercy because the organization is truly focused on the mission and fulfilling the legacy of the Sisters of Mercy. I work in a non-clinical setting, and the environment is so uplifting. I'm inspired by the people I work with every day, and my leaders challenge me to do new things and think outside the box constantly. I can't imagine working anywhere else, and I plan to retire at Mercy. The people here care about me, and they care about my opinion. You can't go wrong working at Mercy! There is lots of opportunity for professional and personal growth here.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about my work experience here. It has been awesome.

4. "A place like none other."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission, values and ethics. Despit what another review listed, Mercy does not have a "corporate" feel to it, in my opinion. As all things in life, you get out what you put in. Due to challenges in healthcare across the US, there have been changes put in place to insure our ministry is sustainable. Far too often people mistake the desire to sustain our business as "corporate" or "losing what Mercy is all about". You must continue to maintain the balance of ministry and business to carry on the wonderful legacy that is Mercy.
    The leadership in place across all of Mercy understand this challenge and do a wonderful job of balancing these two difficult tasks.
    An excellent place to work and I can only hope that I can one day retire from this incredible organization.

Cons

Due to the steady growth over the last several years, there have been some difficulties with communication and structure operationally. However, I feel this is due to the exponential growth across the state of Oklahoma.
    It would be nice to have more money for merit increases/raises.

5. "The atmosphere was very supportive of new nurses and the other employees were excellent to work with."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive hospital environment. Good workers.

Cons

Low starting pay comparative to other cities in MO. Scheduling was often inflexible.

Advice to Management

You will retain better staff if you pay them comparably. Also, you need to make sure that the schedulers take into consideration the employees' needs. This was the number one complaint.

6. "Working"

Pros

Mission oriented and employees have lot of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Work night be a little stressful but overall it is comfortabls

7. "Great Ministry"

Current Employee - Emergency Room Technician in Ardmore, OK
    Current Employee - Emergency Room Technician in Ardmore, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is more than a job, it is a ministry in serving others. The employees are treated like it's a big family, not just 1 of thousands of employees. Daily prayers are shared over the whole hospital. You are encouraged to sit and visit with the patients to help them feel important. They really care about the patients that are in their hospital, they are not just a way to make money.

Cons

I can not name any cons at this time. I'm very happy working for Mercy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you do!

8. "N/a"

Pros

Christian environment to work in is nice

Cons

Staffing issues/concerns with new staffing grid

Advice to Management

N/a

9. "not a waste"

Pros

people there are very nice

Cons

jobs are tedious and deal with the same things

10. "Mercy is truly a wonderful, caring and compassionate organization. I feel blessed to be part of this team."

Current Employee - Director, Health Information Management/Privacy Site Coordinator in Mountain View, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many reasons that I feel Mercy is an excellent company, however, I will just list a few. #1, they are caring about the patients but also very dedicated to the staff and encourage a positive growth oriented environment; 2, they listen; 3, Both motivation and drive are encouraged and you can be involved in as much of the organization as you want, 4, they strive to advance forward in all realms of healthcare, including virtual medicine, EHR growth and Patient Information.

Cons

I really cannot think of many CONS other than like all jobs the pay is equitable but never enough, yet when looking at healthcare as a whole, and comparing to other organizations, Mercy is competitive, especially for the rural communities.

Advice to Management

Just continue to listen to the coworkers and communicate the growth within the organization.