Cover image for Mercy

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Mercy~4653
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and patients appreciate you(in 164 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and patient relationships(in 120 reviews)
  • "Great people and they were very flexible with my college schedule.(in 113 reviews)
  • "Staff are great(in 39 reviews)
  • "good culture and lot's of help from most of the co(in 32 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mercy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing

Apr 21, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Good hours Everyone is very nice and helpful

Cons

No cons All pros Lots of moving around

1 person found this review helpful

Mercy Response

We always consider it an honor to receive fivestar reviews! We’re elated to know you’re enjoying your time with Mercy. Thank you for your time and review. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 17, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Pay Home time Flexible

Cons

Not really any cons. Genuinely great place to work

Mercy Response

We always consider it an honor to receive five-star reviews! We’re elated to know you’re enjoying your time with Mercy. Thank you for your time and review. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

3. Join the Mercy team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Dec 5, 2022 - Nurse Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is pretty great and the facility is the nicest I've seen out of any hospital in the area

Cons

No cons other than long work shifts, but my manager will work with me and let me do half days whenever

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 2, 2022 - Vice President of Operations in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is wonderful. We have difficult discussions, but they are productive. Everyone I work with wants the best for our coworkers and our company. I trust my teammates and want to work hard for them.

Cons

The workload is a lot, but it is manageable. I feel like I have support to help me succeed.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful and Kind Staff.

Dec 6, 2022 - Physician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highly advanced EMR, Epic .

Cons

So far I have seen no downsides to working for Mercy.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mercy Management

Nov 14, 2022 - Practice Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health benefits, enjoyed working with the providers for Mercy, location options near home.

Cons

No significant annual salary increases or incentives for management/leadership. Worked well over 50 hours a week doing hourly position work and doing management work after hours, at home and on weekends. Was not able to use PTO appropriately as earned without being questioned and feeling guilty. Even though I was paid salary, I collectively was only making $11-$13 an hour with no OT pay for extra hours outside of operational hours. Poor work/life balance with relatively no incentives or bonuses, very little-no support from leadership to grow or move up in salary.

Mercy Response

Thank you for completing a review and sharing feedback regarding your experience and perspective. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

I am overall satisfied with my position, coworkers, and manager.

Nov 24, 2022 - Patient/Family Service Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits Pay Administration Starts the day off with prayer Continuing education ability

Cons

Pay Lack of communication at times Constantly changing policies Lack of compassion from some physicians with patients & families ED needs to be updated

9. 5.0

Nursing at Mercy

Oct 4, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment here is very warm and friendly. The managers care about the employees. I love the value driven culture, and love of Christ reflected in both the buildings and in the people. The building and grounds are lovely and the food in the cafeteria is good.

Cons

Nursing salaries are capped out too low, lower than the surrounding hospitals. Nurses, for the amount of knowledge, responsibility, and liability, do not make nearly enough money to compensate for the incredible stressful position we are in on a daily basis. Unfortunately we as a group tend to do this job for the love of people, which allows us to be continually undervalued by our employers.

Mercy Response

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our co-workers are one of our greatest assets and we appreciative your positive feedback and suggestions. If you have additional suggestions, please contact us via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

10. 2.0

More cons than pros

Oct 24, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Um it’s really hard to come up with a pro.

Cons

Annual merit-based raises are determined by coworker evaluations. Each employee receives an email with the names of 3 coworkers to give their unfiltered thoughts on. Most coworkers view this system as unfair and opt not to respond to the emails. However, some coworkers fill out the evaluations and can write whatever they want about said coworker. In my experience coworkers use the evals to write negative, biased feedback and this is how managers and supervisors determine your merit-based raise. Conflicts among coworkers are mismanaged. Coworkers will tattle on each other and often times the manager or house supervisor will individually confront the employee that was tattled on. Then there’s no repair of the relationship between the two coworkers in conflict. It also rewards coworkers not handling the conflict directly like mature adults.

Mercy Response

Thank you for completing a review! We strive to create and foster a positive and productive work environment for all Mercy co-workers, and we’re sorry to hear your experience is not meeting your expectations. If you have additional input to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you!

11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be a lot better

Aug 19, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers become lifelong friends, mercy shifts which are bonuses for working OT can really add up

Cons

We now take 8 patients at night and work with as few as one PCA. This results in severely understaffed units and poor patient care and outcomes. When I started at mercy yeara ago this was not at all the standard. RNs often pick up slack from PCAs who feel undervalued and this results in even more stress on the nurse. The entire building is short staffed and not at all the friendly and inviting culture I started out in. It’s toxic most of the time and every discipline feels the crunch but it falls down hard on the bedside nurses. Day shift is way better staffed and admits are allowed to wait til shift change to come up to the floors and to come out of ICU’s which further strains the night shift nurse. No one cares and no one addresses the issue. Day shift has twice and sometimes three times as much staff. This is building wide.

1 person found this review helpful

Mercy Response

Thank you for completing a review and for sharing helpful feedback regarding Mercy. Without skilled professionals like you, Mercy wouldn't be able to provide the exceptional level of care we are known for providing. Your input has been captured. If you have any additional feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you for your time and dedication!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,946 Reviews
</>Embed

Mercy Reviews FAQs

Mercy has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,029 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Mercy to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mercy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mercy. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

64% of Mercy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mercy 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mercy to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Mercy Job Seekers